Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sherlock - A game of Werewolf!

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    this : Katie - Wendy, Gertrude, Brendan, Derry

I’m not sure Dessie. I spent a bit of time doing up my Mary work and to be honest I’m not sure what it adds up to or if it means anything.

I got tunneled into one or two people in a previous village so want to try and keep the head down a bit more.

But there was chaos during the Sk kill and intervening hours. I imagine there could be more dirty tricks from the SK tomorrow. I can’t believe they get to kill our seer by getting Frank. But if anybody else has any guesses now is the time...

Derry is always good for a puzzle. If our seer does die and he hasn’t made much effort to help I would be super suss on that...

only two ways u know jeff is dead, so not looking good for you :(

???

Do you mean if he’s alive he will kill me and if he’s dead his Wolfpack won’t kill me? Suppose they might think my Mary post scrutiny is worth a bite but I’m guessing the village will do ok without me. I nearly destroyed us in the last place!!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Riona WW wrote: »
    I’m not sure Dessie. I spent a bit of time doing up my Mary work and to be honest I’m not sure what it adds up to or if it means anything.

I got tunneled into one or two people in a previous village so want to try and keep the head down a bit more.

But there was chaos during the Sk kill and intervening hours. I imagine there could be more dirty tricks from the SK tomorrow. I can’t believe they get to kill our seer by getting Frank. But if anybody else has any guesses now is the time...

Derry is always good for a puzzle. If our seer does die and he hasn’t made much effort to help I would be super suss on that...

I don't think our seer is in any danger at all. They just need to keep their head down and keep on peeking.

If i was the vig i'd shoot Winifred.
    if i was the bg, i'd protect Wendy.
    if i was the seer, i'd peek Liam.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Jeff was a wolf.

So what’s the crack with the sk?

Thought i had responded to this already...

At the risk of being labelled to be defending a wolf

Does this not read as a more genuine mistake to you though? I mean if she was a wolf, she would know that Jeff was on her team and if she was the SK she would know that she wasn't Jeff.

I just dont understand what a wolf/SK would gain by coming out freely announcing they had to choose between two pills tbh, particularly when it gives away what jeff's killing style could be.

• Advertisement

Does this not read as a more genuine mistake to you though? I mean if she was a wolf, she would know that Jeff was on her team and if she was the SK she would know that she wasn't Jeff.

I just dont understand what a wolf/SK would gain by coming out freely announcing they had to choose between two pills tbh, particularly when it gives away what jeff's killing style could be.

I get that and had considered it. Did Wendy actually give her own response?

I mean I typed “Jeff was a wolf” in wendys original reveal but I now see why Dessie was saying. If I was the seer I would potentially know that Katie “was” a wolf/Jeff and as such the wolves would know that and if Katie was Jeff I’m dead...

Well if it’s any worth I’m not the seer and I’m not claiming I’m the seer. If the wolves want to take a bite go ahead. Release me from these shackles ....

This is the reason why i have two worlds for Wendy atm, until a time that i can figure out which which one is true. currently i am of the opinion that the wolves wanted her dead.

But, and i did say tinfoil earlier i believe, i have to leave the mind open to it being a ploy to get a deep wolf, foregoing their pill kill to implant deep wolf alder into village, for this to be believable, we have to believe that she derped on purpose, knowing full well that jeff is a wolf and posting that mixed up post to make us believe she is stupid.

As i have no need to tinfoil just yet, i tend to believe option 1 and think that the wolves are targeting her, and would like her protected, just in case.

I have not let go of tinfoil, but for now, lets take it at face value, that the wolves made an attempt on her life.

I get that and had considered it. Did Wendy actually give her own response?

I mean I typed “Jeff was a wolf” in wendys original reveal but I now see why Dessie was saying. If I was the seer I would potentially know that Katie “was” a wolf/Jeff and as such the wolves would know that and if Katie was Jeff I’m dead...

Well if it’s any worth I’m not the seer and I’m not claiming I’m the seer. If the wolves want to take a bite go ahead. Release me from these shackles ....

oh, lol thats a 3rd way, i was thinking the two more traditional ways,

buddy or priest.

