Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Billy Eilish now on bbc four!

She’s gonna be the draw of the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Rfrip wrote: »

Yup, she’s unreal, probably would have been originally pencilled in for EA, but she’ll have to be main stage, will be a good slot as well.
    Great to see a pared back band control a crowd like that.

Poorside wrote: »
    Yup, she’s unreal, probably would have been originally pencilled in for EA, but she’ll have to be main stage, will be a good slot as well.
    Great to see a pared back band control a crowd like that.

She’s brilliant isn’t she...yeah will deffo have to be main stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

Had heard of Billie but never listened to her as I thought someone 17 years old would be like a teeny bopper thing, but she's a great performer.

Love her style too, I like when a female artist doesn't feel the need to be all exposed and isn't selling sex (especially a teenager).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Stillill42

She's amazing.

• Advertisement

Stillill42 wrote: »
    She's amazing.

I’m blown away by her here tbh. She’s going to be amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Rfrip wrote: »

If you’ve access to iPlayer, the streets will need to be on that list too, they’re in John peel stage atm and are great

• Registered Users Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

No great surprise that The Cure are astonishing. And clearly loving being there.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    No great surprise that The Cure are astonishing. And clearly loving being there.

Not sure about that. Too “dirgey” for Glastonbury, Robert as much as said so before the encore.

Spreece wrote: »
    Not sure about that. Too “dirgey” for Glastonbury, Robert as much as said so before the encore.

Dirgey? Seriously? You still listening?

• Advertisement

Crowd seem to be loving it. And none of them drifted during the Disintegration stuff. They've utterly nailed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Christine and the Queens are class

• Subscribers Posts: 41,038 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Really wishing idles are named for EP after seeing them yesterday.

Looking forward to Christine, she's a visual tonic.
    Billie elish will be interesting... I know nothing other than what my kids talk about. But she's full of energy so probably a Sunday night scheduling

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Really wishing idles are named for EP after seeing them yesterday.

Looking forward to Christine, she's a visual tonic.
    Billie elish will be interesting... I know nothing other than what my kids talk about. But she's full of energy so probably a Sunday night scheduling

Idles looked incredible. Always thought they were a bit heavy for me but that set was fairly electric. We'll hardly get them with them having their own gig in Dublin next week but I'd love to see them added. As you say, Christine and Billie both fantastic. I'm bursting for a festival now. I've never seen Glastonbury look so inviting.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Idles looked incredible. Always thought they were a bit heavy for me but that set was fairly electric. We'll hardly get them with them having their own gig in Dublin next week but I'd love to see them added. As you say, Christine and Billie both fantastic. I'm bursting for a festival now. I've never seen Glastonbury look so inviting.

You'd love it. You could entirely avoid the six televised stages all weekend and still see exceptional music every day. No coverage of Billy Bragg's stage (Fontaines & Stella Donnelly there). Acoustic stage with Rickie Lee Jones, Nick Lowe, etc. Williams Green with newish bands and surprise sets. Avalon. Glade, etc, etc. It's an overwhelming and exhaustive experience but one I've got to do again.

Meanwhile I'm gearing up for what could be another great EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Synode wrote: »
    Christine and the Queens are class

Am I picking up some sarcasm there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Age must be finally catching up with me because I feel Billie Elish is absolute cack, and watching a Christine and the Queens gig would be as exciting as having to be the best man at an Amish Wedding.

nocoverart wrote: »
    Age must be finally catching up with me because I feel Billie Elish is absolute cack, and watching a Christine and the Queens gig would be as exciting as having to be the best man at an Amish Wedding.

You'll still have plenty to see. EP, like Glasto, now caters for (almost) all tastes.

I used to complain about the more commercial stuff at both. But no longer. Why be churlish about stuff that brings pleasure to others when I'll have the stuff that rocks my boat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Am I picking up some sarcasm there!!

No I think she's great

You'll still have plenty to see. EP, like Glasto, now caters for (almost) all tastes.

I used to complain about the more commercial stuff at both. But no longer. Why be churlish about stuff that brings pleasure to others when I'll have the stuff that rocks my boat?

You're bang on, still nice to vent about Sh1t artists that some folk think are the second coming every now and then though...

• Advertisement

nocoverart wrote: »
    You're bang on, still nice to vent about Sh1t artists that some folk think are the second coming every now and then though...

Yep. I'd happily applaud Customs detaining Years and Years.

Yep. I'd happily applaud Customs detaining Years and Years.

LOL. Years and Years are definitely one of the worst bands out there nowadays, they make Maroon Five look like Pink Floyd (if it rhymes it's real)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

Crowd seem to be loving it. And none of them drifted during the Disintegration stuff. They've utterly nailed it.

Maybe I just don’t get The Cure. A lot of their stuff sounds monotonous and repetitive to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I have over 20 hours of Glastonbury recorded to get through! :/

I was at Kaleidoscope over the weekend so only got to watch a bit here and there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Maybe I just don’t get The Cure. A lot of their stuff sounds monotonous and repetitive to me.

I saw them at Werchter and really don't get the big deal, they're pretty dull

• Registered Users Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Itching for an announcement from EP now seeing that a whole bunch of festivals have passed.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Bacardi bar should be next is it?

Running back here to take comfort..Glastonbury thread got a bit tetchy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

60 sleeps

Looks like the Picnic had a good Glastonbury. Well-received sets for The Streets, Christine & The Queens, Sons of Kemet and Billie Eilish. Will check out all in Stradbally. Michael Kiwanuka predictably fab. Hozier drew a decent crowd. Can't say I was much enamoured of Dermot Kennedy, Georgia or Freya Ridings but they'll draw large numbers also.

Any more acts from the weekend we can expect in the next announcement? Chemicals and Tame Impala are possibilities due to their tour dates. Any lesser guns? Johnny Marr almost definite. Sharon Van Etten please. Proclaimers before their September Irish tour? Slowthai playing Longitude but could he return? Same with Little Simz. And could we get the next announcement soon after the Marlay Park fest?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭Mucker46

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I have over 20 hours of Glastonbury recorded to get through! :/

I was at Kaleidoscope over the weekend so only got to watch a bit here and there.

Same boat and with vampire weekend tonight and foals tomorrow will be a while before I get through it. Keep me going for EP maybe

Advertisement