Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    ATN is 20k this year, up from 15k last year. The intent is there to surpass EP and the latter realise that. Hence the timing of the last Picnic announcement this year on the first day of ATN. And the ticket sales pre-Xmas to get a jump on ATN. They are a direct competitor, EP is worried and has acted accordingly to try to kill them off early. They're clearly aware that in another recession two such festivals won't survive and they're ruthlessly do all they can to make EP continue.

I dunno. I dont get why it has to be billed as a direct competition. B&S is a more established festival and EP work with them. Maybe its the whole John Reynolds being pushed out thing but even if the intention of ATN is to compete with EP, EP dont have anything to worry about judging by comparative ticket sales.

IMO, ATN are competing with Indiependence, Castlepalloza and Beatyard. Theyre all on at the same weekend. ATN may want to compete with EP, but its only in the way that Bournemouth want to compete with City (did I do a football reference correctly?)

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭thebusher

Im not making any comparison between the quality of the respective festivals, I'll probanly go to ATN or B&S next year as I cant go to EP, and it would be great if ATN could be a serious competitor to EP in years to come, but...

....ATN is 12,500 tickets and hasnt sold out after 3 months. EP is 57,500 tickets this year and will sell out straight away.

So suggesting that Festival Republic are changing it up out of fear of ATN is a bit like suggesting that the Czar of Russia changed his plans when he realised that the Skibbereen Eagle had its eye on him.

I live very local to ATN and capacity is going up hugely this year. Still not at EP level but certainly in that direction. Last year betwern 12k and 15k. This year is heading for an extra 8000. That in itself could be viewed as a sizeable chunk of floating voters for EP to miss out on. They have a ten year license to build on also.

EP getting in first. Sell out without naming a band then 'who fckin cares' what ATN do or have?'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I dunno. I dont get why it has to be billed as a direct competition. B&S is a more established festival and EP work with them. Maybe its the whole John Reynolds being pushed out thing but even if the intention of ATN is to compete with EP, EP dont have anything to worry about judging by comparative ticket sales.

IMO, ATN are competing with Indiependence, Castlepalloza and Beatyard. Theyre all on at the same weekend. ATN may want to compete with EP, but its only in the way that Bournemouth want to compete with City (did I do a football reference correctly?)

As Oxegen didn't have anything to worry about with EP in 2005/2006 when they first became a two day then 3 day fest? It was 70k versus 20k then. ATN has the space to expand and fully intends to do so. They're competing for the same acts, sponsors and punters as EP. I'd personally love to see ATN thrive but I don't see them lasting beyond 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

As Oxegen didn't have anything to worry about with EP in 2005/2006 when they first became a two day then 3 day fest? It was 70k versus 20k then. ATN has the space to expand and fully intends to do so. They're competing for the same acts, sponsors and punters as EP. I'd personally love to see ATN thrive but I don't see them lasting beyond 2019.

Why so?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

It depends what Beatyard announces, apparently an announcement from them is imminent and they scooped loads of potential ATN acts last year.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

thebusher wrote: »
    I live very local to ATN and capacity is going up hugely this year. Still not at EP level but certainly in that direction. Last year betwern 12k and 15k. This year is heading for an extra 8000. That in itself could be viewed as a sizeable chunk of floating voters for EP to miss out on. They have a ten year license to build on also.

EP getting in first. Sell out without naming a band then 'who fckin cares' what ATN do or have?'

I think the increased capacity could put people off. ATN cant compete on lineup so have to entice people by providing a boutique experience

Oxygen had many problems whereas EP are still providing a great festival experience. But again my point can be put this way: why are people saying EP is worried about ATN when its not worried about Indiependence, Castlepalloza, body and soul etc? Is it purely because of the John Reynolds thing, or the fact that ATN seems ambitious to expand?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Why so?

ATN are competing with EP for customers, sponsors and acts. And I believe they'll lose out in all areas. Losing John Reynolds a huge blow and the financial problems of sister festival Bestival means the joint booking of acts an issue. Acts like London Grammar, First Aid Kit & Plan B remain unpaid by the latter festival so they'll have huge issues securing artists for 2019. I'd love to see both EP and ATN thrive but I fear the latter will not survive.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

ATN has a few USPs EP doesn’t - over 21s and roaming booze. Also unlikely to book Post Malone or The 1975 (who I suspect will play EP)

For that reason alone I’ve already booked my ATN ticket - of course all that could change

I had a Beatyard ticket last year so the notion of it ‘stealing acts’ and the crowd doesnt wash with me - I sold the tickets eventually (took a couple of weeks to axtualily)

ATN will continue on the path it has set off on beyond 2019.

