Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW6 Transfers

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,555 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Kiith wrote: »
    I can't do a straight Mendy - Alonso swap, and with Pedro possibly out and not liking Hart as my main keeper, i might use my wildcard this week (only have one FT), after my **** up with it last week. 6 changes in total.

Hart
    Robertson - Trippier - Holebas
    Mane - Silva - Hazard - Pedro
    ----Mitro - Aguero - Wilson---

Mendy, Boruc, Billing, Peltier on the bench

to

Ederson
    -Alonso - Robertson - Walker-
    Moura - Hazard - Mane - Fraser
    --Mitro - Aguero - Wilson---

Boruc - WBA - Billing - Holebas on the bench

Don't think that needs wildcarding. Have you enough to do Peltier to AWB?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Grand, i''ll hold onto it so and maybe just swap Pedro.
    Don't think that needs wildcarding. Have you enough to do Peltier to AWB?

I would, but only if i didn't swap Pedro. I could take a hit for that, but i'm not sure he'd start.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭hupskip

Mendy and Miky to:

A) Alonso and Maddison
    or
    B) Dilva and Laporte

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

hupskip wrote: »
    Mendy and Miky to:

A) Alonso and Maddison
    or
    B) Dilva and Laporte

A) for me. Laporte could be rotated and Alonso is almost essential. I like Maddison too.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭hupskip

A) for me. Laporte could be rotated and Alonso is almost essential. I like Maddison too.

Cheers, was leaning towards that myself, will leave me with more cash ITB too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Considering Pedro to Maddison.
    But is it worth a -4?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

+1.

Tbh, the Laporte argument is probably irrelevant. Just go for the one with Alonso. :pac: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Just did Mendy and Auba to Smalling and Lukaku.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Considering Pedro to Maddison.
    But is it worth a -4?

I did it earlier. Half regretting it but long term I'm happy.

Pedro looks like starting every 2nd game and while he might still get points from the bench I just can't be dealing with that every week.

Maddison on the other hand looks nailed on at the moment and has a very nice run of fixtures until December

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

mdwexford wrote: »
    Just did Mendy and Auba to Smalling and Lukaku.

Was actually looking at Smalling as my Mendy replacement. Looks to be the only nailed on defender at Utd. Threat on set pieces, scored last week and we seen many times before defenders go through a hot streak in front of goal. He ain’t to bad on the old bps either when Utd keep cleanies

• Advertisement

I am sick of Pedro and his minutes. Replacement needed.

I’m on Ramsey at the moment. Nice fixtures and nice differential.

Fraser could be a nice earner but I’d mostly be buying him to protect my decent start as so many own him.

I currently have no Arsenal or Bournemouth players.

So Ramsey or Fraser ?

Edit - probably should have said it’ll be for my first -4 of the season but I’m getting rid of Pedro

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I am sick of Pedro and his minutes. Replacement needed.

I’m on Ramsey at the moment. Nice fixtures and nice differential.

Fraser could be a nice earner but I’d mostly be buying him to protect my decent start as so many own him.

I currently have no Arsenal or Bournemouth players.

So Ramsey or Fraser ?

Edit - probably should have said it’ll be for my first -4 of the season but I’m getting rid of Pedro

As someone who just did Pedro to Ramsey for -4, you know my answer. Arsenal's next 4 fixtures are superb. Ramsey has scored 6 in his last 4 against Everton, including a hatrick in the corresponding fixture last season. But it could all go up in smoke. You know what you're getting in to when you buy Aaron Ramsey

manual_man wrote: »
    As someone who just did Pedro to Ramsey for -4, you know my answer. Arsenal's next 4 fixtures are superb. Ramsey has scored 6 in his last 4 against Everton, including a hatrick in the corresponding fixture last season. But it could all go up in smoke. You know what you're getting in to when you buy Aaron Ramsey

Yeah. Those fixtures. And the fact he seems to be resting himself for the league. One eye on a big Bosman probably.

It also means I can try and get Giroud as my Chelsea player rather than Lacazette as my Arsenal player.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭kweeveen86

With a heavy heart, I finally pulled the trigger on Hazard in for Salah. Mendy's injury paved the way for VVD seeing as I was one Liverpool player down. (Already have Robertson).

