Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Wooderson

sham : noun : a thing that is not what it is purported to be.

Think we can all agree that ATN purported to be a music festival, there was a music festival so not a sham.

They apparently had a lot of massive cockups, that would make them incompetent, but not a sham.

Spurious imitation then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Kepler21 wrote: »
    Spoke to a (much younger) work colleague today who was also at EP and who had a wonderful time. We agreed that Billie Eilish was brilliant. Me: "Who were your other highlights?" Her: "Well I normally just spend most of the time in Casa Bacardi and the Heineken stage".

Sigh.

horses for courses. I've seen some cracking DJ's at both of those stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,416 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Well I'm finally getting posting after the long week and weekend, plus I've enjoyed reading all your reports. A few of you were wondering why no input from me but I did send 21 pics of the build to Endainoz, I don't understand, why were they not posted on the thread, that was the purpose of posting these photos to you Endainoz. Is there any point in posting them now, it was done with the intent of lifting the excitement levels before the festival.

Build & Break Period (Sun - Thurs): The festival build is one of the best parts of the festival for me as you see new structures materialising before you eyes as the week progresses and the tent city around me at the crew camp. I was working at the traders accreditation area (Food & Cafe Stalls, Info Stalls) from Monday to Thursday, my job to take each arriving vehicle and issue them with temporary vehicle passes and temporary wristbands too which lasted them till Thursday evening. Craic in the crew camp was mighty with the cinema set up by John again and dinners cooked by him at his camper, although some idiot was going around the crew camp spray painting logos onto peoples tents, he made the mistake of spray painting mine while I was inside it, with it only being a single skin tent I was high as a kite from the fumes and kicked up a stink about it to the area zone manager. The offender was dealt with by security and evicted from the site.

Thursday Evening: Met up with an old friend from Cork who I managed to miss for the last few years at the last three Picnics so finally caught up with him at the Hendrix campsite which seemed quite civilised and chilled on Thursday, didn't visit anywhere on Thursday as it was a good night just catching up on the craic with Dave.

Friday: acts I seen, caught a little bit of Billy Eilish was going down to the main stage to check her out when I realised the full meadow of people in front of me were headed in the same direction so didn't fancy being stuck in that massive crowd, Caught a few tracks from the back of the stage and she seemed alright and seemed to command a great presence but not really my sort of music. Miles Kane was OK caught his last few numbers. Jarvis Cocker put on a great set which I enjoyed immensely. Went over to Freetown which I enjoyed catching a bit of Rake the Ashes at Spike Island and Amelie Lens at the Terminus stage who was keeping all the raving youths happy with a thumping techno set. Dave remarked that some of the visuals there was as good as a Chemical Brothers show. Also went over to the Filthy Circus which was very impressive, reminding me of Lost Vagueness from the earlier Picnics. I found out afterwards that Filthy Circus were originally part of the Jerry Fish setup but now had their very own tent. Onto the Salty Dog which had a new seating area that overlooked the stage, I enjoyed the acts Khartoum and the recently reformed Irish rap act Scary Eire. Then the heavens opened about 2.30 AM so a quick rush back to our tents before we got soaked.

Saturday: Acts I caught: Christine & the Queens, I thought it was quite funny she was mentioning Dublin all the time, she was even corrected by her band that it was Laois but she seemed quite brazen and continued to say Dublin, I enjoyed the bit of the concert I saw though. I also caught Kneecap at the Terminus stage who had a fairly packed crowd and were going down a storm, I rushed off then to catch Yankari at Trenchtown so that I could get a HD video clip of them this time, Trenchtown seemed to be the emptiest place at the festival with the only crowd being at Yankari's gig. Saturday was my electronic night so Richie Hawtin and Four Tet was on the agenda, both putting on impressive shows, some people I spoke to thought Hawtin's music was too intense for them but I thought he was perfect. Folk on the thread here were remarking on Four Tet's lack of a light show but he had the same setup at Coachella although I thought the reason initially was because Aphex Twin on after him at Coachella was going to be the lights dude. I liked his minimal approach, he basically let his music do the talking without any distracting lights or lasers and a fine set by him too, my second time catching him. Then off to Body & Soul to catch a bit of Lamb, The Haunt who was playing some cool obscure Irish folk music when I was there and then off to catch Kelly-Anne Byrne's closing set at the B&S main stage.

