Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Circle

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Since the public have had a hand in the game this year, I wonder will the public have a say in who wins?

They might split it again. Last year Alex won both the Circle vote and the public vote.

I think Woody will definitely get rid of Joyce. They've grown on me but I think the meet up will be brilliant so fingers crossed. I've gone right off Tim. His reaction to his preferred egg not winning was way over the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

So disappointed in "Josh" aka Busayo. She came across as very clued in and intelligent when she came into the Circle first. But she doesn't seem to have been that well prepared, she should have had Josh's whole bio planned out. She appears to be making a lot of it up as she goes along and doesn't really come across as in character. Compared with "Jay" who was quite well prepared and researched and she was playing a real person, just not herself. I was really hoping "Josh" would make a good point about how differently she is treated as a white middle class male but it's falling a bit flat for me.

BarryD2 wrote: »
    I'd say Paddy's run out of steam - he's played all his cards, being Oirish, handicapped and gay and now reduced to saying 'f*ck this' and 'F**k that'.
    I thought this last night also. Maybe it was just down to the editing but now that he's gotten the gay disabled bit out in the open he doesn't seem to be really making much more of an impact. He strikes me as someone who thrives on other people's company and I honestly think he's a bit lonely in the flat on his own when their communication is so limited.

I had Georgina pipped to win but now I'm not so sure. She was so bubbly and nice and friendly but after Brooke visited her she changed her tune and is now quite moody and passive aggressive.

We know from watching the show who the Catfishes are. But does anyone else think that some of the "genuine" people are also playing the game a bit?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I hear you BarryD2, maybe the other contestants have helped Sammie, but he's done a hell of a lot of ground work too.

The paranoia is hilarious now. They're even suspecting poor Jan because her story about the Berlin Wall was too vague wtf.

I think Woody has gone to Joyce too. In the clip last night Beth jumped. Either it's really great editing to throw us off, or it's her door they knocked on. If Brooke had been there, I would have been in no doubt he would have knocked on her door. :pac:

The clips with Joyce are so funny... Patting themselves on the back with their great answers all the while the other person is screaming catfish at their screen :D

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    We know from watching the show who the Catfishes are. But does anyone else think that some of the "genuine" people are also playing the game a bit?

Tim for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

The paranoia is hilarious now. They're even suspecting poor Jan because her story about the Berlin Wall was too vague wtf.

I think there's more cynicism this year as they all know how it panned out in the first run. There's no real sense of alliances, even with a week to go they're all looking over their shoulders. Whereas last year, there was a stronger sense that those in first would support each other.

Woody is a wimp! Grown to dislike all of them now, bar Jan. At least she’s who she is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,639 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Paddy pretty ballsy tonight. Interesting choice of tactic.
    This year's show finally livibg up to the hype in the last few nights.

• Advertisement

I loved the ending last night. Game is on! :D

I loved the ending last night. Game is on! :D

But what can they do, they're losers. Woody lost ground last night too, portrays himself as an innocent young lad with not a bad to say about anybody, but then is plotting and spreading suspicions behind the others backs.
    Paddy pretty ballsy tonight. Interesting choice of tactic.

Again he was just attacking another person who is likely to get booted soon, so just a question of whether it's Paddy or Josh to go first?

But what can they do, they're losers. Woody lost ground last night too, portrays himself as an innocent young lad with not a bad to say about anybody, but then is plotting and spreading suspicions behind the others backs.

Agreed re Woody.

I'm hoping they can plot to assign ratings in a meaningful way. Not sure if they are allowed do that. But Sammie knows that Tim isn't going to rate her low. Be highly unlikely Ella would too. If he gets Paddy and Georgina on side that's 4 people he can rate low that won't do likewise to him.

I don't know how the game is going to play now, whether there will be influencers. If there are I think, no matter who the influencers are now, Sammie isnt going to be voted out.

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't get why "Sammie" is so annoyed with Woody over what he would do with the winnings. Did Sammie think that Woody's comments were aimed at him/her?

I think Paddy needs to be careful - he was properly getting engrossed with Sammie's rant - he could end up losing the connections he has with Ella and Georgina.

I did think many of the "rivals" were quite lick ar$ey!

Josh is a goner - they were all private chatting about him / her on last night's episode - at one point I was thinking gosh Busayo will get a bit suss if she realises that no one else is actually chatting to her!!

I'm hoping they can plot to assign ratings in a meaningful way. Not sure if they are allowed do that. But Sammie knows that Tim isn't going to rate her low. Be highly unlikely Ella would too. If he gets Paddy and Georgina on side that's 4 people he can rate low that won't do likewise to him.

Yep, Sammie has been ruthless from the start, getting rid of the one person that seemed to doubt him. Quite capable of doing as you say, build up friends but vote them down behind their backs. If he wins, fair dues to him but I think it'll be a pretty unpopular win among the other players and the public :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't get why "Sammie" is so annoyed with Woody over what he would do with the winnings. Did Sammie think that Woody's comments were aimed at him/her?

I think Paddy needs to be careful - he was properly getting engrossed with Sammie's rant - he could end up losing the connections he has with Ella and Georgina.

I did think many of the "rivals" were quite lick ar$ey!

Josh is a goner - they were all private chatting about him / her on last night's episode - at one point I was thinking gosh Busayo will get a bit suss if she realises that no one else is actually chatting to her!!

If they’re being tactical they might keep Josh in as the know he has no hope of winning.

