Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Timed finesse shots are the single worst thing FIFA have ever implemented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

wong wrote: »

I have experienced worse in fut over the years but it definitely made the game so boring.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    I've tried timed finesse once... hated it as it took the fun out of it...

I'd rather just bum rush eith my four front ment and smash shots at goal to be honest more craic ha

giphy.gif

If something is broken (which everyone knew it was), then you make hay when the sun shines. Enjoy it, abuse it, whatever.

But you also should know that something "broken" will always be fixed eventually. Especially in games with such huge "competitive" tourneys that are weekly.

I felt every weekend, more and more games were just people spamming long finesse shots. I had people who would dribble OUT of the box so they could launch those shots in. But if your game revolved around a single "broken" mechanic, then it's on you for not preparing for it to be fixed.

Having played games like WoW, Overwatch, online games where tweeks, nerfs and balances are weekly rather than bi-annual, maybe its a case of having a higher tolerance to gameplay changing and removing abused mechanics. If anything, it's a mark against Fifa that the balance wasn't worked on quicker.

You, sir, are forgetting the Great Kick Off Wars of 2016 :P

Lord TSC wrote: »

Yes that was bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

jayo26 wrote: »
    Surely I'm not the only one sitting here smiling reading complaints about times finishing not working???? :)

Get this update to Xbox asap :) I've no problems using timed finishing but ruined the game it just turned it into who can get the most shots on goal per game, there is no build up or team work needed just get your cam in position to shoot from about 20 yards and you score a goal.

Love it love it love it!!!!
    I'm happy they are gone I remember someone posted they created a skill gap which I didn't believe because if one patch can take away your skills at a game and leave you at the same level as us peasants then it's not a skill gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,421 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

The kick off glitch has been around since fifa originally launched.
    I remember playing fifa 93 on ps2 i think and you could score from the half way line at kickoff. It was a guaranteed goal. Used to drive me nuts when my mate used to do it to me.
    So EA will never fix it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

That's more a bug and ****ty game design as opposed to an actual gameplay mechanic though.

That's more a bug and ****ty game design as opposed to an actual gameplay mechanic though.

Crossing and heading back 2013 or there about a was abused no end on ultimate team. I remember corners were like penalties if you had hummels and boateng in defence and a few tall midfielders and forwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Winning more games now than ever. Rage quit central. Back up to division 2 after relegating myself last week and will be doing it again today.

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »
    Winning more games now than ever. Rage quit central. Back up to division 2 after relegating myself last week and will be doing it again today.

I find I’m winning them by a bigger margin as well.
    People are so used to timed finesse they seem to forget how to play other ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Will definitely get on for a game later on so :) fúck timed finesse

Does players coming off the bench only have 5 chemistry???? Never noticed this before but never really looked or thought of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Does players coming off the bench only have 5 chemistry???? Never noticed this before but never really looked or thought of it.

Yeah just 5 chem

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Yeah just 5 chem

I don't bother reading forums and stuff so never noticed this before haha. That's crazy and makes no sense ha Lozano must be crazy good on 10 chemistry so :)

Redzer7 wrote:
    Will definitely get on for a game later on so fúck timed finesse

You don't have the update. Pc only for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Lordy would that Modric be appreciated.

I don't bother reading forums and stuff so never noticed this before haha. That's crazy and makes no sense ha Lozano must be crazy good on 10 chemistry so :)

I think they go to 7 chem if your team chem is 100.

They don't. It's 5 regardless, according to a post by one of the EA community managers someplace near the start of the game.

Much better to start the players you want to use.

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    I think they go to 7 chem if your team chem is 100.

Nope stay on 5 pal hahah i bet ypu all my subs will suddenly feel crap now that I know this :):):)

Nope stay on 5 pal hahah i bet ypu all my subs will suddenly feel crap now that I know this :):):)

Shows how much of the game is psychological :P

Shows how much of the game is psychological :P

Yep totally chemistry by all means only helps with the chemistry style cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Did the premier league SBC at the start of the week and saved the packs for the TOTW. Just opened them there and have got Future star Militao, 86 rated Nakata, a few low rated TOTW players and Kyle Walker . I think I've used up all my pack luck.

nevelator wrote: »
    Did the premier league SBC at the start of the week and saved the packs for the TOTW. Just opened them there and have got Future star Militao, 86 rated Nakata, a few low rated TOTW players and Kyle Walker . I think I've used up all my pack luck.

Very nice.

That militao looks excellent he would make a decent cdm on 7 chem too.

I’m screwed anyway, the only 2 who might get into my team are Mbappe and Cavanni. The rest are trash

I’m screwed anyway, the only 2 who might get into my team are Mbappe and Cavanni. The rest are trash

We don't care!!!!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

There was some surprise exclusions, sane scored and assisted.
    And in the same game Danilo played left back and scored, clean sheet and man of the match.
    Prem really needs a good left back so either Danilo IF left back or sane SIF could’ve easily been added.

• Advertisement

We don't care!!!!!! ;)

I know ye don’t ‘sniffs’

A good icon will sort me out :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement