Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Circle

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Alex from last year shared some behind the scenes info.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,848 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Posy wrote: »
    I didn't watch last year- how is the winner decided?
    I think the remaining people rated everyone out of 5....there were a lot of 1 stars...I'd say they might change it to a ranking from most to least favourite or something along those lines this year.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

That's a great video. Love the insight into it.

I think Brooke is gone. Ella never liked her and I would be surprised if they got rid of Joyce yet. But you never know, depends how clinical Tim is about it this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

I think Brooke is gone. Ella never liked her and I would be surprised if they got rid of Joyce yet. But you never know, depends how clinical Tim is about it this time.

Dunno, both Ella & Tim are suspicious of Joyce. But on rather dubious grounds, I doubt if many 60+ yr olds in UK know that much detail about Churchill, you'd want to be in your 90s, not your 60s - so Tim's logic is a bit off. As for expecting her to know or remember acts at a festival, that's also a bit thin. Sherry? - maybe but also quite plausible that a 60yr woman would not know what sherry is. They may keep her on basis that she's just in and unfair to judge too soon. Not even clear why she's being rated as she came in after the last blocking just like the new guy/gal. So 'Joyce' hasn't had the free pass yet. They seem to have forgotten why they're suspicious of 'Sammie'.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Is someone being blocked tonight?

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    Is someone being blocked tonight?

All set up for start this evening. They'd want to be getting a move on as I think it's due to wind up weekend after this. So they need to get rid of at least 5 characters between now & then probably?

I agree with their suspicions, they're way off. Because Joyce is a certain age there are giant assumptions being made.

Apparently tonight, the others have to offer a plea to stay to the influencers and the influencers pick one each. Don't know what that means for the rest of them?

I'm ashamed to say that the reason I know this, is because I downloaded the app and get a daily drop of clips to my phone. I need help :o

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Ooh , this is a great twist imo !
    Love the at risk people explaining why they should be saved .

In saying that , like Georgina and would like her to stay .

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Right decision made tonight I think, but I don't think things will be the same between Georgina and Tim again. :/

What will Joyce do about josh :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Paddy is part of the Instagram generation. Ok he may hold down a 9-5 job in a PR company or some other office job, but his main income would come from being one of these new celebrities around Dublin. And his USPis that he is disabled. They all are part of the same social scene as they all go along free to all these stupid marketing beauty/fashion events. And they all have mental health issues and like to talk openly and often about it. Paddy, Rob, Holly, Dosueme, Rosie, Roz, Pippa, Bressie, Eoghan, Doireann, Aoibhin. Fair play to them all they are making a lot of money but I’m not taken in my their positive preaching and urging us all to look out for each other. They are doing everything they do to put cash in their accounts.

What will Joyce do about josh :eek:

I'd say she'll play on her assumed baking skills, open a few chats with others to discuss the cakes and slip the info into the discussion.

If this carries on as is, yer man Tim is going to get the biggest land at the end. He thinks he has a good feel for all the others but has been duped like a fool by 'Sammie'.

Wasn't overly impressed by Paddy playing on his disability issues to stay in. Don't think it'll continue to have the same effect going forward and he'll be gutted when he's chucked out.

No I did t like that with Paddy either. I can understand he doesn't want his disability to be the first thing people see, but why does he then throw it in as a reason to stay in the competition?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Hmmmm, he already went viral years ago!

So who will get voted in by the public as the next executioner? Assuming that is, that the producers go by the public vote. In theory the result should be close to who the public think should win at this stage, so I'd go for Woody or Georgina. But maybe Tim will get the gig again.

I think Tim. If it ends up being Joyce, we'll definitely know there's something fishy going on and the public votes are irrelevant. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Personally, I'd like to see Sammie/James get it. He's grown on me a lot over the past week, and maybe not necessarily who I'd like to see win the whole thing, but he's definitely up there.

Personally, I'd like to see Sammie/James get it. He's grown on me a lot over the past week, and maybe not necessarily who I'd like to see win the whole thing, but he's definitely up there.

I wouldn't mind if Sammie won. I think he's played a really great game and been honest to the cameras about the fact that he's playing a game too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I've been enjoying this. I think Tim is excellent and Woody is an intelligent young guy whom I'd say may have the public behind him, but like the others here I think Sammie (James) is playing it so well and I think him being a catfish will hit Tim the hardest - if he's voted to block someone to their face it will be the best twist.

Dunno, seems he’s justifying his manipulative strategy because his own mother was a single mother. But that seems a bit weak and self serving. What’s next, someone pretending to be a war veteran?

• Advertisement

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Dunno, seems he’s justifying his manipulative strategy because his own mother was a single mother. But that seems a bit weak and self serving. What’s next, someone pretending to be a war veteran?

It doesn't matter, that's the point of the game. As long as you rate highly, go for it!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,289 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Have been playing catch up with this all week, overall I think this series has been excellent and almost as good as the first. The show is a brilliant concept and I hope it continues to grow.

Was surprised and a bit disappointed in Tim for blocking Brooke the last night, I doubt if he'll be influencer any more. Very surprising that Ella has managed to become such a big player in the game, although I do hope she has a bit of a fall from grace. Rooting for Georgina or Woody to win, both genuinely lovely people, although I can't say I'd begrudge Sammie/James doing it either, he's playing a brilliant game! Really looking forward to the reception James will get from the others when the truth gets out, I don't think they'll be happy.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,289 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Also, that was a great video from Alex of last year, the whole experience sounds a lot more intense and difficult than I thought it would be.

It doesn't matter, that's the point of the game. As long as you rate highly, go for it!