Sunday: Was pretty hungover today so it was later that we got into the arena, first port of call was a trip to Trenchtown to listen to some reggae, again the area seemed to be the least populated of the festival but it still had a nice vibe, I preferred using the entrance near the big wheel as there is no silly one way entrance at this part. Off to Johnny Marr first who put on a whopper of a set, despite technical issues he still gave outstanding entertainment. Richard Ashcroft also put on a great show and made sure to let everyone know that he was in fact in County Laois :). Went of with my mate Kevin to the Today FM Soundgarden for some more Kelly-Anne Byrne who even came out to dance for her last tune and a fine looking woman is she. Kevin wanted to see a bit of Kodaline, I wasn't so keen but tagged along anyway, a big mistake methinks, as they were finishing their set we got trapped by such a massive crowd that it was very scary and there seemed to be no crowd control to speak of, we ended up just standing at the fence next to the food stalls till it cleared off which must have been about 30 minutes at least. My back was starting to cave in at this stage and I needed somewhere to sit. Thankfully for us crew we can take the shortcuts through the throng and took the staff crossroads straight into Body&Soul and up to the Haunt where I planked me bum on a soft seat for the rest of the night. I was happy out so missed the rest of the main acts. The Haunt DJ then started playing the trad again so I took out my bodhran and happily thumped along with mad Kenno from Dublin playing his bones and clapping along. A nice end to a great festival, I met one or two boardsies or people that read boards anyway, sorry I never made the meet up but was sorting a ticket for Dave at the time at the green car park. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭endainoz

Well I'm finally getting posting after the long week and weekend, plus I've enjoyed reading all your reports. A few of you were wondering why no input from me but I did send 21 pics of the build to Endainoz, I don't understand, why were they not posted on the thread, that was the purpose of posting these photos to you Endainoz. Is there any point in posting them now, it was done with the intent of lifting the excitement levels before the festival.

Oh crap, guys so sorry about that! I didn't realize it was just me that you sent them to, and I also didn't realize I should have shared them here. I'm clearly a big ejit, I'll just go hang my head in shame for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,416 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

endainoz wrote: »
    Oh crap, guys so sorry about that! I didn't realize it was just me that you sent them to, and I also didn't realize I should have shared them here. I'm clearly a big ejit, I'll just go hang my head in shame for a while.

Endainoz no worries man they will be part of my blog review anyways, I never actually said to post them on boards so my own fault there, I didn't realise you played trad, we must make a point of a meetup next year for a tune. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Endainoz no worries man they will be part of my blog review anyways, I never actually said to post them on boards so my own fault there, I didn't realise you played trad, we must make a point of a meetup next year for a tune. :)

In the Haunt please. Boardsies meet-up to end the fest.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

Tuesday after an EP is just a horrible experience. Felt like crying today in work multiple times whenever I thought back on some of the madness which happened over that great weekend.

Got to see a good number of acts but for me the standout was Gerry Cinnamon. Jesus that man knows how to interact with a crowd and get them going. A great main stage performance.

In my opinion though, the best addition to the festival and what blew me away was the new Terminus tent. Holy god that place was nuts. The sound in the tent was unbelievable and also the lights and visuals were some of the best I've ever seen. I think this tent will only grow bigger and bigger each year now after that weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

First of all, apologies for the long post but it was a brilliant weekend yet again. I was initially worried about what the weekend had in store, lineup was weak for me, weather forecast terrible and I had a much smaller group of friends going than usual. In the end none of that ended up being an issue and I had a fantastic time. I am convinced there is magic in the air down there, there is a feeling I get when wandering around Electric Picnic that I don't get anywhere else. So much going on around you, so many people having a good time and characters that you meet along the way. Everyone (well most people!) just seem to get it and make it a wonderful place to be.

