Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

PTH2009 wrote: »
    44617841_10155932420505687_1085730993278550016_o.png?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=4648a134cde63c2a4f785d37ae17ef85&oe=5C8827A3

I wonder will we see 1 or 2 of those added to Slane ???. Slane of course places the weekend before this

Id add Slash and Trivium

**** trivium they'd add nothing... Tool and slipknot though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Trivium lost their appeal after Ascendancy although their last album was good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Nothing there really that would help pull more of a crowd to Slane. The Cure gig will nearly have a bigger impact on final sales than who'll get added I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Carcass played at Kirk's 'Kirk Von Hammett FestEvil back in 2014. Kirk is a big fan and their diary is open as far as I know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0QOjRy0f6Q

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭EachSmallChime

Tool are on my list of bands to see before I die but something about them as a support act at Slane is very underwhelming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Tool are on my list of bands to see before I die but something about them as a support act at Slane is very underwhelming.

Tool won't be at Slane,they are in Germany that weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,979 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Slash & Myles 100% won't be there as they are confirmed for the twin Rock /Am Ring/Im Park festivals in Germany same weekend as Slane.

balls

Carcass played at Kirk's 'Kirk Von Hammett FestEvil back in 2014. Kirk is a big fan and their diary is open as far as I know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0QOjRy0f6Q

I'd say MCD will be picking the next support and it won't be carcass. They'll someone to shift more tickets probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 deise76

Slash & Myles 100% won't be there as they are confirmed for the twin Rock /Am Ring/Im Park festivals in Germany same weekend as Slane.

Not too far away if they play rock am ring fri or sun night still a possability for slane on sat???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

deise76 wrote: »
    Not too far away if they play rock am ring fri or sun night still a possability for slane on sat???

I didn't mention just one festival in my post if you read it again, they won't be here as far as Slane is concerned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭ceegee

Slipknot are in Germany that weekend as well, so can rule them out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭bennyl10

tickets available for print if people are so inclined

support wise, could be anyone.. Slipknowt would surely have been too big, booked or not

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

44617841_10155932420505687_1085730993278550016_o.png?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=4648a134cde63c2a4f785d37ae17ef85&oe=5C8827A3

I wonder will we see 1 or 2 of those added to Slane ???. Slane of course places the weekend before this

Id add Slash and Trivium

Tool at download?! **** me might have to make my first appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭colmufc

ceegee wrote: »
    Slipknot are in Germany that weekend as well, so can rule them out

Finland that weekend which makes them even more unlikely , would be great to add them but it's time to start looking elsewhere at support more than likely were not getting anyone higher up the list than ghost

• Registered Users Posts: 10,640 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Those of you who are saying Carcass could be a support act!!???

I've never laughed so hard in my life!!!! Not a bleedin chance they'll be at Slane!!??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

colmufc wrote: »
    Finland that weekend which makes them even more unlikely , would be great to add them but it's time to start looking elsewhere at support more than likely were not getting anyone higher up the list than ghost

I’m of the opinion that Ghost are and always been the no2 band on this tour so whatever support is added, will be below them on the lineup.

I’m of the opinion that Ghost are and always been the no2 band on this tour so whatever support is added, will be below them on the lineup.
    Absolutely correct. The only band going on after ghost is Metallica. I'd imagine we'll have a mini festival during the day... One new Irish band that MCD are championing and possibly one bigger name.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I would love to see Dead Label or Svet Kant getting a support slot.

The Irish opening act will be young signed to a label and funded by their parents....

I hope its therapy or kerbdog meself or both

Likewise it was just wishful thinking really ,
    I can't see anyone even semi big being added now to be honest , therapy would be the best of the bunch for Irish bands

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

The Irish opening act will be young signed to a label and funded by their parents....

kerbdog still going?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭charlietully

Id add Slash and Trivium

Slipknot are a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Slipknot are a joke

seen them a couple of times, good live act

Slipknot are a joke

either you have never seen them live or you sir are a snob:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Greg81

Slipknot are awesome! They were supported first Metallica gig I have attend. 2004 Chorzow, Poland

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭John DoeReMi

Fang Club are young and brilliant and would make a great addition IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭Penfailed

That would be ideal. Other lesser known newish Irish acts like Wolff or Thumper would slot in nicely too.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    kerbdog still going?
    upon request

Fang Club are young and brilliant and would make a great addition IMHO.

saw them at the pixies , not bad at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Those of you who are saying Carcass could be a support act!!???

I've never laughed so hard in my life!!!! Not a bleedin chance they'll be at Slane!!??

I know that, more wishful thinking on my part.

Imagine Jeff Walker coming out and saying something similar to what he said in Belgium ('Ah Belgium, the home of chocolates and pedophiles'...)

I'm glad I could give you a laugh though!

Advertisement