Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW6 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

It's quite likely that I'll be proven wrong but going on past seasons I believe that myself and others have "missed the boat" as non-Hazard owners.

In all likelihood his next 3-4 scores will be 3, 2, 5 or similar. This is what he does. It's all about having him at the right time or keeping him all season.

High probability that people tearing up their teams to get him in this week will do the same in 3 weeks to get Salah back/Kane in.

Again I'm happy to be proven wrong but I'm being stubborn and not getting him in on the back of a haul.

I think Hazzard is more then likely to have one of his good season as he seems to like the manager and the systemt, like his 16/17 14/15 season could even be better considering the manager doesn't think he should do any defensive work unlike Jose or Conte.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

It's quite likely that I'll be proven wrong but going on past seasons I believe that myself and others have "missed the boat" as non-Hazard owners.

In all likelihood his next 3-4 scores will be 3, 2, 5 or similar. This is what he does. It's all about having him at the right time or keeping him all season.

High probability that people tearing up their teams to get him in this week will do the same in 3 weeks to get Salah back/Kane in.

Again I'm happy to be proven wrong but I'm being stubborn and not getting him in on the back of a haul.

I think you are probably correct to be honest.

One of the best things about getting him in last week is I've now had his haul. I don't need to take hits to get him in for his run of 3 pointers :pac:

I think Hazzard is more then likely to have one of his good season as he seems to like the manager and the systemt, like his 16/17 14/15 season could even be better considering the manager doesn't think he should do any defensive work unlike Jose or Conte.

You could well be correct and he does seem rejuvenated under Sarri. However, he is a pragmatic character and when Chelsea's backs are against the wall he tends to go into a bit of a sulk. Time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

MOTD analysis of Hazard and the interview after were spot on. Brimming with confidence runnign at defenders, shooting and getting lucky. should have passed to Giroud in a better position for first goal, lucky it went through defenders legs. shot again and got the second, looked an og but given a goal because it was looking on target. again players in better position. hard to mark him and west ham are brutal at the back so think he could be captain material again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Considering this triple move for -4:

Salah to Mané, Walcott to Ramsey, and Kamara to Mitrovic

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Call me crazy, slight damage limitation, but its a possible solution until I use that WC, for a 4pt hit.

Ryan Hamer
    Azpilicueta Schindler PVA BellerDaniels
    Salah Gudmundsson McArthur Pogba Walcott
    Firmino Lukaku Ings

Pogba to Hazard
    Walcott to Ricky
    Firmino to Mitrovic

Plan was to always get Ricky back, Salah is a season keeper for me, Firmino is the switch that could hurt me though.

Thoughts?

I'd keep Firmino and do Salah to Hazard and Pogba to Mane

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

Do you guyes this this it would be worth a -8 to do:

Salah>Mane
    Mhikitaryan>Richarlison
    Tosun> Lukaku

• Registered Users Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Brought Lucas Moura in for Mkhi before he rose in price, also needed to get Mkhi out as he was bad morale for the coach and players around him.

Any threat Poch will leave him out this weekend barring injury, would Son, Alli, Eriksen move him out?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Walcott to either David Silva or Maddison.

I’m leaning towards Maddison as he’s less likely to be rotated, has better fixtures, is on all set pieces and no European midweek games to worry about.

The remaining money would allow me to sort out my bench in the coming weeks too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭Invincible

manual_man wrote: »
    Considering this triple move for -4:

Salah to Mané, Walcott to Ramsey, and Kamara to Mitrovic

Can't see the Ramsey worth, but the others look grand, surely you'll have cash to spare after selling Salah!

Do you guyes this this it would be worth a -8 to do:

Salah>Mane
    Mhikitaryan>Richarlison
    Tosun> Lukaku

Not before midweek games.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Paully D wrote: »
    Walcott to either David Silva or Maddison.

I’m leaning towards Maddison as he’s less likely to be rotated, has better fixtures, is on all set pieces and no European midweek games to worry about.

The remaining money would allow me to sort out my bench in the coming weeks too.

i'd be surprised if Silva isn't nailed for at least the next 3.

without KDB, he has a lot more responsibility further up the field. also, he won't be rotated next weekend as the League Cup will be happening midweek where players will be rested. and i can't imagine he won't then play the next game. then he'll definitely play GW8 against Liverpool.

I really like the look of Maddison. Thinking about ditching Moura but he's also in form. Have Kane as Spurs cover.

Could give it a week but have 2fts

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

Thinking Salah -> Mane and Hojberg -> Fraser for a minus 4. Allows me to keep Ings.

That gives me the following

Ryan, (Button)
    Alonso, Mendy, Wan B, (Doherty), (Bennett)
    Mane, DSilva, Hazard, Maddison, Fraser
    Wilson, Kun. (Ings)

Won't be doing anything until after the midweek games and the injury status of Mendy and Kun is clearer.