Friday:
    Get Down Edits - always an act I try to catch, nice tunes to start the weekend at Casa Bacardi but I felt old at that stage this year and I'm only late 20s!
    Billie Eilish - she pulled a huge crowd, friends wanted to see them, not my thing & left after 30 mins.
    Went for a wander around the festival which was arguably the highlight of Friday, saw so much cool stuff and felt a good time to do it while most were at Billie/Dermot.
    Arvo Party - looking forward to him before hand but got a very sparse crowd and didn't have much of an atmosphere.
    Saw some rappers in a tent in B&S after, memory is a bit hazy on who!
    Shura - really good gig and venue but the crowd was tiny. Surely around just 50 people?! She didn't seem to let it phase her though.
    Heineken stage - caught the end of some Ibiza Classics set and Tensnake, both were good for a dance to burn off energy but tipped on then.
    Grannies Gaf to finish the night before returning to Pink Moon around 1.30 - cheesy tunes but great craic and definitely one of those places that make EP what it is.

Saturday:
    Mix & Fairbanks - great set, got me feeling full of energy by the end despite not being in the mood to dance when I arrived. Last 30 mins was brilliant.
    Freya Ridings - she drew a big crowd as well, lovely voice and seemed thrilled with the size of the crowd. Reminds me of London Grammar - reckon she will be huge.
    Sing Along Social - one of the highlights of the weekend, really good at engaging the crowd and getting people going. Getting all of the red heads on stage for Florence was hilarious! Like Rfrip I intended on going to CATQ but couldn't leave.
    Metronomy - sounded brilliant, would definitely see them again, could get near the front fairly easily despite arriving late.
    Mella Dee - stayed at the very back but wanted to see Terminus at some stage, good tunes and crowd loved it, Terminus is massive & has potential.
    La Cabaret Tent - went to a Burlesque show for about 45 mins and was surprisingly entertained!
    Four Tet - disappointed enough with it, the lack of any lights whatsoever was a big let down for me and made it feel way flatter than it should have. Left early for the main stage.
    The Strokes - not a huge Strokes fan but they didn't capture my interest, crowd did not seem too impressed, Julian seemed like a dick. Seems to be mixed reviews on them.
    Mother DJs - EP tradition for me and they reminded me why. Unbelievable selection of tunes, unbelievable people in the tent all giving it socks and dancing with smiles on their faces. This 2 hours or so is a perfect snapshot of EP for me.
    Kellyanne Byrne - couldn't get into her as much as normal, maybe it was because of the cold or the fact that I had left Mother. Seemed to play more house music than disco/80s stuff.

Sunday:
    Le Boom - great gig, hugely energetic as usual and crowd eat out of their hand. Very well suited to playing festivals.
    Johnny Marr - gig of the weekend for me. I would definitely go and see him play his own show, blew me away and handled the sound failing like a champ. The guy who climbed up the pole was gas, he pretended to fall at one stage!
    Missed a few acts I wanted to see around this time unfortunately but it happens and not the end of the world.
    Saw some DJ (Al Gibbs?) at Casa Bacardi and he was fun then went for a wander before going to main stage.
    Florence ATM - Enjoyed her more than I expected. I think she is a good headliner and well suited to the EP demographic and engages the crowd, left about half way through though.
    The Strokes - caught the second half and delighted I did. One of the highlights of the weekend, played all of the songs I knew in this time and Mike Skinner is a pro at working the crowd.
    Cathy Davey - friend wanted to go but she was very good.
    Grannies Gaf again - appeal wore off this time around, listening to DJ Rankin after Cathy Davey felt odd!!
    Went to go to King Kong Company but Body & Soul was completely closed off. They must have got some sized crowd as I have never seen this before and was raging I couldn't get in.
    Cynema - unbelievable way to finish the weekend for me. Small crowd at first but got bigger as the gig went on and the tunes got heavier as well.