This is the reason why i have two worlds for Wendy atm, until a time that i can figure out which which one is true. currently i am of the opinion that the wolves wanted her dead.

But, and i did say tinfoil earlier i believe, i have to leave the mind open to it being a ploy to get a deep wolf, foregoing their pill kill to implant deep wolf alder into village, for this to be believable, we have to believe that she derped on purpose, knowing full well that jeff is a wolf and posting that mixed up post to make us believe she is stupid.

As i have no need to tinfoil just yet, i tend to believe option 1 and think that the wolves are targeting her, and would like her protected, just in case.

I have not let go of tinfoil, but for now, lets take it at face value, that the wolves made an attempt on her life.

Mad for the tinfoil you are there Dessie

Mad for the tinfoil you are there Dessie

'm trying NOT to tinfoil :)

• Advertisement

'm trying NOT to tinfoil :)

This is how I picture you right now

facebook.jpg?1522799232

Tin-foil-hat%20%40animate.gif

oh, lol thats a 3rd way, i was thinking the two more traditional ways,

buddy or priest.

I’m Not claiming I’m Katie’s buddy or a priest either ....

giphy.gif

It’s like you are seasoning me up for a morning munch ....

I’m Not claiming I’m Katie’s buddy or a priest either ....

giphy.gif

It’s like you are seasoning me up for a morning munch ....

Well, the wolves will know if jeff is gone or not.
    if he is gone and u are not buddy, well. either they munch you for having that knowledge or they might take a gamble that...
    if there is no pill tomorrow, village will ask how you knew and survived the munch. the wolves might gamble that we lynch you ourselves.
    if jeff is alive, then why would you be munched?

is that seasoning enough?

if he is gone and u are not buddy, well. either they munch you for having that knowledge or they might take a gamble that...
    if there is no pill tomorrow, village will ask how you knew and survived the munch. the wolves might gamble that we lynch you ourselves.

lol, even more tinfoil, they might forego using the pill for a second day to achieve this.

I was asking if you were a wolf that say has to give messages to other wolves through means that wasn’t a backroom. Cause like one wolf possibly can’t speak directly with their pack...

And yes, I do feel very well seasoned for the morning BBQ. Roast Riona wrapped in tinfoil is popular these days....

lol, even more tinfoil, they might forego using the pill for a second day to achieve this.

Wait you think Jeff gets a kill on top of the wolves? So wolves get two kill shots each day?

I thought the pill was a mistake that referenced the sk who is known to drug people into killing people?!!

Wait you think Jeff gets a kill on top of the wolves? So wolves get two kill shots each day?

I thought the pill was a mistake that referenced the sk who is known to drug people into killing people?!!

if wendy is to be believed, jeff is a wolf who gets a 50/50 chance of a extra kill each day, yes.

Jeff Hope - "It's not chance, Mr Holmes, it's chess. It's a game of chess."
    Paid by Moriarty for his services, Jeff has a unique killing style

if wendy is to be believed, jeff is a wolf who gets a 50/50 chance of a extra kill each day, yes.

And we have no way of verifying it and there was no “failed attempt” notice...

Hmmm...

Very odd. The first half of my Mary notes on this thread(post 1040) has Katie - Frank - Wendy all interacting with Mary... If Wendy had been killed I would say that’s possibly a clue or a strange coincidence.

As always I Haven’t a clue if it means anything but hey we all get to wear tin foil hats right!? ....

• Advertisement

Jeff Hope - "It's not chance, Mr Holmes, it's chess. It's a game of chess."
    Paid by Moriarty for his services, Jeff has a unique killing style

UvBHt9.gif

And we have no way of verifying it and there was no “failed attempt” notice...

Hmmm...

Very odd. The first half of my Mary notes on this thread(post 1040) has Katie - Frank - Wendy all interacting with Mary... If Wendy had been killed I would say that’s possibly a clue or a strange coincidence.

