Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,071 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

rubadub wrote:
    If it turns out to not full production it is likely due to the huge expense of shipping all the stage over to 1 island for a single gig.

I know on previous tours they've had 3 sets of stage setups on the go, incredible production, no wonder gigs are so expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,156 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

If you're a fan, then golden circle is better than VIP compound, VIP compound is over towards the castle and golden circle is in front of stage.

Think the pricing is a mistake for the VIP compound ???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Got my free copy of hardwired in the post today, handy for the car I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

PTH2009 wrote: »

It should be called the wannabe compound..dont waste your time..who the hell wants to scoff canapes and rub shoulders with people who think Sandman is some new brand of foundation that will make their face even more orange. Plus the view is really not all that great unless your watching through your gold iphone X which no doubt many will be up there. Its Metallica..down on the field or nothing for me \m/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,333 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

It should be called the wannabe compound..dont waste your time..who the hell wants to scoff canapes and rub shoulders with people who think Sandman is some new brand of foundation that will make their face even more orange. Plus the view is really not all that great unless your watching through your gold iphone X which no doubt many will be up there. Its Metallica..down on the field or nothing for me \m/

Hardcore :rolleyes:

Each to their own ??

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement

greenspurs wrote: »
    Hardcore :rolleyes:

Each to their own ??

Absolutely and fair Enough..im not trying to be a smartarse..it just wrecks my head seeing people wasting their day up there..its just so much better craic down on the field. Of course thats just my opinion..and yes each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Absolutely and fair Enough..im not trying to be a smartarse..it just wrecks my head seeing people wasting their day up there..its just so much better craic down on the field. Of course thats just my opinion..and yes each to their own.

What age are you out of curiosity? Metallicas fans stretch across 3 generations at this stage. Some people can't handle standing on a hill all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

D.Q wrote: »
    What age are you out of curiosity? Metallicas fans stretch across 3 generations at this stage. Some people can't handle standing on a hill all day.

or could be bringing wives or children. can't be annoyed that someone hasn't stayed the same person for 30 years.

D.Q wrote: »

The wrong side of 40!..saw them in the point in 92(still the best gig ive ever seen)..i totally get that..last few we've sat up on the hill and had a few beers between acts..no way im gonna stand all day..especially in slane..you would need to sit down after queuing for them bars!..for some people the compound is essential(disabled access etc)but i just feel theres a disconnect in the atmosphere if your up there..by all means go up for a couple of hours im the early afternoon if you have access to it but not for the main band if you want to leave there feeling youve made the most of the day..again just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,333 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Absolutely and fair Enough..im not trying to be a smartarse..it just wrecks my head seeing people wasting their day up there..

Jeez , relax boy ! :eek:

And those that are 'wasting their day up there' are probably looking down at all the eejits standing on a hill, and the majority of them cant even see the band, especially those that stand at the back .....

Not everyone wants the same thing, so why get so upset about someones elses choice of where to watch the gig from?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement

greenspurs wrote: »
    Jeez , relax boy ! :eek:

And those that are 'wasting their day up there' are probably looking down at all the eejits standing on a hill, and the majority of them cant even see the band, especially those that stand at the back .....

Not everyone wants the same thing, so why get so upset about someones elses choice of where to watch the gig from?

LOL definitely not upset so dont know where thats coming from..just saying if a choice between gold circle and vip compound with them both at the same price the first option is definitely the one to go for if you dont have the responsibilty of kids with you etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

LOL definitely not upset so dont know where thats coming from.
    not sure why you are laughing out loud, is it really that funny, you said
    it just wrecks my head seeing people wasting their day up there.
    "wrecked my head" would be a term I would consider as meaning being upset about something.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭Degag

PTH2009 wrote: »

Think you are right. Had a look both yesterday and today and while the option is there for VIP Compound tickets at 159.50e, a search doesn't actually yield any tickets. When you do a "normal" search though, they show up at 272.75e

rubadub wrote: »
    not sure why you are laughing out loud, is it really that funny, you said

"wrecked my head" would be a term I would consider as meaning being upset about something.