General observations:

- The new barrier actually worked out really well for me too. Spent more time in places that used to be outside the arena (Salty Dog, Freetown, Grannies Gaff, etc.) now that there was no security check. Camping in PM meant I never queued for more than 2 or 3 mins to get into arena all weekend.
    - Freetown - I know it's getting mixed reviews but I loved that area. Delicious food (Pachecos ftw), plenty of places to sit down and grab a drink, cool little bars and areas, La Cabaret, Spike Island, Terminus.. Loads of potential to grow too. Terminus was criminally underused though.
    - Crowd control, considering the amount of people that go I never felt too squashed. Obviously a bit of disaster having to close B&S for a while on Sunday night but other than that felt they managed it fairly well.
    - Scheduling: I think this year it felt extremely slim for options post midnight, with the exception of Saturday when everything goes on later. KKC on Sunday is a great example, there was nowhere else to go so too many people flocked to B&S. Heard there was a girl injured in a crush but not sure if true? They need to have more things on late at night as most people don't go to bed at that time. Terminus simply has to go on until 3 or 4am next year.
    - Pink Moon felt a little different this year. The place was much dirtier and louder, felt like more groups of people you wouldn't usually get there. On Saturday night there was lads beside us playing tunes on a speaker until around 5am.
    - Met some seriously rude people over the weekend too. Two young girls asked could they skip me in a queue on Saturday (I was just getting water), when I said no they started giving me abuse! Then later that night two young lads were trying to start a fight with my mate. Combined with so many people barging through and generally acting the dick. It feels like the much younger crowd aren't naturally as nice to one another unfortunately!

Unfortunately I don't think I will be going next year due to work situation, I'm not sure how I will be fixed for going to EP in future in general but hopefully I will be back as it will kill me missing it for the first time in 8 years. This thread has been the source of hours of entertainment and knowledge over the years and really does enhance my entire EP experience. I will still drop in to say hello in the 2020 thread!!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

Did anyone else notice they removed the crowd control barriers that went out to the side from the main stage sound desk?

It seemed to actually create a bit of a crush on the inside when Hozier was finished on Friday night. They were gone on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭Rfrip

You are right...there is magic in the air down there! For me I think areas outside the main stage and tents keep improving year after year. While I felt Freetown was sparse it’s definatly just going to keep improving. Never got to berlinhaus...there was always a crazy q every time we passed and while it’s deadly inside it’s not worth Qing for, especially with everything else going on around!

Hard to believe it’s over for another year...not ready to join the 2020 thread yet!

• Advertisement

First of all, apologies for the long post but it was a brilliant weekend yet again. I was initially worried about what the weekend had in store, lineup was weak for me, weather forecast terrible and I had a much smaller group of friends going than usual. In the end none of that ended up being an issue and I had a fantastic time. I am convinced there is magic in the air down there, there is a feeling I get when wandering around Electric Picnic that I don't get anywhere else. So much going on around you, so many people having a good time and characters that you meet along the way. Everyone (well most people!) just seem to get it and make it a wonderful place to be.

Friday:
    Get Down Edits - always an act I try to catch, nice tunes to start the weekend at Casa Bacardi but I felt old at that stage this year and I'm only late 20s!
    Billie Eilish - she pulled a huge crowd, friends wanted to see them, not my thing & left after 30 mins.
    Went for a wander around the festival which was arguably the highlight of Friday, saw so much cool stuff and felt a good time to do it while most were at Billie/Dermot.
    Arvo Party - looking forward to him before hand but got a very sparse crowd and didn't have much of an atmosphere.
    Saw some rappers in a tent in B&S after, memory is a bit hazy on who!
    Shura - really good gig and venue but the crowd was tiny. Surely around just 50 people?! She didn't seem to let it phase her though.
    Heineken stage - caught the end of some Ibiza Classics set and Tensnake, both were good for a dance to burn off energy but tipped on then.
    Grannies Gaf to finish the night before returning to Pink Moon around 1.30 - cheesy tunes but great craic and definitely one of those places that make EP what it is.

