Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Circle

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

It all depends on how the Influencer chat goes. Sammie has Tim eating out of the palm of her hand atm.
    I think the influencer chat is going to be very interesting to see if/how Sammie will convince Tim that Woody should be blocked. I'm really hoping Tim twigs something but I think Sammie has Tim well wrapped around his finger with the Charlie talk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Paddy's thinking is hard to figure out - he must surely realise that he personally hasn't a chance of winning, even if he somehow manages to get through to a final vote. Nothing in it for him to support the Sammie lad. Maybe he's caught up in the 'game' and deluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Martina1991

BarryD2 wrote:
    Paddy's thinking is hard to figure out - he must surely realise that he personally hasn't a chance of winning, even if he somehow manages to get through to a final vote. Nothing in it for him to support the Sammie lad. Maybe he's caught up in the 'game' and deluded.
    Every day is a bonus for Paddy. His job is social media. He's mad for fame to increase his following. He probably knows he won't win but he has a lifeline now to the final.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Just saw the Daily Drop. Tim maybe on to Sammie :eek: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Just saw the Daily Drop. Tim maybe on to Sammie :eek: :pac:

I hope he is , the drama should be good then !

• Advertisement

Maybe 'Sammie' doesn't really want to win as realises there's a real world out there that will view him with derision if he wins. So a handy way to resolve at this stage is to whip up suspicion and have himself kicked out & revealed, where he can control the narrative better? You can have a great time speculating on the psychology of this show. If it's as it is, you'd probably go a bit mad in there!

Ooh this is good , Sammie not happy his plan did not go the way he wanted haha !

Hmm, Ella’s votes will decide the next influencers I think. Fairly clear that Sammie & sidekicks will line up to vote 2 of them up and Ella & Woody to the bottom. If Ella doesn’t cop onto or rejects any plans Tim & Woody have, then she could tip the balance. Disgusted to see Tim kicking out Jan. Should have been Paddy or Woody!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Well, Tim really likes Woody and Sammie really 'likes' Paddy, so it was inevitable that poor Jan would be booted.
    I'm not too sorry, as she was a bit dull, tbh.

Really hope Sammie doesn't win this now, although I do have to grudgingly admit that James is playing a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'm probably in the minority judging by the general outrage on Twitter, but I'm rooting for Sammie or Georgina to win it all now.

Have gone right off Tim after tonight - his holier than thou attitude is completely over the top.

• Advertisement

I'm probably in the minority judging by the general outrage on Twitter, but I'm rooting for Sammie or Georgina to win it all now.

Have gone right off Tim after tonight - his holier than thou attitude is completely over the top.

I think exactly the same. Holy moly Facebook have James down as an aggressive thug :pac:

How come Tim can't accept that someone doesn't like Ella? Even Jan has said similar to him. He's so manipulative.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

Thought Sammie overplayed his hand in the blocking.
    Should’ve laid the seeds about Ella but then agree to block Jan & then go all out in the next blocking to get Ella out giving the COT a 3v2 majority & it would’ve been too late for Tim to do anything about it.

Posy wrote: »
    Well, Tim really likes Woody and Sammie really 'likes' Paddy, so it was inevitable that poor Jan would be booted.

Maybe, but at least genuine. The rest of them have all gone off the wall to varying degrees.

Yeah, he's started to look silly now for a few days. In it too long, probably expected to be ejected after first few days.
    Thought Sammie overplayed his hand in the blocking.

He did, again the length of time in there has started to tell. Believing his own publicity far too much.

Woody has been disappointing - apart from being nice to people and then talking about them behind their backs, he seems more obsessed with his own 'popularity' than anything else. Doesn't seem to care if he wins as long as he sees himself as 'popular'.

At this stage I don't particularly care for any of them to win - maybe Sammie just on the basis that he's been the biggest backstabbing liar of them all!

Wow that was some episode to watch last night!! I do agree that Sammie overpaid his hand in relation to Ella, he should have went for a more softly softly approach and planted a few seeds - Tim likes to think of himself as an intelligent man, make him think he's figured out Ella's brown-nosing himself - I don't think he took to kindly to being told something.

