Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asking someone out on the street

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

rusty cole wrote: »
    if a census taker stops you on the street and you find them attractive, chances are you'll stop or at least slow down. If they're not attractive to you then you'll casually keep walking. So what have we learned???? on looks alone, if he's interested or attracted to you, he'll stop or you'll at least know by his reaction. if he seems smiley and attentive, it's official, he'll DO YOU!! That's why shops hire hot staff, to get the opposite sex in the door!! once in, hey, they may even spend and that's half the battle.

what happens after is down to compatibility , chemistry, simpatico etc etc…

But first you need to stop him, if you really want to know.

Climb him like a tree??really?? I'd keep that stuff to myself!
    It's a line from the film Bridesmaids so I'd say it's meant jokingly.

Is it really that bad though? Far more vulgar things get said about women here. Check out the thread about the private school lads having sex with prostitutes in Zambia.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lonewolf1961

women fought for equal rights . now they have equal rights . get up the courage and just ask the guy out . if you want something in life you have to ask for it . climb that tree .:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Do it and do it quick, he could be working his notice and totally change his routine and direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

what happens after is down to compatibility , chemistry, simpatico etc etc…

Climb him like a tree??really?? I'd keep that stuff to myself!

Jeez... Shut up, she's only getting going!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Just walk up to him and introduce yourself "hi, I'd like to introduce myself, im your new girlfriend!"

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mackmatic

There is a couple of things you need to realise here:

1. Stop being a coward and just ask him.

2. You are gonna have to update this thread regardless of outcome

3. We need pics to verify you really are "gorgeous"

Best of luck

Mackmatic wrote: »
    There is a couple of things you need to realise here:

1. Stop being a coward and just ask him.

2. You are gonna have to update this thread regardless of outcome

3. We need pics to verify you really are "gorgeous"

Best of luck
    Yeah best of luck .

It's a line from the film Bridesmaids so I'd say it's meant jokingly.

Is it really that bad though? Far more vulgar things get said about women here. Check out the thread about the private school lads having sex with prostitutes in Zambia.

I know I saw the film, its grand I just meant tone it down with that stuff til you get a few drinks in..
    then ask I'm if he wants a bang of your gee in the mouth! never fails!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

OP where are you? I hope he didn't turn out to be an irish Fritzl.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

You could put your phone on the ground a little before you pass him, act like you lost something as he pass's, if he has any decency he'll ask if everything is ok, tell him you're just after misplacing your phone and would he mind calling it, give him your number then retrieve your phone, thank him and wait for him to call again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,849 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I new a girl who worked in this coffee shop a long time back she was a cracker so one day i asked her out and she said yeah why not . if your not in you can,t win .. God loves a trier .....:)  HOPE I SPELLED ALL THAT RIGHT !

When I was younger we had a friend who was a milkman. If we were in a club he would simply walk up to a girl, ask for a shag & get a slap. We would disown him but then we realised that he was getting more sex than the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Discodog wrote: »
    I new a girl who worked in this coffee shop a long time back she was a cracker so one day i asked her out and she said yeah why not . if your not in you can,t win .. God loves a trier .....:)  HOPE I SPELLED ALL THAT RIGHT !

When I was younger we had a friend who was a milkman.  If we were in a club he would simply walk up to a girl, ask for a shag & get a slap.  We would disown him but then we realised that he was getting more sex than the rest of us.
    Sounds like he leaving cream all over.

You could put your phone on the ground a little before you pass him, act like you lost something as he pass's, if he has any decency he'll ask if everything is ok, tell him you're just after misplacing your phone and would he mind calling it, give him your number then retrieve your phone, thank him and wait for him to call again!

that or he'll think you're off your meds!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

What's with all the passiveness amongst Irish women on here? Ye are all about your Independence and equality with men nowadays so why not step up to the plate that men have always historically done and actually put yourselves out there instead of still leaving it all up to men with these stupid subtle games and gestures. Why should she wait for him to call when at that stage she'll already have his number too and could simply send a text? It's so easy. This is why foreign women are so alluring to Irish men nowadays, there's none of these stupid games and they're actually straightforward with showing interest

Discodog wrote: »
    When I was younger we had a friend who was a milkman. If we were in a club he would simply walk up to a girl, ask for a shag & get a slap. We would disown him but then we realised that he was getting more sex than the rest of us.

I love when a guy that has every reason not to be, but is confident af, a guy can go from 0-10!

Arrival wrote: »
    What's with all the passiveness amongst Irish women on here? Ye are all about your Independence and equality with men nowadays so why not step up to the plate that men have always historically done and actually put yourselves out there instead of still leaving it all up to men with these stupid subtle games and gestures. Why should she wait for him to call when at that stage she'll already have his number too and could simply send a text? It's so easy. This is why foreign women are so alluring to Irish men nowadays, there's none of these stupid games and they're actually straightforward with showing interest

Personally I just wouldn't have the courage to do that.. but If I wanted something bad enough I'd find a way

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

OP where are you? I hope he didn't turn out to be an irish Fritzl.

she's probably in the basement as we speak :eek:

help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fryup wrote: »
    she's probably in the basement as we speak :eek:

help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    original?width=630&version=2281948
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Bigus

Just say to him tickle your arse with a feather, and when he says whah, say particularly nasty weather, and take it from there.

https://youtu.be/-N9xKImBgnY

www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4p_3scB_8c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Well? @OP

Its been a whole week. Did you take any of these excellent suggestions?
    We are nothing if not helpful, you've got to admit.

Did you try any of them? Any action? I want to hear the outcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Arrival wrote: »

Because it is much more attractive in a women to be modest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

We are all still awaiting the outcome of someone in a similar situation last year

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057714355

So if anything does happen we would like to be updated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

OP probably started a conversation and the voice that came out of him made her run a mile. Some bogger cork high pitched "how's it going like hey"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

OP probably started a conversation and the voice that came out of him made her run a mile. Some bogger cork high pitched "how's it going like hey"

Sigh... I suppose I'm going to have to be the one to post it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Relikk wrote: »
    Sigh... I suppose I'm going to have to be the one to post it now.

Haha. I knew there was something like that but i couldnt find it.

We are all still awaiting the outcome of someone in a similar situation last year

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057714355

So if anything does happen we would like to be updated :)
    They all bottle it in the end :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

Any word?

Advertisement