Saturday:
    Mix & Fairbanks - great set, got me feeling full of energy by the end despite not being in the mood to dance when I arrived. Last 30 mins was brilliant.
    Freya Ridings - she drew a big crowd as well, lovely voice and seemed thrilled with the size of the crowd. Reminds me of London Grammar - reckon she will be huge.
    Sing Along Social - one of the highlights of the weekend, really good at engaging the crowd and getting people going. Getting all of the red heads on stage for Florence was hilarious! Like Rfrip I intended on going to CATQ but couldn't leave.
    Metronomy - sounded brilliant, would definitely see them again, could get near the front fairly easily despite arriving late.
    Mella Dee - stayed at the very back but wanted to see Terminus at some stage, good tunes and crowd loved it, Terminus is massive & has potential.
    La Cabaret Tent - went to a Burlesque show for about 45 mins and was surprisingly entertained!
    Four Tet - disappointed enough with it, the lack of any lights whatsoever was a big let down for me and made it feel way flatter than it should have. Left early for the main stage.
    The Strokes - not a huge Strokes fan but they didn't capture my interest, crowd did not seem too impressed, Julian seemed like a dick. Seems to be mixed reviews on them.
    Mother DJs - EP tradition for me and they reminded me why. Unbelievable selection of tunes, unbelievable people in the tent all giving it socks and dancing with smiles on their faces. This 2 hours or so is a perfect snapshot of EP for me.
    Kellyanne Byrne - couldn't get into her as much as normal, maybe it was because of the cold or the fact that I had left Mother. Seemed to play more house music than disco/80s stuff.

Sunday:
    Le Boom - great gig, hugely energetic as usual and crowd eat out of their hand. Very well suited to playing festivals.
    Johnny Marr - gig of the weekend for me. I would definitely go and see him play his own show, blew me away and handled the sound failing like a champ. The guy who climbed up the pole was gas, he pretended to fall at one stage!
    Missed a few acts I wanted to see around this time unfortunately but it happens and not the end of the world.
    Saw some DJ (Al Gibbs?) at Casa Bacardi and he was fun then went for a wander before going to main stage.
    Florence ATM - Enjoyed her more than I expected. I think she is a good headliner and well suited to the EP demographic and engages the crowd, left about half way through though.
    The Strokes - caught the second half and delighted I did. One of the highlights of the weekend, played all of the songs I knew in this time and Mike Skinner is a pro at working the crowd.
    Cathy Davey - friend wanted to go but she was very good.
    Grannies Gaf again - appeal wore off this time around, listening to DJ Rankin after Cathy Davey felt odd!!
    Went to go to King Kong Company but Body & Soul was completely closed off. They must have got some sized crowd as I have never seen this before and was raging I couldn't get in.
    Cynema - unbelievable way to finish the weekend for me. Small crowd at first but got bigger as the gig went on and the tunes got heavier as well.

General observations:

- The new barrier actually worked out really well for me too. Spent more time in places that used to be outside the arena (Salty Dog, Freetown, Grannies Gaff, etc.) now that there was no security check. Camping in PM meant I never queued for more than 2 or 3 mins to get into arena all weekend.
    - Freetown - I know it's getting mixed reviews but I loved that area. Delicious food (Pachecos ftw), plenty of places to sit down and grab a drink, cool little bars and areas, La Cabaret, Spike Island, Terminus.. Loads of potential to grow too. Terminus was criminally underused though.
    - Crowd control, considering the amount of people that go I never felt too squashed. Obviously a bit of disaster having to close B&S for a while on Sunday night but other than that felt they managed it fairly well.
    - Scheduling: I think this year it felt extremely slim for options post midnight, with the exception of Saturday when everything goes on later. KKC on Sunday is a great example, there was nowhere else to go so too many people flocked to B&S. Heard there was a girl injured in a crush but not sure if true? They need to have more things on late at night as most people don't go to bed at that time. Terminus simply has to go on until 3 or 4am next year.
    - Pink Moon felt a little different this year. The place was much dirtier and louder, felt like more groups of people you wouldn't usually get there. On Saturday night there was lads beside us playing tunes on a speaker until around 5am.
    - Met some seriously rude people over the weekend too. Two young girls asked could they skip me in a queue on Saturday (I was just getting water), when I said no they started giving me abuse! Then later that night two young lads were trying to start a fight with my mate. Combined with so many people barging through and generally acting the dick. It feels like the much younger crowd aren't naturally as nice to one another unfortunately!

Unfortunately I don't think I will be going next year due to work situation, I'm not sure how I will be fixed for going to EP in future in general but hopefully I will be back as it will kill me missing it for the first time in 8 years. This thread has been the source of hours of entertainment and knowledge over the years and really does enhance my entire EP experience. I will still drop in to say hello in the 2020 thread!!

You've highlighted two problems that had one easy solution. Underused Terminus and an overcrowded Salty Dog for KKC. Hopefully they'll schedule some popular late night acts in Freetown next year.

