Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Watch Series 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Mine has shipped, still says the 24th though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

blink44 wrote: »
    I only remembered that the other day, made me feel a bit better forking out the extra. Iv no doubt I would have smashed my series 0 by now in work if I had the ion x glass.

Just logged into my account and see mine has been dispatched, happy days

FYI: Ion x is more shatter resistant than sapphire. Sapphire is much more scratch resistant.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Kagawa wrote: »

You wont know till tomorrow morning, if your lucky it will be on the truck for delivery if not it will still be in transit.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

Mine still processing with delivery between the 3rd & 10th Oct )-: I think Apple where very surprised by the demand for the watch series 4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Just got the text from DHL with expected delivery for tomorrow :D Glad it’s them, UPS have been bad with deliveries for me lately.

• Advertisement

DubDJ wrote: »
    Just got the text from DHL with expected delivery for tomorrow :D Glad it’s them, UPS have been bad with deliveries for me lately.

Me too, DHL and mine has moved up to tomorrow, it’s being delivered to work so I hope it gets here before 2 because I’m finished at 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

I went on to order and it said it would not be shipped until mid october? is that normal, then it just ships sooner?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I ordered about 8.20am.
    Delayed by inability to choose what strap I wanted.

Herselves one is dues 26th - 1st (gold with pink sport loop)
    Mine is due 5th Oct (Nike space grey with black sport loop)

Still processing on App Store app.
    Money not taken from card yet.

Kceire let me know if your order changes mine is for delivery between 3-10th Oct

martin_g wrote: »
    Kceire let me know if your order changes mine is for delivery between 3-10th Oct

Will do.

• Advertisement

Me too, DHL and mine has moved up to tomorrow, it’s being delivered to work so I hope it gets here before 2 because I’m finished at 2.

Just noticed that on apple.ie it still says 24th but the text i got from DHL says by close of business tomorrow, anyone else have the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭ffocused

For anyone looking to buy one tomorrow Harvey Norman is worth a shot.

I have just checked their website & it is showing as in stock in most stores outside Dublin for collection tomorrow but it cannot be reserved online until 9.30 in the morning.

ffocused wrote: »
    For anyone looking to buy one tomorrow Harvey Norman is worth a shot.

I have just checked their website & it is showing as in stock in most stores outside Dublin for collection tomorrow but it cannot be reserved online until 9.30 in the morning.

I’m preying DID get them online or in stock tomorrow as I have a 10% voucher. I’ll order and cancel my Apple order then!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

My estimated delivery has changed from the 25th to tomorrow

phutyle wrote: »
    My estimated delivery has changed from the 25th to tomorrow

Me too :)

The reviews for the new watch seem to be almost universally positive this year, with most saying it was the biggest thing they’d announced at the event. Getting hyped up even more for the watch now.

Also, I know iOS has been praised for how much faster and stable it is, but since I updated my Series 1 to the new watchOS it’s so much better too. Whole interface is a lot smoother, I’d get regular jumpy animations and dropped frames as well as a second or two for things to react sometimes. Makes me properly excited to see how much better Series 4 will be running the same update. :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

The reviews for the new watch seem to be almost universally positive this year, with most saying it was the biggest thing they’d announced at the event. Getting hyped up even more for the watch now.

Also, I know iOS has been praised for how much faster and stable it is, but since I updated my Series 1 to the new watchOS it’s so much better too. Whole interface is a lot smoother, I’d get regular jumpy animations and dropped frames as well as a second or two for things to react sometimes. Makes me properly excited to see how much better Series 4 will be running the same update. :D

Same thing i've basically picked up from the reviews.

I'm going to have to stay soo strong not to buy one today as i pass Harvey Norman, i can gave 70 bucks if i just wait until i hit orlando in 6 weeks! :)

eeloe wrote: »
    Same thing i've basically picked up from the reviews.

I'm going to have to stay soo strong not to buy one today as i pass Harvey Norman, i can gave 70 bucks if i just wait until i hit orlando in 6 weeks! :)
    It’s going to be even worse when they start arriving and people are posting about them. I always hate missing launch day for stuff, it’s part of the whole buying experience. :D

Just updated to ‘with delivery courier’. DHL have usually delivered early to me in the past so hoping it’s the same today.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 SteveD92

Is anyone trying to get one online from Harvey Norman this morning? Do you just go on their site at 9.30 am and they will go on sale?

• Advertisement

Standard one is now preparing for dispatch.

Nike one still says processing and due 5th October.

kceire wrote: »

Thanks I am still processing )-: Mine is 44 Silver

Just took delivery of my series 4 :D
    E3098_ADF_F33_C_490_A_B140_8_EE80_C20_D072.jpg

Just took delivery of my series 4 :D
    E3098_ADF_F33_C_490_A_B140_8_EE80_C20_D072.jpg

Nice Dub Congrats well Jealous of you all

Nice Dub Congrats well Jealous of you all
    I know your pain, been there :D The positive is Apple usually delivery before the date the give you. Plus you might snag one earlier in a local store.

As posted in the earlier video, packaging changed. With two separate boxes wrapped with a cardboard sleeve.
    A163_DB2_C_D6_A0_4_B66_95_C1_49_B624_B4_C32_D.jpg

The little pouch for the watch is a nice touch.
    CF8_EA76_A_FBB6_49_BF_9_EAD_526959_BADBD3.jpg

And this is something new that I haven’t seen before, the power brick included has collapsible pins. Spring loaded as well so the spring in and out. Really cool.
    9_F56_EB7_F_57_B6_42_F7_ADB6_2_FADDEAC0373.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

kceire wrote: »

It was reported that the Nike one was going to be a little delayed post launch day.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

The Nike one is only being released on Oct 5th

As posted in the earlier video, packaging changed. With two separate boxes wrapped with a cardboard sleeve.
    CF8_EA76_A_FBB6_49_BF_9_EAD_526959_BADBD3.jpg

The little pouch for the watch is a nice touch.
    A163_DB2_C_D6_A0_4_B66_95_C1_49_B624_B4_C32_D.jpg

And this is something new that I haven’t seen before, the power brick included has collapsible pins. Spring loaded as well so the spring in and out. Really cool.

Savage Pics Dub ur not cheering me up here LOL... ðŸ‘ðŸ»

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

A friend got a Series 3 and she got the collapsible power brick with it and it’s definitely pretty cool. I would have loved one with my Series 3, but I ended up getting mine from the US so obviously got the US adaptor :( (but I did save a big chunk of cash :D)

Advertisement