Ok point taken..i may have worded it wrongly. I was using that phrase in its losest term and definitely have never stood there staring at the castle in a fit of rage haha.Apologies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭peter4918

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Got my free copy of hardwired in the post today, handy for the car I suppose

I think it ridiculous that MCD feel the need to hand out free copies of Hardwire to ticket buyers. For me it shows that its going to be a watered down event crowd wise, full of the nothing else matters brigade who haven’t a clue about anything else. Metallica should have just played a smaller venue & sell it out to people who know the music. Just my two cents,

peter4918 wrote: »
    I think it ridiculous that MCD feel the need to hand out free copies of Hardwire to ticket buyers. For me it shows that its going to be a watered down event crowd wise, full of the nothing else matters brigade who haven’t a clue about anything else. Metallica should have just played a smaller venue & sell it out to people who know the music. Just my two cents,
    It isn't MCD who are doing it, it's Metallica themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,937 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

My least favourite type of post

My least favourite type of post

Howcome? 😂😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Howcome? 😂😂

Factually incorrect for starters.

Factually incorrect for starters.

Why, because I said MCD are giving out the cds? As a previous poster pointed out, if it is Metallica giving out the cds then I stand corrected. But to me this makes it all the more ridulous that a band of Metallica’s stature feel the need to hand out free cds to people who buy a ticket. Hardwired is two years old at this stage and if you haven’t heard it by now then why would you be going to see them on the hardwired tour?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

The 'Nothing Else Matter Brigade' as you call them have just as much right to go to a gig as anyone. Do you want people to take a quiz on their Metallica knowledge before they're allowed buy a ticket?

But as you said, it's just your two cents so can be quickly put aside and forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭klose

Looking at their set list they seem to only play 3-4 songs off hardwired (which is a decent album imo) I'm fairly certain Metallica themselves the majority there want most of their play list to contain songs from their first 5 albums.

klose wrote: »
    Looking at their set list they seem to only play 3-4 songs off hardwired (which is a decent album imo) I'm fairly certain Metallica themselves the majority there want most of their play list to contain songs from their first 5 albums.
    Generally ranges from 4 to even 6 which is a tad too many for my liking as it doesn't leave much room for any surprises when you take the staples into account.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

You just have the option of the album, if you don't want it don't pay postage/opt for download isn't that pretty straightforward? I didn't have it I listened to it on spotify before I saw them in London guess I should apologize. Played 7 off it when I saw them then so 3-4 now be ideal tbh as it's only okay for me, The title track is surely the weakest track they've opened shows with?

The 'Nothing Else Matter Brigade' as you call them have just as much right to go to a gig as anyone. Do you want people to take a quiz on their Metallica knowledge before they're allowed buy a ticket?

But as you said, it's just your two cents so can be quickly put aside and forgotten.[/QUOTE

No offense meant to anybody here. Yes, of course everybody is entitled to buy a ticket. But, for a gig of that size, it may be a rubbish atmosphere if it turns out that alot of the audience don’t know most of the set list and are not getting into it.

Again, just my two cents so yes please do put it aside and forget it!

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭colmufc

Why, because I said MCD are giving out the cds? As a previous poster pointed out, if it is Metallica giving out the cds then I stand corrected. But to me this makes it all the more ridulous that a band of Metallica’s stature feel the need to hand out free cds to people who buy a ticket. Hardwired is two years old at this stage and if you haven’t heard it by now then why would you be going to see them on the hardwired tour?

Its done by many artists now , in America the biggest touring act that sell out every show is the Dave Matthews band and they gave away free copies of there new album with each ticket for there summer tour , each CD/download was sent out the day the album was released and helped make the album become there 8th consecutive no.1 album, now it makes alot of sence for them to do this before the tour kicks off and ya it's a bit strange of Metallica to do it 2 years on but It won't help it gain traction in the Irish charts as the free album system is not counted towards sales in Ireland.
    Just to bear in mind the Dave Matthews album would have gone to no.1 in the states without the giveaway but they have toured 26of the last 27 summer's so there always trying to give back to fans despite there high ticket prices this year
    Metallica giving away the album like this would be fine had they done it from the original release

• Registered Users Posts: 20,937 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Howcome? 😂😂

Because you didn't go far enough. Metallica should play fibbers and there should be a 3 hour entrance exam, and a survival of the fittest style Boot Camp to ensure only the most elite circle pit commandos are admitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

any one else having trouble printing tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

any one else having trouble printing tickets?

Not available till 3pm Friday December 14th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭klose

Degag wrote: »
    Generally ranges from 4 to even 6 which is a tad too many for my liking as it doesn't leave much room for any surprises when you take the staples into account.

What would be your preferred surprise tracks? I do have a soft spot for kill em all, so anything off that is gravy (seek and destroy is a given)

Advertisement