Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asking someone out on the street

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

blueser wrote: »
    Come on OP; out with it. Have you defiled this object of your desires, or what?
    Maybe she is on a date with him as we speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I wouldn't bother OP.

I know the lad you're on about...he's a tosser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Process for asking members of the opposite sex out:

(1) Girl asks guy out on date, if he fancies her and is single he will kindly accept her offer, if not he will not. Either was she is immediately labelled a "slut".

(2) Guy asks girl out on a date, if she fancies him and is single she may accept his offer, if she does not fancy him he is immediately labeled a "creep".

Simple
    It does cut both ways, unfortunately.

• Site Banned Posts: 386 ✭✭Jimmy.

Dunnes Stores on a Friday was a great place to get a woman one time.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lonewolf1961

Just ask him if he would like to go for a drink ...... women want equal rights . be a man go for it .:)

• Advertisement

Just ask him if he would like to go for a drink ...... women want equal rights . be a man go for it .:)
    That is one part of equality that women don't want, it can be bleedin terrifying :P
    In the old days a lady would 'accidentally' drop her handkerchief in front of the man, maybe the op should go retro :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Offer him a blowie.

He'll marry you afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Definitely high five. If I were him I'd think that was very coo introl! If he doesn't then guess he's not for you!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Any mildly attractive female can approach a male in the street no problem.

Males, no matter how good looking they think they are or know they are, should not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

doylefe wrote: »
    Any mildly attractive female can approach a male in the street no problem.

Males, no matter how good looking they think they are or know they are, should not.
    Nonsense, I've gone on several dates from women I have met on the street, in a shop, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Process for asking members of the opposite sex out:

(1) Girl asks guy out on date, if he fancies her and is single he will kindly accept her offer.

(2) Guy asks girl out on a date, if she fancies him and is single she may accept his offer, if she does not fancy him he is immediately labeled a "creep".

Simple
    Girl asks guy on date - if he doesn't fancy her he declines, then goes back to his buddies to have a laugh about the "munter" who asked him out.

Girl asks guy out, the guy doesn't fancy her but wants a shag, and she'll do.

(Of course this isn't always the case - probably rare - but in the spirit of PistolsAtDawn's approach).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Good morning.

I would absolutely ask him out but I would write him a note.

Good morning. I know we pass every day and I think you are very cute.

Here's my number if you want to ask me out. xxx-xxx-xxxx

Then the next time you are passing him, stop him, lean in and tell him "Sorry, I think you might have dropped this. Put hte note in his hand. Then give him a peck on the cheek and walk away"

If that doesnt work the world is flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

(I'm pretty damn gorgeous)

Sorry, I'll be needing photographic evidence of this!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Pause in the street to get out your wallet and "accidentally" drop a twenty-euro note (or the whole wallet) in his path. Of course he will pick it up and hand it back. Thank him warmly, mention that you've seen him before, Smile! ...beg to buy him a coffee at least. Easy.

PS if he doesn't pick it up he is a louser, forget him.
    PPS if he doesn't respond to your delighted gratitude, he's not your type, forget him.

Sorted. You're welcome.

Good morning.

I would absolutely ask him out but I would write him a note.

Good morning. I know we pass every day and I think you are very cute.

Here's my number if you want to ask me out. xxx-xxx-xxxx

Then the next time you are passing him, stop him, lean in and tell him "Sorry, I think you might have dropped this. Put hte note in his hand. Then give him a peck on the cheek and walk away"

Don't forget he might be spoken for. If his partner found the note or saw/heard about the kiss they might go mad at him and the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Tbh, its just nice to see a woman prepared to ask a lad out (or to let him unambiguously know she's interested). Go for it OP!

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Tbh, its just nice to see a woman prepared to ask a lad out (or to let him unambiguously know she's interested). Go for it OP!
    tbh I think if she was really serious about asking him out she would have done it already, not went and started a thread about it to try and gee herself up, the longer you leave something like this and the more you think about it, the less likely it is that you will do it... but prove me wrong OP, prove me wrong ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Woah woah woah. Let’s not go nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Some reaaaallllllyyyyy weird suggestions in this thread. I think too many people here fancy themselves as Rom Com writers when in fact they'd be better suited to the serial killer/thriller genre.

You asked for our advice !!!!!! now you think we are all serial killer,s . jesus you have a complex problem . even for you to ask people on the net what should i do . have you no balls and just ask him out for a drink . Game Over .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

You asked for our advice !!!!!! now you think we are all serial killer,s . jesus you have a complex problem . even for you to ask people on the net what should i do . have you no balls and just ask him out for a drink . Game Over .
    I'm not the OP....

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Fair play for even considering making a move, I see guys every day and think if only I had the courage to speak to them, usually their too busy on their phones to even notice me!.. There was this guy I used to always meet on my way to work who would be coming from getting a coffee across the street, I used to think about walking into him and making him drop that coffee, then as a apology bringing one to where he worked with my number on it.. that never happened!

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    I'm not the OP....
    my mistake . sorry . :sleeping:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Thoroughly enjoying OP's posting style.

Have you tried walking past him whilst holding up a sign with, "Got Dick?", written on it?

Girls this day and age .. make me laugh i was in a club years back with a mate of mine never even noticed this girl . she just walk straight up to me started a conversation from there on in we were a couple . life is all about up,s and down,s . just ask him out if he say,s no well you tried . if he say,s yes well your in there . happy days .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Girls this day and age .. make me laugh i was in a club years back with a mate of mine never even noticed this girl . she just walk straight up to me started a conversation from there on in we were a couple . life is all about up,s and down,s . just ask him out if he say,s no well you tried . if he say,s yes well your in there . happy days .

Reminds me of the girls I used to see hanging outside the lads jacks in night clubs, waiting to pounce on some fella. :D Hanging around chippy vans late at night was another one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Don't you mean happy day,s?

doylefe wrote: »

Don't you mean happy day,s?
    who cares how it spelled she in there . happy days . game over :)

if a census taker stops you on the street and you find them attractive, chances are you'll stop or at least slow down. If they're not attractive to you then you'll casually keep walking. So what have we learned???? on looks alone, if he's interested or attracted to you, he'll stop or you'll at least know by his reaction. if he seems smiley and attentive, it's official, he'll DO YOU!! That's why shops hire hot staff, to get the opposite sex in the door!! once in, hey, they may even spend and that's half the battle.

what happens after is down to compatibility , chemistry, simpatico etc etc…

But first you need to stop him, if you really want to know.

Climb him like a tree??really?? I'd keep that stuff to myself!

• Advertisement

I new a girl who worked in this coffee shop a long time back she was a cracker so one day i asked her out and she said yeah why not . if your not in you can,t win .. God loves a trier .....:)  HOPE I SPELLED ALL THAT RIGHT !

Advertisement