Ella is annoying me lately, she was giving out at the start that everyone was too nice and fake yet her messages are so lick arsey now. Her goddess/momma bear/bestie stick is wearing thin.

Yeah I think it was one of those situations where James was actually being legit and felt something from his own heart about what he'd do with the money. Then woody said... Its not for me to say what I'll do with the money, but why I think Im better than... Ella I think he picked?

I think James was waiting for the aw factor but felt Woody completely trounced on it.

Yep, Sammie has been ruthless from the start, getting rid of the one person that seemed to doubt him. Quite capable of doing as you say, build up friends but vote them down behind their backs. If he wins, fair dues to him but I think it'll be a pretty unpopular win among the other players and the public :)

I kind of hope Tim is out before Sammie, so he has time to get his emotions in check :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

Getting really good now. I’m with team COT :)

Oh wow! Anyone else think Sammie is going crazy being cooped up in that flat for so long?! He seems very much consumed with his Circle of Trust.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 blue454545

Oh wow! Anyone else think Sammie is going crazy being cooped up in that flat for so long?! He seems very much consumed with his Circle of Trust.

Sammie is nasty and Paddy is easily led. I know its only a show and theres money to be won but I cant help but despair. If it goes to public vote, this COT will backfire.

Tim is so pure and refreshing. If he doesnt win, Id love to see him get a TV gig or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Surely Jan will go with both influencers fighting their corner. Its the blocking after this that'll be interesting.

I'm glad some ones shaking it up. There should be a game where everyone takes a drink when someone says 'I've got your back'. How can they make that decision in so little time! Anytime some one says it I think instant game player.

I liked Ella up until that conversation with Jan. It was a blatant attempt to get an ally rather than a friend. Momma bear. James is right. She has gone from best friends with Sammie to Woody to Georgina. Its complete brown nosing

Again I used to like Tim, but he's way too condescending. He'll regret not listening to Woody about Sammie ;). I think he believes he's playing the game, but he'll get rid of anyone #ScholarSquadGate. His wanting to meet up with Sammie at Christmas is either a really good cover at catfish hunting, or it's just downright odd.

The clever thing is, now that Sammie has Tim onside, no one will ever accuse her of tactical voting. :D

blue454545 wrote: »
    Sammie is nasty and Paddy is easily led.
    I agree. I can see Sammie dropping Paddy like a hot potato once he gets what he needs from him, ie it to make it to the final. I think Paddy will feel quite hurt when he realises what has happened.

But surely it will now dawn quickly on Tim that Sammie is not quite the 'innocent single mum missing her cute baby' persona and that she has suddenly changed in character. Presumably Tim will want to keep Woody & Ella. And it'll be immediately obvious to him that Sammie wants to keep Paddy & Georgina, in which case if he doesn't figure out what's happened, he's thicker than he seems. Getting rid of Jan will not achieve anything much for Sammie, so his cover will be blown when he starts criticising Ella or Woody.

Georgina already suspects Sammie a bit as he set up this voting pact and benefited the most. Paddy as edited is just shown as being gullible cannon fodder - the thick Irish lad. Woody has gone to being pathetic, worried about his popularity.

Jan is the only person left you'd have much respect for. I'd hope she skips through and wins some sort of combined internal and public vote but it's very unlikely.

As for the Circle of Trust, it's clearly a Pack of Lies :)

Surely Jan will go with both influencers fighting their corner. Its the blocking after this that'll be interesting.

I agree with this, Jan is a goner.
    I can see Sammie planting the seeds about Ella now but really push for it next time.

But surely it will now dawn quickly on Tim that Sammie is not quite the 'innocent single mum missing her cute baby' persona and that she has suddenly changed in character. Presumably Tim will want to keep Woody & Ella. And it'll be immediately obvious to him that Sammie wants to keep Paddy & Georgina, in which case if he doesn't figure out what's happened, he's thicker than he seems. Getting rid of Jan will not achieve anything much for Sammie, so his cover will be blown when he starts criticising Ella or Woody.

Georgina already suspects Sammie a bit as he set up this voting pact and benefited the most. Paddy as edited is just shown as being gullible cannon fodder - the thick Irish lad. Woody has gone to being pathetic, worried about his popularity.

Jan is the only person left you'd have much respect for. I'd hope she skips through and wins some sort of combined internal and public vote but it's very unlikely.

As for the Circle of Trust, it's clearly a Pack of Lies :)

Of course it is, it's a game and this is only way they have a chance they have of winning.

Ultimately i don't think it will work & Tim will take the prize, but they had to try something

Of course it's not a circle of trust. It's a circle of conniving dishonesty :D

Jan is blah and she'd have been voted out long ago if she was an OG. I haven't seen anything from her that would add any more to the game than Sy and Brooke.

Well all it needs is for Tim to figure out what's happening with Sammie and then whatever happens, go behind his back, get Georgina and/ or Paddy on his side and then shaft Sammie!

• Advertisement

It all depends on how the Influencer chat goes. Sammie has Tim eating out of the palm of her hand atm. He wouldn't let Woody say a bad thing about her.

That said, Tim is very good at reading between the lines during chats. So Sammie has to be v careful.

There's also probably a big of hang over from Sy. Tim let Sammie have her way with Sy. He has referenced it a couple of times since. Sammie has to remember this and tread gently re Ella.

Interestingly on the app Woody still had his blue tick. Is he still secret influencer?

Advertisement