Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling in this 'storm'

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭C3PO

Left Shankill at 5.30am and cycled to Ballsbridge! Nice tailwind, spitting rain, some standing water and small debris but really no bother at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Looks like perfect KOM weather out there to me.
    Nice breeze but nothing dangerous.
    In saying that, last night I decided to take the car and have a rest day while the weather was bad and use my car on my lunch to get something else done. Washed all my gear I use for work, unpacked my bag and got nothing ready for work.
    Now it’s not even bad out and the traffic will probably be ****.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Dublin 12 to Dublin 1 - no problems. There was a bit of surface water along the canal and some branches down but nothing that would stop you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,325 ✭✭✭Macy0161

If I'd been let even load the bike by the better half, I would've chanced it, especially as the chances of a second very windy phase seemed to have/ still seems to have abatted since I posted yesterday. Wasn't worth the row/ earache though! :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Weepsie wrote: »
    I've to transport a relatively large cake into work that would be pretty comical on a bike anyway, but nigh on stupid tomorrow

The cake has survived

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Weepsie wrote: »
    The cake has survived
    But for how much longer?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

Last nights sprouts produced more wind than that

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,823 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

the cake is a lie.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

The cake was very much true, and all gone now I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Thanks for the advice this morning, the wife didnt want me to cycle but it was fine along n11. Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Horrendously disappointed with the lack of wind this morning. I was actually slower than most days this week despite the supposed tail/cross wind on the N11. I did have to stay out in the bus lane o a few stretches due to the debris and observing a few others skating on the cycle lanes with the wet leaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

brought my son to creche on the bike, one bit of headwind aside it was all fine.

then the cycle into work was pleasantly underwhelming. I'm hoping for a stiff breeze behind me heading out the S2S towards Sutton after work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Luxman

57k for me, yeah it was windy but nothing that would make you nervous on the bike. Headed from Ratoath to Kilcock taking it easy as I judged a tailwind from Kilcock to Summerhill. Promptly set 3 PR's on that stretch. As soon as I turned off for Doreys the heavens opened and I got proper wet. Like 2kg heavier wet :-). I love stormy weather.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Daroxtar wrote: »
    Looks like the Sleive Bloom Extreme Challenge on saturday might just be a little bit more extreme

Soft old day for it alright.

463833.jpg

Anyone else do it?

Advertisement