Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Think for the most part, we can wipe ATN bands off the EP list apart from the local acts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Yep. I'd happily applaud Customs detaining Years and Years.

What charge importation of counterfeit goods:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

endainoz wrote: »
    I know I've been going on about it all summer but the offspring are still free EP weekend...

All I know is Pretty Fly and the Police cover. Thought they were a novelty act. Am I wrong?

Fatfrog wrote: »
    What charge importation of counterfeit goods:D

No need for charges. Josef K. Detain them and let 'em sweat.

Snarky Snark Snark

All I know is Pretty Fly and the Police cover. Thought they were a novelty act. Am I wrong?

Very

• Advertisement

Very

Any recommended stuff? Happy to admit my ignorance and give them a listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Any recommended stuff? Happy to admit my ignorance and give them a listen.

Keep em separated

Low self esteem

Two of their earlier and bedt numbers

Just watched Vampire Weekend after recommendations here. Excellent. Though they are magpies extraordinaire. First song played Sympathy is a Doobie Brothers steal. Much of the rest from Bhundu Boys and Graceland.

Dull when I saw them supporting Blur a decade ago. Now a proper live act.

If not this Sept then EP 2020 please.

everlast75 wrote: »
    Keep em separated

Low self esteem

Two of their earlier and bedt numbers

Cool thanks. Will check out tonight. Looked at their discography and amazed they were releasing stuff in the late 80s.

Snarky Snark Snark

Tbh, the greatest hits is all that’s needed, they’re a prime example of early 90s bubblegum punk that popped up in the states, pure pop but crackin tunes, a more commercial greenday (until greenday went properly global massive on album #7). There’s nothin serious about them at all but they’ve great tunes.

Also, the lead singers bio is insane for the stuff he’s done, proper pure renaissance man
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dexter_Holland

His bio there also has a link with Jello Biafra, dead Kennedy’s are touring engerland in August.

• Advertisement

Tbh, the greatest hits is all that’s needed, they’re a prime example of early 90s bubblegum punk that popped up in the states, pure pop but crackin tunes, a more commercial greenday (until greenday went properly global massive on album #7). There’s nothin serious about them at all but they’ve great tunes.

They (almost) completely passed me by. On those recommendations it sounds like ideal EP fare. And in Europe til late August though if not at Reading then surely EP unlikely? They look like archetypal Reading/Leeds material.

Snarky Snark Snark

They’d normally be pure Reading/Leeds type, surprised they’re not playing but maybe the kids there aren’t alright anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭endainoz

Low self esteem is a teen angst classic. More fun ones would be why do you get a job or Hit That. Their videos were always great too, but yeah greatest hits is all you need for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Gunter glieben glauchen globen
    Rock of Ages! :p

Snarky Snark Snark

Rock of Ages! :p

Rise up, gather round.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Didn’t Mr. Marr self confirm way back last year? Erasure would be an utter hoot and could probably have the set list of a weekend in terms of classic hit quotients.

Think he appeared on a poster around announcement time and then it disappeared

Anyone at foals tonight. Good set not a bad crowd, defo less talking than last night at vampire weekend, but i thought his voice sounded strange and therefore didnt have its usual punch for all songs. Still have them at ep though great catalogue of tunes.

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Anyone at foals tonight. Good set not a bad crowd, defo less talking than last night at vampire weekend, but i thought his voice sounded strange and therefore didnt have its usual punch for all songs. Still have them at ep though great catalogue of tunes.

Strained not strange

Snarky Snark Snark

How long is it since they played EP?

Must be due a revisit by now. If they did have foals then that would be a near complete Glastonbury tier 2 headliners sweep (in the same year) which would be some boast in anyone’s book.

Edit : main stagers in 2014, got to be odds on

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Camroc20

Think for the most part, we can wipe ATN bands off the EP list apart from the local acts

Were there any examples of big medium sized acts doing both last year at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Camroc20 wrote: »
    Were there any examples of big medium sized acts doing both last year at all?

Nope.

BigMo1 wrote: »
    I'd be surprised to see LG added. Played last week in Cork and has a date set in The Point in November.

Some more conceivable than others I guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Casa Bacardi was announced this day last year, so hopefully we are not far off a steady stream of announcements from here on in.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Id say they wont play till 2020 , with the 2nd part of their album due out later this year we might get a tour followed by another summer run in 2020 which will prob include a glasto appearance (probably other stage headliner).

Did I see somewhere on here that there is no Other Voices this year? Tried looking into that but can't seen any info confirming it.

Did I see somewhere on here that there is no Other Voices this year? Tried looking into that but can't seen any info confirming it.

Yeah it’s gone, real shame as it was a great place that always seemed to catch the vibe of the artist/ band playing there.

Poorside wrote: »
    Yeah it’s gone, real shame as it was a great place that always seemed to catch the vibe of the artist/ band playing there.

Ya that's a shame. Saw Sigrid there last year and she was great. Also a great outlet for emerging Irish talent over the years. OVand Play the Picnic gone this year. Not good lad.

Ya that's a shame. Saw Sigrid there last year and she was great. Also a great outlet for emerging Irish talent over the years. OVand Play the Picnic gone this year. Not good lad.

Didn’t realise that was gone, that’s a bit crap really.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Amazon32

Acts I would like to see added (Some are Very Ambitious) -
    Rufus Du Sol, The XX, Gerry Cinnamon, BICEP, Maggie Rodgers,Kings Of Leon, Paul Kalkbrennar , Flight Facilities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Amazon32 wrote: »
    Acts I would like to see added (Some are Very Ambitious) -
    Rufus Du Sol, The XX, Gerry Cinnamon, BICEP, Maggie Rodgers,Kings Of Leon, Paul Kalkbrennar , Flight Facilities.

Don't think the XX are touring at all this year haven't seen them on any festival bills anyway unless I'm looking at all the wrong ones.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Advertisement