Get ready for a hat-trick and two assists for everyone's favourite Egyptian tomorrow! ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Mentioned earlier by someone was bellerin, so decided to bring him in instead of Mendy. Was going to do tripper but bellerin could be a nice one to have if arsenal can manage to pull off some Cs (probably unlikely on form) but worth a risk

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think you're on to a good idea there. I've decided to do the same. Hope it works out for us!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭macraignil

Just sold Walcott for Hojbjerg to generate funds primarily for improvements elsewhere. Was going to go Neves to Eriksen using the 4.9mill itb. But any other suggestions would be much appreciated. Currently on:
    Ederson, (Begovic),
    Mendy, Alonso, Robertson, Pereira, Wan Bissaka,
    Hazard, Mane, Hojbjerg, Fraser, Neves,
    Aguero, Wilson, Ings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Hamer Foster
    Mendy AWB Rico Robertson Bennet
    Salah Dilva Pedro Hazard Hojberg
    Ings Kun Mitro

With Ings not playing And Bennet and Hojbergs unkind fixtures I think I need to move on Menday and Pedro.
    Was looking at Ricky and Shaw and another option is Bellerin and Ricky or third option is Ramsey and Shaw I’ve 12.8 to spend so all suggestions welcome please lads. It will be for a -4

• Registered Users Posts: 16,653 ✭✭✭✭dahat

At some stage yesterday I did Mendy to Shaw for a - 4, odd cos I really can't remember confirming it!!!

dahat wrote: »
    At some stage yesterday I did Mendy to Shaw for a - 4, odd cos I really can't remember confirming it!!!

Were you drinking yesterday ?

Because if not that’s the stuff of nightmares.

I’m always tinkering with transfers. Always. If that ever happened to me it would ruin all that tinkering fun.

• Advertisement

Were you drinking yesterday ?

Because if not that’s the stuff of nightmares.

I’m always tinkering with transfers. Always. If that ever happened to me it would ruin all that tinkering fun.

Nope, no beer for me.

I was watching Ozark while tinkering and must have confirmed it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

dahat wrote: »
    Nope, no beer for me.

I was watching Ozark while tinkering and must have confirmed it then.

Maybe you were just trying to clean your money in the bank and figured if you bought Shaw it’d be your blue cat lodge! No one would suspect anything.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Maybe you were just trying to clean your money in the bank and figured if you bought Shaw it’d be your blue cat lodge! No one would suspect anything.

I should have stashed it in caskets instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,381 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I really don't want to sell Mendy for one GW and then go to the hassle of bringing him back in. ****ing pain in the hole this is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Is it worth selling mendy for a - 4? My subs are Westwood, Stephens and peltier so looking at 2 points max if mendy doesn't play. And the same again next week if he's still out. Reports are conflicting but I'm worried this could drag on with mendy and he misses a few games.

I'm considering Pereira from Leicester for - 4 but trying to figure out if it's worth a hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Thanks for this.

I couldn't bring myself to look at my team all week because I knew I'd a shocker last time out after playing my wildcard.

Log in this morning to 2 reds and 2 yellows in my starting team. Luckily I did strengthen my bench so I can field a decent team with Pedro 75% chance to play.

I've already played my free transfer but now seriously considering Ramsey for a -4 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭Redo91

Got rid of Mendy in the end for Shaw. Figured I’ll be taking a maximum of .1 of a hit which I already have in the bank. Last minute went Patricio (who I brought in earlier in the week) to Ederson as I didn’t like the idea of having a Wolves goalkeeper and Doherty. Will downgrade Ederson to get Mendy back when the time comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Is Walcott + PEA -> Ramsey + Lukaku for -8 completely insane? Or...

I could also just do Lukaku in for -4.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Johny Cage

iroced wrote: »
    Is Walcott + PEA -> Ramsey + Lukaku for -8 completely insane? Or...

I could also just do Lukaku in for -4.

I wouldn’t sell Pea this week. Rambo has 9 points in 5 games also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Shedite27 wrote: »
    As the resident West Ham fan......

WH have a pretty decent record V Chelsea. Local derby so usually a bit of bite. Over the past 3 seasons:
    3 West Ham wins
    2 Chelsea wins
    2 draws

West Ham changed formation last Sunday, moving from 3 at the back and 2 in midfield to 2 at the back and 3 in midfield. Looked a lot more solid.

Hazard has blanked in 5 of 11 gmes V West Ham, scoring 4 goals in those games
    Obvious blank :p

Advertisement