Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,269 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

9 times out of ten, a bands arena setup differs from the stadium/outdoor setup.

Also, how could Slane handle a gig "In the round"!?!? It never has before.

Don't be silly, you're getting the full summer tour production. You didn't pay for a gig to the o2 in London.

I never mentioned in the round setup. The full production for this show would be that huge stage they had in the US stadiums, along with whatever pyro they use.

If that wasn't there in full in comparison to other shows (from the summer tour), that's when partial refunds should be given

• Registered Users Posts: 29,071 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Mushy wrote: »
    I never mentioned in the round setup. The full production for this show would be that huge stage they had in the US stadiums, along with whatever pyro they use.

If that wasn't there in full in comparison to other shows (from the summer tour), that's when partial refunds should be given

you could be very disappointed if this doesnt occur, maybe move your ticket on now to save disappointment. expect changes from the outdoor setup compared to the indoor one, its also important to realise, overall costs of such an event is not solely down to the artists, and are out of their control.

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    you could be very disappointed if this doesnt occur, maybe move your ticket on now to save disappointment. expect changes from the outdoor setup compared to the indoor one, its also important to realise, overall costs of such an event is not solely down to the artists, and are out of their control.

I'm not expecting any indoor setup though, never was so no idea why that's being brought up. My point is that they should have the full outdoor show there, they're charging enough for it

Mushy wrote: »
    I'm not expecting any indoor setup though, never was so no idea why that's being brought up. My point is that they should have the full outdoor show there, they're charging enough for it

again, the artists are only one part of the overall cost of such an event, they have their performance fee, then everything else is calculated from this. unfortunately it seems like running such events has become extremely expensive in ireland for various reasons. i know somebody that just spent 500 euro on 3 tickets for the eagles, sadly running such events is becoming too expensive in ireland in my opinion, and price rises seem to not be stopping either.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

As long as people will accept price rises, they will continue to rise.

• Advertisement

again, the artists are only one part of the overall cost of such an event, they have their performance fee, then everything else is calculated from this. unfortunately it seems like running such events has become extremely expensive in ireland for various reasons. i know somebody that just spent 500 euro on 3 tickets for the eagles, sadly running such events is becoming too expensive in ireland in my opinion, and price rises seem to not be stopping either.

I understand that, but part of the performance is the full production.

Didn't a7x do this a few years ago? Left the pyro behind as the attendance was poor. That's short-changing the customers, which is lousy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,416 ✭✭✭Wailin

Jesus, you're a shining light of optimism and positivity aren't you? Of course they'll bring full production to Slane why wouldn't they?

Wailin wrote: »
    Jesus, you're a shining light of optimism and positivity aren't you? Of course they'll bring full production to Slane why wouldn't they?

i havent begun to be depressing yet, but give me that chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,333 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Have any of the MOANING MINNIES on here mentioned the weather yet ?!?

Jaysus H Christ on a bike .................................................................................

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

greenspurs wrote: »

Jaysus H Christ on a bike .................................................................................

...just give me that chance.....:D

• Advertisement

greenspurs wrote: »

Today's or for next June? Today is a bit cold, not a huge fan of it. Has been ages since I went outside

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭direstraits

When will we receive hard copy tickets in the post?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

could be tomorrow, could be a week before the gig. there's no pattern or logic to when they come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

March 23rd

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

The set up we'll get will be the main stage (as per the layout on Ticketdisaster) with the huge screens behind and they will have the whole show. I don't think there's anywhere big enough to handle the circular stage in the middle and crowd around it in Ireland.

It'll be class and that's all that matters :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

The set up we'll get will be the main stage (as per the layout on Ticketdisaster) with the huge screens behind and they will have the whole show. I don't think there's anywhere big enough to handle the circular stage in the middle and crowd around it in Ireland.

It'll be class and that's all that matters :D

I doubt they're doing the circular stage anywhere on this outdoor leg. Look at the second down live picture on their website's homepage, that's probably the set up we'll get.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,937 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

It'll be class and nothing else matters :D

fixed it

• Registered Users Posts: 38,156 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

http://plsn.com/archives/october-2017/metallica-worldwired-tour/

Not sure what way this will look in Slane esp with the Golden Circle/GA/Zone A

• Registered Users Posts: 7,539 ✭✭✭Penfailed

PTH2009 wrote: »
    http://plsn.com/archives/october-2017/metallica-worldwired-tour/

Not sure what way this will look in Slane esp with the Golden Circle/GA/Zone A
    Wouldn't they need a covered stage...in case of, y'know, rain?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

After listening to Ghost everyday since the announcement and familiarising myself with their songs, I'm now more looking forward to them than 'tallica ;)

Great support act to have

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,539 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Alanhooly wrote: »
    After listening to Ghost everyday since the announcement and familiarising myself with their songs, I'm now more looking forward to them than 'tallica ;)

Great support act to have

I've been listening to Bokassa on Spotify too. Between them and Ghost it's a great support so far.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,869 ✭✭✭893bet

Can’t make Slane ..��

So booked Manchester instead!.....��

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Surely the Golden Circle has limit capacity and that's why it's sold out ??
    I don't think they ever claimed it was sold out. They are pulled from sale, nothing new there.

They are back on sale now.

Zone A are also available.

There is also
    VIP Castle Compound Ticket
    €159.50

Not sure if that was there before.

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/metallica-worldwired-tour-2019-co-meath-08-06-2019/event/18005532DCB938DC

893bet wrote:
    So booked Manchester instead!.....

Probably better off to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭snoopy84

rubadub wrote:
    There is also VIP Castle Compound Ticket €159.50

?????
    same price as gold circle?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Why wouldn't we be getting the full production? They're doing a full arena tour, would presume they're bringing the whole set up to every date.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

snoopy84 wrote: »
    ?????
    same price as gold circle?
    yes, and they are still on sale at a higher price. They are not available for sale anymore at the cheaper price, but I was offered them earlier. Sales must be struggling.
    Why wouldn't we be getting the full production?
    If it turns out to not full production it is likely due to the huge expense of shipping all the stage over to 1 island for a single gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,188 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Is it the fireworks, lights and smoke you're all going for?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,156 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

rubadub wrote: »
    There is also
    VIP Castle Compound Ticket
    €159.50

Not sure if that was there before.

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/metallica-worldwired-tour-2019-co-meath-08-06-2019/event/18005532DCB938DC

Anyway of upgrading from Gold Circle too this if they are the same price ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,937 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

If you're a fan, then golden circle is better than VIP compound, VIP compound is over towards the castle and golden circle is in front of stage.

Advertisement