Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you do if you won €130 million?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,545 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Devide it up amongst family and friends. Also give sizeable donation to paedophile hunters groups to help with phones and petrol expenses etc

It's good to see someone with a clear plan. It is surprising how many people in the country have no real idea of what they would do with €160 million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

BBFAN wrote: »
    I worked in the motor trade many years ago and plenty came in and bought expensive cars and vans for cash as in notes but then they brought in a rule where you had to get someone's PPS number for anything over 5k cash so that pretty much put a halt to that.
    If that's true, how come so many of our ethnic cousins have new vehicles? Does revenue check every sale over 5k?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,265 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

5k or more in notes I believe results in questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    If that's true, how come so many of our ethnic cousins have new vehicles? Does revenue check every sale over 5k?

Would love to know this myself. Tried Googling but I'm not getting any clear answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

Wouldn't give any money directly to charity, too much never sees the frontline services, I'd pick up the utility & food bills for a homeless shelter or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Paddy Cow wrote: »

Only if it's in cash and only whenever they audit you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭Spannerplank

Devide it up amongst family and friends. Also give sizeable donation to paedophile hunters groups to help with phones and petrol expenses etc

I think you'll find that your donations to paedo Hunter groups would be spent on coke and hookers.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,545 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

El_Bee wrote: »
    Wouldn't give any money directly to charity, too much never sees the frontline services, I'd pick up the utility & food bills for a homeless shelter or two.

There would be no frontline services unless some money went into wages and administration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭upinsmoke

upinsmoke wrote: »

That'd be nice, but getting planning permission, then getting a decent builder + materials to and from the island would be a bit of a hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

upinsmoke wrote: »
    Fook that. Too bleak. I'd buy something like Richard Branson's Neckor Island. Pure luxury and great weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

I think you'll find that your donations to paedo Hunter groups would be spent on coke and hookers.
    Get a life. Weirdo!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Keep my mouth shut as I would not want tons of begging letters plus having me and my family splashed all over the media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

Not tell anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

I would throw some items at a UFC bus and injure people. Have sessions all the time. Get tickets for speeding. Be in the papers for adultery.

Oh wait somebody else did that.....

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'd come on here and announce it... it's easy for people here to say what they'd do if they won anything like that money but on the off chance it was to ever happen to me, I'd say I would t know how to react or what to do. I think it's 160 million tomorrow or something near that anyway and while it would remove all your worries it'd probably bring way more ones that would make you miserable. I generally like where I am in life and where I live and the people I know and the lads in the local pub. All that would if not go completely but change radically.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

I would just add it to my other few hundred Million.

In reality, most people here would have the money gone in around 10-15 years, the accumulation and retention of wealth is something you either have or dont, hence why no one makes the millions. you need to know how to make it and keep it rather than just hold it.

Saying all that though, there is an 80 acre island off Galway I saw for sale, but that, 3 bed cottage and a weed farm out the back, then apply for a principality and have my own island away from Law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Have houses picked in Sydney, Los Angeles, South Lake Tahoe and Marbella. I'd buy them. Buy my mother a house. Pay for my sister to finish college without having any financial worries. Pay off friends mortgages. One of my friends wife's is a bank manager, I'd ask her to manage my finances. Travel a lot. Go to every sporting event I want in luxury, boxing, UFC, football, american football, GAA finals, Cheltenham, Aintree, the National. Help out a few local bands with equiptment etc.

13 billion penny sweets please, Margaret

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

...In reality, most people here would have the money gone in around 10-15 years, the accumulation and retention of wealth is something you either have or dont, hence why no one makes the millions. you need to know how to make it and keep it rather than just hold it.

55398ffb2dd4ac4e23d981a027b65cb3?width=1024

You'd need to have a Phd in stupidity to blow €165,000,000.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

If I won €130 million, I'd always thought about how to announce it publicly whilst having an obfuscated appearance. Seems this guy has the right idea though!

Could blow the dust off the horse head mask :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

If I got that much dosh I think I'd defo give my closest family, best mates and partner a million each, then we could all be rich bastards having the craic together.

Always the chance that suddenly getting loaded could ruin their lives though, which would then be my fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭daithi7

I'd buy an island beside Dermot's one...

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Most likely keel over from the shock...!!!

what's the property tax like on a 2million euro house?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭wizardman

Coke and Hoes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

That requires even more hopeless optimism than playing the lotto ;)

Pretty sure they were there last May.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

El_Bee wrote: »
    what's the property tax like on a 2million euro house?

A few well placed brown envelopes to the right politicians could see the property tax done away with for good.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

A few well placed brown envelopes to the right politicians could see the property tax done away with for good.
    You open it to the public for tax reasons. Revenue aren't allowed tell An Taisce. And you don't advertise which days it's open.

Do it right and your accountants could probably swing a grant or two

With that sort of money people working full time on tax avoidance would pay for themselves. And at the interview you can screen them as potential organ donors.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Imagine dying and leaving 90 million unspent in a bank account. What a bloody waste.
    Worse, after 15 years it goes to the gubbermint

Advertisement