Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Watch Series 4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

829euro for an aluminium apple watch....are they smoking drugs?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

phutyle wrote: »
    I was going to say that none of their stores show them as in stock, so maybe it was a mistake, but Liffey Valley actually claims to have one

2018-09-18_1727.png

that's a series 3...no issues with stock with last years model.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,941 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

eeloe wrote: »
    829euro for an aluminium apple watch....are they smoking drugs?

I only see the Stainless Steel LTE one for 829 :confused:

2018-09-18_1733.png

eeloe wrote: »
    that's a series 3...no issues with stock with last years model.

Yes, but it's the Stainless Steel cellular version. Apple don't sell it here themselves.

• Administrators Posts: 53,468 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Even if you got the watch it is pointless without a carrier that supports it.

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »

No interest in it myself, but there's some people people (even some on this thread, regarding the S4) who want the SS version over the alu one. And the SS case only comes with the cellular version.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭wolfi

awec wrote: »

For me it’s a pointless to get aluminium AW, as I feel like I wearing cheep toy comparing to SS.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭AidenL

wolfi wrote: »
    Anybody order SS LTE from UK with parcelmotel?
    My order is still show as processing. Hopefully apple will not cancel it.

I did too, Preparing also.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭blink44

AidenL wrote: »
    I did too, Preparing also.

Few of us in the same boat, once ya go SS there’s no going back, as much as it hurts the wallet it’s worth it

blink44 wrote: »
    Few of us in the same boat, once ya go SS there’s no going back, as much as it hurts the wallet it’s worth it

Yep, I like the stainless. I have the link strap, and saddle brown leather, both are a great combo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Apple just took the money off my card, still saying delivers 24th though, hoping it might change to Friday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭wolfi

Kagawa wrote: »
    Apple just took the money off my card, still saying delivers 24th though, hoping it might change to Friday!!
    Irish or UK apple store?

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

wolfi wrote: »
    Irish or UK apple store?

Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

Will CompuB have these in stock on Friday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

They’ll start shipping in the next 24 hours. Keep you eye on the status page for “preparing for dispatch” as it can just change quickly and ship in a few hours.

Btw, for those with Monday deliveries instead of Friday, I think that sometimes is down to location. E.g. Dublin and bigger cities will be given the Friday date and more rural areas the Monday as they wanna make sure they don’t overpromose in case they can’t make the delivery.

They usually all ship in the same batch but just might not make it in time. So hold out hope for the Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

God help us with the 2-3 week delivery time :D

Hopefully it's a bit sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

God help us with the 2-3 week delivery time :D

Hopefully it's a bit sooner.
    It usually is, but usually only a few days early at most. You could always try pick one up in a local store before the date as well, and just cancel if you manage to find what you want.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

DubDJ wrote: »
    They’ll start shipping in the next 24 hours. Keep you eye on the status page for “preparing for dispatch” as it can just change quickly and ship in a few hours.

My phones and watch are preparing for dispatch since last Friday!

Ditto, but my date's the 25th (Irish store).

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Dubliniensis

phutyle wrote: »
    Ditto, but my date's the 25th (Irish store).

Ordered Series 4 watch at 8.14am last Friday from the Irish store to a Dublin address. Delivery 26th Sept to 1st Oct. Still says it's processing and no money taken from card yet.

Hopeful for Friday but looks unlikely!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

s8n wrote: »
    Will CompuB have these in stock on Friday ?

I would say so spoke to them in iConnect and they said they will have them.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

Ordered Series 4 watch at 8.14am last Friday from the Irish store to a Dublin address. Delivery 26th Sept to 1st Oct. Still says it's processing and no money taken from card yet.

Hopeful for Friday but looks unlikely!

Ordered at 08:13 and got the 25th for phone and 3-10 Oct for watch, Phone preparing for dispatch since last Friday while Watch processing

Just watched ijustine unbox the gold stainless steel, disappointed they changed the packaging, seems the strap is in a separate box. I loved the original square box with the fancy plastic case inside. Although realistically it’s all about what’s inside the box and not the packaging

Same here this morning, UK store though.

Friday delivery to Parcel Motel, so not with me till Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

good luck with that lot.

Shn99 wrote: »
    good luck with that lot.

I meant Parcel Wizard! My mistake!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Same here this morning, UK store though.

You might get it Saturday.
    When the 7 was launched, I bought 2 from the UK store. Delivered to Parcel Motel on the Friday in Belfast and with me in Charlestown PM depot on the Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭finno

My apple watch is now showing dispatched :) for delivery tomorrow

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

Another key design issue to point out on the SS version, you also get the benefit of Sapphire glass which is more scratch resistant than Ion X glass which is on all the other models. This is the same as Series 3.

• Advertisement

ADSLUSER wrote: »
    Another key design issue to point out on the SS version, you also get the benefit of Sapphire glass which is more scratch resistant than Ion X glass which is on all the other models. This is the same as Series 3.

I only remembered that the other day, made me feel a bit better forking out the extra. Iv no doubt I would have smashed my series 0 by now in work if I had the ion x glass.

Just logged into my account and see mine has been dispatched, happy days

Advertisement