I've just barely glanced at the Circle group chat facebook that I'm in - I'm sensing there's a lot of hostility from viewers about Sammie and his perceived aggression. I said it to my husband a few nights ago just before the "Circle of Trust" kicked off - I was worrying a bit for Sammie's mental state. It felt to me that he was cracking up a bit being stuck in the flat on his own for so long - the way he was speaking to just himself seemed a bit hostile, it's like frustration has been pent up. I'm presuming that the participants mental health is to the forefront with the producers of the show.

I will admit it makes for interesting viewing and psychology - it's like when Big Brother started first.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »

Really hope Sammie doesn't win this now, although I do have to grudgingly admit that James is playing a great game.

"Sammie" has turned into a complete and utter panto villain at this stage. I really can't stand him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,639 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

The producers have created the whole villain/ hero thing...

When Sammie first created the 'circle of trust' and #revolution group chat the program aired with upbeat music etc then last night in the recap at the start of the they showed it again with more sinister music and a different narrative... not blaming the show producers, good vs evil is good viewing but they could have made Sammie a sort of anti-hero that the public would get behind instead... missed opportunity

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

It's hard to watch Sammie/James and his duplicity - I wanted him to win but now I think he's turned Paddy and Georgina into backstabbers. Infact I would have had Georgina to win but shes showing a nasty side now.

I think Woody is such a bright kid and he deserves it really - He is sweetness and light but he's genuine. I always liked Tim I don't think he's in it to win it though.

ETA: You can see there is some edited manipulation from the producers but that's part and parcel however that thing where they all turned around when someone is expected to visit their flat is cringe now and too rehearsed looking.

The producers have created the whole villain/ hero thing...

When Sammie first created the 'circle of trust' and #revolution group chat the program aired with upbeat music etc then last night in the recap at the start of the they showed it again with more sinister music and a different narrative... not blaming the show producers, good vs evil is good viewing but they could have made Sammie a sort of anti-hero that the public would get behind instead... missed opportunity

Except that Sammie has been at the deception game and manipulating the others from the get go - he was quick to dispose of the one original player who had doubts about him. His position is similar to, but different to 'Kate' - last year's winner. His persona is more exploitative, it's one thing pretending to be a young woman, another to be a young woman who has a little baby left behind at home. I still find it odd that no one has been able to expose him on that issue, all the discussion aired has been soft stuff about how much she misses her baby Charlie but nothing about the practicalities of being a young mother!

Sammie hasn't changed. She mellowed a bit in the middle, but now the money is insight, the old Sammie is back.

It is very much good vs evil and it does feel like it's been manipulated into that. Opinion on Georgina took a turn after she upped her game after Brook went. Sammie has turned into an Army General and Paddy is just so gullible, he's falling for everything.

So those three were set up to be the bad guys.

Then you have quirky Tom, nice Woody and bubbly Ella. All of whom have been painted as the good side

The kicker is, Tim is showing a really manipulative side. All he knows for now is that Sammie doesn't like Ella. He doesn't know James is a catfish. Tim agreed Ella was in the maybe pile. Not Paddy and not Georgina, Ella. Then when James pushed for Ella, reiterating a point that Tim himself agreed with, he sees it as Sammie gunning for Ella. He's running back, telling Woody.

In all the Influencer chats, Tim let's the other influencer do all the talking. Then when he's tested the water, he'll jump in. It's worked well so far because in doing that both influencers have been able to not rock the boat and get rid of someone obvious.

But now, when the going is tough and Sammie refused to yield, he's thrown all his dollies out of the pram. He had no clue about COT or anything, so how come he's taken this much offence to Sammie?

Also, Woody himself called it a them vs US situation. How does he know who the 'them' is? Ella was 3rd in the last ratings. It's not as if she's fallen to the bottom. Ratings have been all over the shop all series, so Where's the them vs US thing coming from?

In all the Influencer chats, Tim let's the other influencer do all the talking. Then when he's tested the water, he'll jump in. It's worked well so far because in doing that both influencers have been able to not rock the boat and get rid of someone obvious.
    I've noticed that too. He's been influencer what 7 times? He very much leads and guides the discussion as to who to block. And ultimately he seems to make the final decision on blocking regardless of who the other influencer is.
    Sammie used this to his advantage the other night to make it look like Tim got the blame for blocking Jan when he couldn't get Ella blocked.