And hey man, no way we're accepting you dropping out for 2020. We'll somehow collectively wrangle it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I meant to ask, there was a couple at the TCM meet up, stayed for a while, just missed the photo, lovely people. They introduced themselves but I missed what they said and inexplicably carried on like I'd heard them. Does that ring any bells with anyone? Anyone know who that was?

Groove Armada definitely show up at EP? And a live or DJ set?

Stillill42 wrote: »
    I meant to ask, there was a couple at the TCM meet up, stayed for a while, just missed the photo, lovely people. They introduced themselves but I missed what they said and inexplicably carried on like I'd heard them. Does that ring any bells with anyone? Anyone know who that was?

Not sure, definitely wasn't Rubick or Poorside with partners. There were so many people introducing themselves that it was all a bit chaotic. In a great way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

What a weekend, so much to talk about but couldn't possibly in one post!!

Broken.....anxious... a tad paranoid and sore!! (I walked something like 75km Thurs-Monday)

The EP official app looked the business, but "In the moment" "whats on now" it was extremely poor!! The lanyard also seemed very thin this year, only covered 5-6 stages.

I'm at that stage now, trying to avoid real life and reliving the weekend scene by blurry scene. Emotional peak of the weekend is a toss up between the Drugs don't work in the sun on Sunday evening, very poignant I thought and Rubick just about holding it together for Gorecki by Lamb at Body and Soul on the Saturday night. Beautiful stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Hi all know it is unlukely but if anyone has a spare code for saturday sale my bro got the bug after his first ep so if one going would give it a good home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Unlikely not unlukely

Fair play to Villain!! Lapped up forecast and site pics, tremendous help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

What was the verdict on Oscar Wilde this year? Any improvement? Was gifted Pink Moon and now the thoughts of returning to a horribly messy, cramped campsite where you nigh on have to walk on peoples tents to get anywhere covers me with a gloomy film of sadness. Pink Moon so expensive though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

optogirl wrote: »
    What was the verdict on Oscar Wilde this year? Any improvement? Was gifted Pink Moon and now the thoughts of returning to a horribly messy, cramped campsite where you nigh on have to walk on peoples tents to get anywhere covers me with a gloomy film of sadness. Pink Moon so expensive though...

Go Eco.

Clean, chilled & free!

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Fair play to Villain!! Lapped up forecast and site pics, tremendous help!

Amen. I told all and sundry to relax about the weather, that I had the inside track from God himself. They'll listen to me next year. Keep up the good work, Villain.

I think we need to take a leaf out of Pablos book and say ECO is ****, full of C**Ts, expensive, messy and in a crap location. ;)

I think we need to take a leaf out of Pablos book and say ECO is ****, full of C**Ts, expensive, messy and in a crap location. ;)

And unavailable to those who've not hiked the entire length of the Amazon. Dressed in Shakesperean pantaloons.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Groove Armada definitely show up at EP? And a live or DJ set?

They played AIB Taphouse on Saturday night around 11, we spotted them on the way to Four Tet and gave the latter a miss which I’m delighted about now given the mixed reviews of Four Tet! DJ set and they were having such a good time they refused to leave for 20 minutes after they were meant to finish, just kept playing :)

They played AIB Taphouse on Saturday night around 11, we spotted them on the way to Four Tet and gave the latter a miss which I’m delighted about now given the mixed reviews of Four Tet! DJ set and they were having such a good time they refused to leave for 20 minutes after they were meant to finish, just kept playing :)

Ah, that would have been fun. Live or DJ set? Though I'd not have missed The Strokes for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

When did I say this?

Still haven't got round to a full report. Been sorting out the caravan before it goes into storage until next spring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭riddles

Without accusations of nefarious doings what situation happens that means EP tickets suddenly became available for sale on Thursday?

• Advertisement

[QUOTE=PabloAndRoy;111163458]When did I say this?

Still haven't got round to a full report. Been sorting out the caravan before it goes into storage until next spring.[/QUOTE]

He's referring to your sarcasm re the village Hall that you wanted to keep a secret. Same with ECO. Avoid letting everyone know how good it is. I think everyone is suffering from post-Picnic exhaustion.

Hope it was a good one for you.

Advertisement