Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Radio reporting they sold out in 15 minutes. Ridiculous considering not a single act announced. FR now have very little motivation to ensure the lineup is top notch

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

And they're off. Tickets onsale on donedeal for inflated prices. €325 each for 4 tickets, €400 each, a few selling 2 for €850.

Won't link as I wouldn't want to give them the time of day. It's so blatant. I wonder when the new law banning touting is coming in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Synode wrote: »
    Radio reporting they sold out in 15 minutes. Ridiculous considering not a single act announced. FR now have very little motivation to ensure the lineup is top notch

The headliners and a lot of teir 2 will have been booked well before this.
    We seem to get the same argument every year and yet it somehow always turns out to be a great weekend.

Poorside wrote: »
    The headliners and a lot of teir 2 will have been booked well before this.
    We seem to get the same argument every year and yet it somehow always turns out to be a great weekend.

The lineup last year was very weak. One of the main reasons I ended up selling my ticket. I'll be selling again if it's the same this year.

Think I'm getting too old for the festival

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

This year's tickets sell off the strength of last year's lineup and the goodwill they have built up over 14 years.

So if they decide to go for a cash grab cheap lineup, they might struggle to sell out straight away next year!

Besides, even with big names like Kendrick Lamar etc last year, they still made over €1m profit. So I would fully expect them to still splash out on the lineup.

• Advertisement

The lineup last year was very weak. One of the main reasons I ended up selling my ticket. I'll be selling again if it's the same this year.

I didn't care for the headliners that much last year either, but for you and me that is personal preference. The market is showing that last year's lineup was incredibly popular. It makes me feel old and out of touch!

I didn't care for the headliners that much last year either, but for you and me that is personal preference. The market is showing that last year's lineup was incredibly popular. It makes me feel old and out of touch!

Yeah think this year if I do go will be my last. The lineup has been getting progressively worse each year imo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

last year the demand on the sites like toutless was the biggest i've ever seen, right up until the few days before festival if anyone posted a ticket they'd have 20 responses

And that's without the full line up announced :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Major acts already booked. And the motivation to sell out as quickly next year is what ensures a good line-up.

I wonder when the new law banning touting is coming in?

Will be interesting to see if it includes sites allowing people to advertise the tickets over face value?
    They should fine a site for allowing tickets to be advertised over face value.
    That would stop it very quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Hozier announced two gigs in late June Cork 25th and Belfast 27th, no Dublin gig yet. Spare date inbetween for DUB?

Announced by EP.
    Please note a limited number of tickets will made available to customers of Three customers through its dedicated reward system. Details to be announced.”

• Registered Users Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

showpony1 wrote: »
    Booked my Pink moon but not my ticket, I'm sure will find one nearer the time.

dude! again? seriously?

Snarky Snark Snark

Think I'm getting too old for the festival

I will be 47 when attending next year, had a ball this year.

If i get too old for it then shoot me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Think I'm getting too old for the festival[/QUOTE]

Will be 53 next year and looking forward to several more years of EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Children - I'll be 55 next year at EP - never too old for Rock'n'Roll - but lucky enough to afford a Festihut in Pink Moon - far toooooo old for camping - I like my little luxuries :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭fourmations

bloody geriatics hanging around our festival.
    smelling musty and moaning about their piles
    and there's no bands as old as them playing....
    stay home and have a sherry and listen to radio 4!!

p.s. ill be 46! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

It will surely only be a matter of time before the following year's festival will sell out before the current year's festival.. :P

Anyone know what the capacity is? Must be the quickest it's sold out in years..

Eod100 wrote: »
    It will surely only be a matter of time before the following year's festival will sell out before the current year's festival.. :P

Anyone know what the capacity is? Must be the quickest it's sold out in years..

Supposed to be 57,500 next year:

https://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/electric-picnic-2018-festival-organisers-13184113

Not clear if all tickets were sold now. They might have kept a few 000 back

Snarky Snark Snark

p.s. ill be 46! ;)

It's not the piles that are the problem, it's the bruised knackers, you see, as you age, the happy bag gets looser and looser so by the time you hit a certain maturity, your jewelery bag ends up swinging back and forth in the wind like a deflated windsock and you have to put talc on the insides of the knees to avoid friction burns from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭fourmations

It's not the piles that are the problem, it's the bruised knackers, you see, as you age, the happy bag gets looser and looser so by the time you hit a certain maturity, your jewelery bag ends up swinging back and forth in the wind like a deflated windsock and you have to put talc on the insides of the knees to avoid friction burns from it.

lmao, "happy bag"

i'm sure youv'e heard ricky gervais'
    thoughts on "pendulous testicles"
    being the most disconcerting thing of aging!

https://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/electric-picnic-2018-festival-organisers-13184113

Could be waiting to get licence for extra and sold out on previous capacity? EP are saying it's sold out, but yeah wouldn't be surprised is some tickets go on sale between now and then

Snarky Snark Snark

lmao, "happy bag"

i'm sure youv'e heard ricky gervais'
    thoughts on "pendulous testicles"
    being the most disconcerting thing of aging!

No but how will be be disconcerting when I can clear a space at gigs by doing the "helicopter"

3YAzGSc.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

They've kept back some for the Three fan sale that happens each year (stated it in the presser). You'd imagine there'll be a few more appear over the coming months but it might be small amounts rather than a big batch.

I don't recall any major release of tickets after the initial sell out in previous years, but am open to being corrected. Typically, it is 'production' tickets and those that are left over after payment fails etc.

It's mad that any festival can sell out on reputation alone 9 months in advance TBH but this country seems as concert-mad as ever. It seems that almost everything that goes on sale these days sells out quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Ireland's national disease used to be alcoholism, now its FOMO.

Ireland's national disease used to be alcoholism, now its FOMO.

With no line up out there's definitely a bit of that! Could be people with more money too. And there's no real direct competitor of equal size to EP in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭thebusher

Judes wrote: »
    Children - I'll be 55 next year at EP - never too old for Rock'n'Roll - but lucky enough to afford a Festihut in Pink Moon - far toooooo old for camping - I like my little luxuries :p

50 next year. Tickets got as well as tickets for our first ever Glastonbury.

Age only a number!

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

thebusher wrote: »
    Surprise surprise I got a mail saying ATN is back on sale this morning lol.

Hate to say I told you so...

Are you paid by FR or something

You need to take a day off fella

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

I forgot they were on sale. I'll pick one up nearer the time if need be but think I'll try ATN instead. Line up will dictate what I do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Seathrun66 wrote: »

Think I'm getting too old for the festival[/QUOTE]

Will be 53 next year and looking forward to several more years of EP.
    Judes wrote: »

p.s. ill be 46! ;)
    thebusher wrote: »
    50 next year. Tickets got as well as tickets for our first ever Glastonbury.

Age only a number!

It's like a Men's Shed in here. We should get a speaker in on how to turn your castaway milk cartons into a handy pipe holder. Or something. I'm 48. Go on the oul lads.

Advertisement