As always I Haven’t a clue if it means anything but hey we all get to wear tin foil hats right!? ....

if wendy is lying, and jeff trys to kill and fails, and we get a fail message that it failed, thats wendys story in shambles, i'd wait a while for that to hopefully play out before passing judgement on her claim.

if wendy is lying, and jeff trys to kill and fails, and we get a fail message that it failed, thats wendys story in shambles, i'd wait a while for that to hopefully play out before passing judgement on her claim.

I’m off to bed. I hope I don’t wake up dead...

oiche-mhaith-fellahs-wee-the-zzz-bellahs-wee-the-good-11805201.png

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

WerewolfGM wrote: »

"Frank had a close bond to the Seer. As a result of Franks death, The Seer now has 12 hours to live. You must crack the clue to save his life or they will perish : I am Big, but so small. Tall, but rather short. I go away when you run to me and I come back as you give up. What am I? Time is not on your side."

You are 'Big Tall'.

Or: 'Big, but so small.'

Or: 'Big, but so small. Tall, but rather short.'

...and that's if this isn't a hoax in the first place.

The wording of everything up until the clue/riddle doesn't scream to me mod-written. Then the riddle itself; Using riddles could be fresh in the mind of a player from the last game, and might seem like an easy way of sending the village on a wild goose-chase and into some disarray near lynch time.

If the message is true though and the Seer's time is very limited, who was Frank to have such a connection with and effect on the Seer? The link could manifest itself in a lovers mechanic, or a bonus for the wolves if they hit a specific village target. Neither of those possibilities are jumping out at me as likely though when I consider them. I can't imagine the Seer being that vulnerable.

For the moment, I'm leaning very much to the theory that our Seer is fine and the above quote is a message from the SK which ties into this boasting about his kills.

We know from OP that SK boasts about his kills in some way, we don't know anything about him having a bonus if he hits the right target. There could be secrets sure, but for now I'm using the OP to guide me on tonight's events. Plus, in OP the wolves were singled out as having abilities which were originally a mystery to the game. It does not include SK in those terms, so I don't think that SK will have abilities which we won't be told about. Therefore, less likely to have a bonus Seer kill, and more likely to just be 'boasting' in some way.

Heavy lean on all this being a ruse, but just in case it's not I included a few serious answers which I don't think were submitted yet.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

was jeff frank or katie?

Hi Des I feel like I missed something, can you tell me what someone said to make you think anyone could know Jeff's identity.
    only two ways u know jeff is dead, so not looking good for you :(

Obviously it was said Jeff was dead but in what context (searching on my phone) because surely only a wolf or priest would know this. Don't want to rally against our priest if they messed up though.

Personally I think Franks death was the SKs doing and it's flavor (which we weren't supposed to get) was him taunting us and wasting the village's time. That said if Sherlock suddenly drops dead in a few hours I would grow suspicious of people who were saying the same back when people were trying to answer the riddle.

Abigail WW wrote: »
    Hi Des I feel like I missed something, can you tell me what someone said to make you think anyone could know Jeff's identity.

Obviously it was said Jeff was dead but in what context (searching on my phone) because surely only a wolf or priest would know this. Don't want to rally against our priest if they messed up though.

Personally I think Franks death was the SKs doing and it's flavor (which we weren't supposed to get) was him taunting us and wasting the village's time. That said if Sherlock suddenly drops dead in a few hours I would grow suspicious of people who were saying the same back when people were trying to answer the riddle.

Sure thing, "Jeff was a wolf" past tense, as in jeff is dead.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Morning all. Afraid som rl stuff scuppered me for yesterday so I’m only catching up on a a whole lot now. On the road later this morning but should be better to be involved after that

Does mean waiting two days since Jeff apparently doesn’t get a go today. Probably have enough to put that on the long finger for later I guess

• Advertisement

Quote: WerewolfGM
    Frank WW was found dead in their hospital bed with a note found stuffed under the mattress which reads

"Frank had a close bond to the Seer. As a result of Franks death, The Seer now has 12 hours to live. You must crack the clue to save his life or they will perish : I am Big, but so small. Tall, but rather short. I go away when you run to me and I come back as you give up. What am I? Time is not on your side."

Is it a mirage?

Advertisement