Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 228 SUN. SEP. 9, 2018 WOODLEY VS. TILL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

another really weak card tbh. main fight is awesome of course but card is not worth staying up for imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

head to bed after the prelims myself, reckon I'll have seen the
    best of it by then

if there's a couple of good fights on the main card it'll be as much and two at a stretch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Not me, in for the long haul as I want to see Till live
    ****boils the kettle***

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭monty_python

Is it the usual 5/6 am for the till fight??

I wasn't aware montano was stripped of her title

• Advertisement

Is it the usual 5/6 am for the till fight??

Yes.

mailburner wrote: »
    I wasn't aware montano was stripped of her title

I think she deserved to be stripped, Valentina hinted at there being much more to the story in the background, even went so far as to say this was intentional, i.e, missing the fight.

What's your take?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Amazingfun wrote: »
    I think she deserved to be stripped, Valentina hinted at there being much more to the story in the background, even went so far as to say this was intentional, i.e, missing the fight.

What's your take?
    She replied to someone on Twitter with this "Thank you. I’m doing good. Just keeping an eye on how my kidneys are feeling hour by hour. My sodium level has returned to normal levels so now it’s just a matter of paying attention to any change. Docs said if I had waited any longer I could’ve potentially gone into cardiac arrest because my electrolyte imbalance was so extreme, so it was a good thing the UFC docs had me go to the hospital."

https://twitter.com/aaronbronsteter/status/1038466785224392706/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1038466785224392706%7Ctwgr%5E373939313b636f6e74726f6c&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bjpenn.com%2Fmma-news%2Fnicco-montano%2Fformer-ufc-flyweight-champion-nicco-montano-shares-an-update-on-her-medical-condition%2F

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

It was the UFC doctors who made the decision to send her to the a&e so they obviously saw something they thought was bad enough to warrant that. If that's true about her kidneys then she should be striped and made to move up in weight.

Amazingfun wrote: »

What's your take?

she deserved to be stripped, delayed the fight twice already and now pulled out.
    I think there'll little doubt she didn't want to be there

• Advertisement

Card is starting now :D I haven't got to stay up for a card in a long time, so I'll be up all night for this

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Will be staying up for this one as usual. Looking forward to seeing Zabit fight, has the potential to be holding the belt if he stays on track. Hopefully Till can get the job done, Woodley is a beast amd has all the tools there but just goes for the safe win and makes boring fights. Id rather see Till in an exciting fight defending the belt any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭tinpib

Entertaining first round from the women. Think I'll hit the hay after this and catch the rest in the morning. Have Woodley on pts but will be cheering on Till, hope he does it.

edit: very good women's fight there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Great fight. Total respect for both of those ladies.

Might be the best female fight I've seen, WOW.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

That was fight number 38 out of 48 fights this year for the Women that has gone the distance

Awesome fight though!

Wow. Its early days, but this card has started well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Delighted for Jim Miller, and as above great start to the card!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

Guys I have BT sports on but no UFC, anyone with the same issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

11214 wrote:

It's starting at 1am

• Advertisement

11214 wrote: »

Its fightpass prelims. I think it starts on BT at 1PM, I am not sure though because I am watching on a stream.

would make my night to see diego and jim win on the same night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

Sound, I was going by the listings.
    All calm now.

Back on topic I want a Woodley win but finding it hard not to see Till winning.

this is what diego should have been doing for years...his bread and butter

not sure if this will go three now

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

White is an average regional fighter.

I have no idea at all why they bothered calling him up even on short notice against Magny, nor why they then gave him a shot against a big (albeit finished) name.

One of the UFC’s strangest signings.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

How embarrassing

so happy for diego...such a long time since he used those tactics and how good he is doing it

mailburner wrote: »
    would make my night to see diego and jim win on the same night

:D I love it!

Boom. Great finish.

• Advertisement

72% v 28% in favour of Woodley here
    Thought it would be closer than that

Advertisement