• Advertisement

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    I've noticed that too. He's been influencer what 7 times? He very much leads and guides the discussion as to who to block. And ultimately he seems to make the final decision on blocking regardless of who the other influencer is.
    Sammie used this to his advantage the other night to make it look like Tim got the blame for blocking Jan when he couldn't get Ella blocked.

Sammie also used it to save Georgina.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Martina1991

I don't know why Tim is keeping his mouth shut about Sammie, because he promised her in the influencer chat?

He owes her nothing, and could blatantly see how hypocritical she was being to Ella in the game they played. Sammie is his competitor, and would step over him to get to the top.

If Ella rates Sammie highly, Sammie will be an influencer again and get rid of her. She will literally be the cause of her own elimination. It's like something out of Roman times.

Good TV though.

I love the love they have for their families - it's a game, exposure for some, entertainment for others etc. But they are all genuine people #brownnosing :)

I still love Tim , there , I've said it !

Thought Paddy would go there, Georgina ain’t going to be too happy when she understands who was pulling the strings! Though she’s no saint.

Can’t figure why Woody is still there. In truth he’s contributed little, except smile and look pretty.

I think Woody is my favourite, he's just so smart and tuned in to things older than his age, in the earlier episodes he said he was dyslexic and I think he's shy too and the Circle has brought him out of himself a bit. Maybe it's my maternal gene :o

Tim to win it now, I think. He is lovely though and smart too.

Sammie is kind of hot in an early Al Pacino way (If I tune out the scouser)

Georgina has ruined it for herself from a public vote perspective but I feel she will redeem herself with Tim and Woody before the end.

Paddy doesn't seem to be getting as much airtime and this won't play out well for him from a public perspective.

It was a really entertaining series, I watched last year and I didn't think a second series would work as well but it really has.

I thought Paddy was gone for sure also . Disappointed Ella is gone tbh , although I'm looking forward to seeing her on the couch with Emma , and watching her reaction when she finds out Sammie is a catfish !

I really want to know how Tim agreed to blocking Ella though .

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

If the winner is decided by the contestants how do you think it will go?

Tim: Woody will put him top, nobody else will
    Woody: Tim will put him top, nobody else will
    Sammie: Paddy will put him top, Georgina tactically may not. Tim & Woody will put him bottom.
    Georgina: Sammie will see her as a threat now & won't put her top, but may put her second (third at worst), Paddy will put her second, Tim could too
    Paddy: Can see Sammie giving him top spot, Georgina could too, tactically Tim & Woody won't have him bottom.

Is this between Georgina & Paddy to win? :eek:

If there is a public prize like last year Tim or Woody will take it easily

If the winner is decided by the contestants how do you think it will go?

Tim: Woody will put him top, nobody else will
    Woody: Tim will put him top, nobody else will
    Sammie: Paddy will put him top, Georgina tactically may not. Tim & Woody will put him bottom.
    Georgina: Sammie will see her as a threat now & won't put her top, but may put her second (third at worst), Paddy will put her second, Tim could too
    Paddy: Can see Sammie giving him top spot, Georgina could too, tactically Tim & Woody won't have him bottom.

Is this between Georgina & Paddy to win? :eek:

You could be right there, the least worst option may win. Bit like how Theresa May got elected! :)

Surprised the three last night didn't manage to distribute their votes better - guess they all put Tim at 3. Could have had two of them at the top. But maybe whilst they can discuss tactics, they can't discuss who votes for who in terms of order with others?

• Advertisement

It really is so difficult to predict what way it will go... and I guess that's human nature really, it can be hard to predict what someone else will do or say!!

I was surprised that Ella went last night, I was sure it was going to be Paddy and that Sammie was going to drop him thinking he had a stronger ally in Georgina.

I'm hoping the face to face blocking has given Georgina some humility back.

Sammie's response to Ella being blocked left a bad taste in my mouth. At first I thought he was delighted that he was in the final but no it was because his plan had worked and Ella was gone. I thought it was in really poor taste, maybe I've a short memory but Ella didn't actually do anything to him other than appear fickle about who her "bestie" is but Sammie had a pure vendetta against her. Sammie really appears to be going to town on people.

Advertisement