Invincible wrote: »
    Can't see the Ramsey worth, but the others look grand, surely you'll have cash to spare after selling Salah!

Ramsey is probably due some returns. Next 4 fixtures look good Arsenal could score a lot.

manual_man wrote: »
    Ramsey is probably due some returns. Next 4 fixtures look good Arsenal could score a lot.

I get ya, but he's not the Ramsey of couple of seasons ago, could hit form, we'll see :-)

may bank.

if Mendy's injury is serious in any way, i'll probably get Trippier in as a bit of Spurs cover.

but 2 FTs would be handy next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'm doing the same. Had a horror season a few years back switching between himself and Sanchez and continually missing each others hauls.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I really like the look of Maddison. Thinking about ditching Moura but he's also in form. Have Kane as Spurs cover.

I have Moura, kinda want Kane tbh but don't want both. I think Moura to Maddison is a nice switch tbh.

If Aguero is doubtful I'll be going to Kane and downgrading Moura.

• Advertisement

Invincible wrote: »
    I get ya, but he's not the Ramsey of couple of seasons ago, could hit form, we'll see :-)

It's always a dance with the devil when you get Aaron Ramsey in

this may be famous last words, but I don't think Kane is that essential currently.

yes, he's always liable to get a decent score on any given week. but right now, unless there's a change, he's not at his explosive best. he's not getting shots off (shots per game stats are way down), and he doesn't pass the eye test at all.

the Utd mini-haul was a strange one. he wasn't great at all, but managed a good header from a set piece, and then one of those shíttiest of shít assists where the goalscorer did all the work.

if you didn't have the previous 3 years of evidence, you wouldn't go near him long term, even over Ings. we're just assuming he'll explode.

i'm very comfortable waiting to see him at least play well for a game or 2 before ripping up my team for him.

SlickRic wrote: »
    this may be famous last words, but I don't think Kane is that essential currently.

yes, he's always liable to get a decent score on any given week. but right now, unless there's a change, he's not at his explosive best. he's not getting shots off (shots per game stats are way down), and he doesn't pass the eye test at all.

the Utd mini-haul was a strange one. he wasn't great at all, but managed a good header from a set piece, and then one of those shiest of shassists where the goalscorer did all the work.

if you didn't have the previous 3 years of evidence, you wouldn't go near him long term, even over Ings. we're just assuming he'll explode.

i'm very comfortable waiting to see him at least play well for a game or 2 before ripping up my team for him.

I think he will outscore Ings this week :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Cant see why anyone would sell salah this week. He is the best captain option. I can see why people may have sold him last week and on wildcard and can also see why you may sell him next week but i just think it makes absolutely no sense this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,509 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I have money in the bank to do Silva to Hazard for free. Almost feel guilty not doing it. But SlickRic reminds me why I have him. While KDB is out I think they kind of need him in midfield. Can't imagine a City with neither of them starting being as good. He can get a rest when KDB returns.
    Cant see why anyone would sell salah this week. He is the best captain option. I can see why people may have sold him last week and on wildcard and can also see why you may sell him next week but i just think it makes absolutely no sense this week.

Yeah makes no sense. It's the ultimate last chance game with two tougher fixtures after it. Even I'll have a itchy trigger figure if he not just blanks against Southampton, who just demonstrated their defensive ability against a Grossless Brighton, but also has average stats and I see reports here or elsewhere of him showing frustration or exasperation on the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭macraignil

elefant wrote: »
    macraignil wrote: »
    Walcott out and Hojbjerg in.

Don't do this.
    Too late now. Transfer completed leaving 4.9mill to upgrade team elsewhere. Thinking Neves out for Eriksen with free transfer next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I wouldnt be getting rid of Moura any time soon. He will hold his place in the Spurs team and they have nice fixtures coming up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭elefant

macraignil wrote: »
    Too late now. Transfer completed leaving 4.9mill to upgrade team elsewhere. Thinking Neves out for Eriksen with free transfer next week.

Fair enough if you're just bringing in the cheapest player possible to save up.

Chesty08 wrote: »
    I wouldnt be getting rid of Moura any time soon. He will hold his place in the Spurs team and they have nice fixtures coming up

Not so sure when you have Moura Eriksen Alli Son and even Lamela for 3 places

In the bigger games it could be 2 spots as Poch played Dembele Winks and Dier in a Midfield 3 behind against Liverpool on Saturday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Not so sure when you have Moura Eriksen Alli Son and even Lamela for 3 places

In the bigger games it could be 2 spots as Poch played Dembele Winks and Dier in a Midfield 3 behind against Liverpool on Saturday

Dele was injured which is why Winks played is my guess.

Advertisement