Yes but how far can you take it? Could some able bodied person credibly play someone like Paddy with a handicap? Or pretend say to be a survivor of abuse, just to garner votes?

Also, that was a great video from Alex of last year, the whole experience sounds a lot more intense and difficult than I thought it would be.

Notice though that there were some questions he said he couldn’t answer due to contract. Maybe like how long it was filmed over or what happens Saturdays?

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Yes but how far can you take it? Could some able bodied person credibly play someone like Paddy with a handicap? Or pretend say to be a survivor of abuse, just to garner votes?

Catfishing is Catfishing at the end of the day. You don't know who you're talking to online or how truthful they're being with you. This is what the game kind of highlights.

Maybe there are rules so that, for TV purposes, you can only go so far with it

I don't mind Catfishing in the game, as long as they're honest to the camera. For example James is obviously playing someone else to get sympathy votes. But between messaging he clearly makes it known he's paying a game and he's there to win and take out the competition.

I think Tim is playing a similar game in there, but is playing it like he's riddled with guilt, which personally I don't buy.

It's just light hearted TV at the end of the day with the Catfishing adding a nice bit of cat and mouse.

Catfishing is Catfishing at the end of the day. You don't know who you're talking to online or how truthful they're being with you. This is what the game kind of highlights.

Maybe there are rules so that, for TV purposes, you can only go so far with it

I don't mind Catfishing in the game, as long as they're honest to the camera. For example James is obviously playing someone else to get sympathy votes. But between messaging he clearly makes it known he's paying a game and he's there to win and take out the competition.

I think Tim is playing a similar game in there, but is playing it like he's riddled with guilt, which personally I don't buy.

It's just light hearted TV at the end of the day with the Catfishing adding a nice bit of cat and mouse.

Ah yes I agree, it's basically trash tv, maybe a little cut above some of the other trashy reality TV shows. Still there is a difference between Sammie's persona this year and that of Kate's last year. Last year yer man Alex was simply playing as his girlfriend, deceived Dan etc. This Sammie is also playing on the persona that she's a young single mum and separated from her little Charlie, which is a degree more manipulative. How the others haven't rumbled Sammie is a fault in how they've selected the other players as none so far bar late entrant Jan would have much of a clue about having a baby. Tim can catch people on their knowledge of building or history but wouldn't know a nappy from a baby bottle. So James has been getting away with vague soft answers about missing little Charlie. If Jan was there longer, she'd be asking him about what nappy rash creams Sammie uses or did she bottle or breast feed etc. The sort of questions the other catfish get.

I'd say Paddy's run out of steam - he's played all his cards, being Oirish, handicapped and gay and now reduced to saying 'f*ck this' and 'F**k that'.

Not surprised that Woody won a public vote and the fact that he did win probably means it was a genuine vote. That's basically the public saying who they want to win. Who will Woody choose to kick out? Don't think he would have the guts to kick out people he seems to have got on well with. So probably will try and live up to his 'catfish catcher' persona and go for Joyce or Josh. If he's seen through Sammie, maybe him as he might regard Sammie as a threat too and kill two birds with one stone.

I don't think I'd ask another person whether they breast or bottle fed and I'm a parent. James' ability to carry on is down to a bit of luck, but more than that I think. Emelle was on to him and had suspicions. It just happened that James was influencer that week and he got rid of her. James then went on a mission of building connections between people. He's completely won Tim over, knowing that Tim is a great ally to have. It didn't just happen that they all believe him. James has played a cracking game.

Woody has suspicions about Sammie, but he's half afraid to voice them and even when he did Tim completely shot down the suggestion.

He has his bible of lies which got him to where he is.

Take Josh, she's an appalling catfish. Unlike Joyce, who have had no time to prepare, she knew going in that she was going to play someone else. She's going on a wing and a prayer that the photos will carry her through. The flirting with Jan last night made me want to puke. Not as an age thing, but it's like she thinks Jan is a desperate older woman who will fall for anything. She didn't even try to get to know her, just bam... Straight in with the cheese puke fest

I don't think I'd ask another person whether they breast or bottle fed and I'm a parent. James' ability to carry on is down to a bit of luck, but more than that I think. Emelle was on to him and had suspicions. It just happened that James was influencer that week and he got rid of her. James then went on a mission of building connections between people. He's completely won Tim over, knowing that Tim is a great ally to have. It didn't just happen that they all believe him. James has played a cracking game.

Woody has suspicions about Sammie, but he's half afraid to voice them and even when he did Tim completely shot down the suggestion.

He has his bible of lies which got him to where he is.

Take Josh, she's an appalling catfish. Unlike Joyce, who have had no time to prepare, she knew going in that she was going to play someone else. She's going on a wing and a prayer that the photos will carry her through. The flirting with Jan last night made me want to puke. Not as an age thing, but it's like she thinks Jan is a desperate older woman who will fall for anything. She didn't even try to get to know her, just bam... Straight in with the cheese puke fest

Well yes, maybe not directly about feeding choices but you know the sort of questions I mean that are related to minding a baby. My point is that none of the other contestants bar Jan now have been equipped to ask him about this. Agree re Josh, that hasn't worked for the producers. I see Josh, Joyce, Jan and Paddy all going , then Ella or Sammie. Leaving Georgina, Woody, Tim and Ella or Sammie to the final, with Georgina or Woody to win!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Josh is a terrible catfish. Has no plan or backstory whatsoever. Ha she not seen the show.

I think Woody has blocked Joyce. He's too nice to be ruthless.
    it's Josh, Paddy and Jan after that I'd say.

Since the public have had a hand in the game this year, I wonder will the public have a say in who wins?

Advertisement