The demand is there for both although EP is certainly looking for the older crowd too - they have an ad on newstalk that has the tone of selling a romantic weekend away for two in Carton House..bizarre. JR would roll in his grave if he heard it

Absolutely no desire to go to EP - it destroyed a lot of what was fantastic about it in my mind long ago - but hey I know 80k revellers can’t all be wrong - just not for me anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

It seems unlikely that Beatyard will be around forever. Sooner or later that site will be coming back into proper commercial use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Anyone know if instalment tickets are still an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,587 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Anyone know if instalment tickets are still an option?

Don't think so seeing as how the last instalment is due to be paid in the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

After buying 2 tickets just there by mistake, only meant to buy 1 but an error came up the first time my order was processing. Didn't seem to be as much hassle as getting the early bird tickets in September!

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Kepler21

I can't get any tickets this morning. Are they all gone already?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,592 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Easiest tickets I've ever bought in my life.
    9.01 receiving email to confirm.
    Maybe I dreamt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭sadie9

Seems to be Sold Out at 9.07am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Don't think so seeing as how the last instalment is due to be paid in the next few days.

Just seen them say there’s no instalments this time some nightmare. There was always an option for this. 3days notice just b4 Christmas to get a €256 ticket is a bit of a joke

Keep trying. Try with 1 maybe I just got one available.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Kepler21

Forget my last post. I got tickets from the mobile app. My browser session is still showing none available. The mobile was also, but the umpteenth time of refresh seemed to work. Happy and relieved.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭homosapien91

tickets secured :) can finally read this thread and post without fear of missing out, delighted with life

• Advertisement

Guys, single tickets are appearing for Sale. I just searched again for ONE ticket and got availability.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,011 ✭✭✭Genghis

Ah, B****ocks.

Went on at 9am. Seen message saying tickets available in 1hr. Checked a few mins later, said 57 mins. Went away and logged on again at 10:00. Obviously all gone.

Gutted.

Must be some stupid setting on my work computer (routes via Germany, 9:00 = 10:00am).

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Hey All - keep trying.

I'm at work - so my nephew got on line and got our tickets - he said it took 4 mins for transaction so completed by 09.04. But a friend didn't get a chance to get on line then and so she kept getting tickets not available.

My nephew then tried for her - and got the same notification re. tickets not available - but he kept trying and got her ticket about 10 mins ago - so keep trying.

And best of luck.

I'm now a happy bunny - got Festihut booked a few months ago - and now have my ticket so finally I can start dreaming about the 2019 line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

For anyone who's disappointed this morning, don't fret about it and don't blow money paying over the face value on other sites.

Every year regular as clockwork there will be face value tickets on toutless and the likes.

ATN tickets on sale this morning now also :-)

Hate to say I told you so...

Surprise surprise I got a mail saying ATN is back on sale this morning lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Sold out already. Madness, when you think about it the tickets were only on sale for a couple of hours this year as the earlybirds sold out in probably 3 or 4 hours in September and then todays sold out in an hour as well.

For anyone who's disappointed this morning, don't fret about it and don't blow money paying over the face value on other sites.

Every year regular as clockwork there will be face value tickets on toutless and the likes.

Also they sometimes sell a few extra tickets on ticketmaster a few weeks beforehand, with a dodgy excuse about them being crew tickets or something.

Have a great festival to everyone who got tickets!

ATN tickets on sale this morning now also :-)

They've been on sale since last August.
    This is nothing more than getting the jump on ATN regarding ticket sales and cash in the bank.

Insofar as there is any connection, ATN would seem to be hanging on to the coat tails of EP, trying to get dissappointed EP hopefuls who missed out to consider their festival instead. So far from proving that EP were worried about ATN, ATN sending out the email now shows that they are very much a poor second to EP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

Booked my Pink moon but not my ticket, I'm sure will find one nearer the time.
    But last year the demand on the sites like toutless was the biggest i've ever seen,
    right up until the few days before festival if anyone posted a ticket they'd have 20 responses
    in minutes looking for it and offering over face value.

this was mainly to do with picture this etc being announced late though I think and that demographic clamoring for them last minute.

Advertisement