Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beecee

Rfrip wrote: »
    Don’t know if I’m just hearing things but Kevin parkers voice was way better on weds.

Obvs can’t compare indoor gig to this but just saying!

Yeah, I only saw bits of it, but didn't sound as good. From being there before you can't really judge the sound and atmosphere from the telly, but I didn't get the party feel that Wednesday had

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Rfrip wrote: »
    I say this every year as I sit on my couch watching it all weekend but it has to go on my bucket list. I just don’t know if I could cope with the scale. Like the journey home from portlaoise to cork on the Monday is hardship enough never mind the magnitude of Glastonbury

Looking forward to tame impala at half ten

Do it!! Unreal, journey home wasn't bad you know it's coming and mentally prepare had worse from Stradbally. Glasto is massive but there isn't a main arena with security checks so you can go direct to most areas, this cuts down on walking.
    The hardest part I found was temperature in the tent,
    The year I was there it was 26/27 deg. Sun was rising at 4am, by 8 am you had to evacuate the tent, unbearable. Lack of sleep really took a toll on me, 3 day festival you can power through, but Glasto is 5-6 nights in a tent it catches up. By Saturday I was absolutely minus Craic couldn't even drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Do it!! Unreal, journey home wasn't bad you know it's coming and mentally prepare had worse from Stradbally. Glasto is massive but there isn't a main arena with security checks so you can go direct to most areas, this cuts down on walking.
    The hardest part I found was temperature in the tent,
    The year I was there it was 26/27 deg. Sun was rising at 4am, by 8 am you had to evacuate the tent, unbearable. Lack of sleep really took a toll on me, 3 day festival you can power through, but Glasto is 5-6 nights in a tent it catches up. By Saturday I was absolutely minus Craic couldn't even drink.

That reads like the 2 ould lads from the muppet show, brilliant, magnificent, good enough, a bit crap, boooooo

Watching Glasto/Tame Impala, crowd are a bit calm?

Poorside wrote: »
    That reads like the 2 ould lads from the muppet show, brilliant, magnificent, good enough, a bit crap, boooooo

It does actually!! :) Wasn't my intention to be negative the acts and experience definately outweighs the negative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Warching Glasto/Tame Impala, crowd are a bit calm?

Is it possible to get excited at a Tame Impala gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

30 degrees over there now...that's crossing the "nice weather" threshold into unbearable

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

30 degrees over there now...that's crossing the "nice weather" threshold into unbearable

I know. Sun at any festival is fantastic as it puts everyone in a great mood but if it’s full on no break sun it gets unbearable. And not to mention the tent oven hell that comes with it.

I remember being at Oxegen (or Witnness) one year and it hit 29 degrees (hottest day of the year) and I got absolutely fried!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Rfrip

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I know. Sun at any festival is fantastic as it puts everyone in a great mood but if it’s full on no break sun it gets unbearable. And not to mention the tent oven he’ll that comes with it.

I remember being at Oxegen (or Witnness) one year and it hit 29 degrees (hottest day of the year) and I got absolutely fried!

I remember that at witness....I was up at the barrier for the frames and all the security lads were handing out plastic glasses of water making us drink them. Bless them.

Jesus that must be 17/18 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

The crowds at Gerry Cinnamon are LOVING him. I'd love to see him at the Picnic. He has so much energy he's bouncing around the stage. And he's so Glasgow I can't understand a word he's saying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

I’m at rock werchter this weekend , 34 degrees today . I’ve a serious scalded ring from it . But id still take it any day over wellies , rain gear n pissing rain

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

The murder capital earlier were deadly
    , mad ****ers , great little set

Just watching Jon Hopkins now. Jaysus. Unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I'm off to A House tonight in the National concert hall. I'd fecking love them to give it another roll of the dice in Stradbally. Unlikely I know. Probably similar story to Microdisney last year. You never know, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Stillill42 wrote: »
    I'm off to A House tonight in the National concert hall. I'd fecking love them to give it another roll of the dice in Stradbally. Unlikely I know. Probably similar story to Microdisney last year. You never know, though.

More likely than Microdisney for sure. Dave Couse played a few years back at a stage that's now disappeared, roughly where Jerry Fish is now. He did a fair few A House tracks but whined and grumbled throughout the set. An optimist he ain't.

Tonight should be great. Enjoy it Stillill.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    More likely than Microdisney for sure. Dave Couse played a few years back at a stage that's now disappeared, roughly where Jerry Fish is now. He did a fair few A House tracks but whined and grumbled throughout the set. An optimist he ain't.

Tonight should be great. Enjoy it Stillill.

Just read an old interview with him where he was reminiscing about A House supporting the Go-between's in the States back in the day. REM were around for part of the tour, big Go-between's fans. Robert Forster used get up on stage every night, sing a few songs with the A House lads. He'd be sitting at the bar afterwards, in between Forster and Michael Stipe, talking life and music. Life has probably been a bit of a disappointment for Dave after that. I'm sure he'll feel the love in the room tonight. I've loved listening to the music again the last few days. On our big fat merrygoround is a fecking brilliant album.

Anyone catch Lizzo on the Holt stage? She was pure unbridled joy.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Just read an old interview with him where he was reminiscing about A House supporting the Go-between's in the States back in the day. REM were around for part of the tour, big Go-between's fans. Robert Forster used get up on stage every night, sing a few songs with the A House lads. He'd be sitting at the bar afterwards, in between Forster and Michael Stipe, talking life and music. Life has probably been a bit of a disappointment for Dave after that. I'm sure he'll feel the love in the room tonight. I've loved listening to the music again the last few days. On our big fat merrygoround is a fecking brilliant album.

True, not easy to come down from that. Oh to have been in the company of those guys for a few beers.

And I agree re the first album but I Am The Greatest will always be the one for me. Full feedback tomorrow please. And we'll not look kindly on you failing to invite them to EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Is it possible to get excited at a Tame Impala gig?

We’ve been getting roasted alive for four days straight ffs, leave us alone haha!

On paper this Janet Jackson booking looked like an hour of fun & hits. Oh boy, this is proper car crash stuff.

She seems to be simultaneously miming, having sound difficulties and being out of tune. Is that even possible??

At least Johnny M sounded good. Happy to have him in the second announcement.

• Advertisement

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    On paper this Janet Jackson booking looked like an hour of fun & hits. Oh boy, this is proper car crash stuff.

At least Johnny M sounded good. Happy to have him in the second announcement.

Watched 30 seconds of her, turned to Neneh Cherry, she looked like she had just poo’d herself and didn’t sound much better, at least Foals are doing a good job.

Poorside wrote: »
    Watched 30 seconds of her, turned to Neneh Cherry, she looked like she had just poo’d herself and didn’t sound much better, at least Foals are doing a good job.

Ya both neneh and Janet were as bad as each other!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Courteeners doing a much better job than our Liam...

Foals were epic as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Are The Killers still a thing?

everlast75 wrote: »

Seems they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

The murder capital earlier were deadly
    , mad ****ers , great little set

They were unreal in Jerry Fish tent last year, especially when the lead singer jumped into the crowd and knocked back one fellas beer,great craic altogether :D

Five UK number ones in a row, two in last seven years. 2017 one also number one in US and elsewhere. Far past their best but very definitely still a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Barely, by the looks of this performance.

Is it weird that yer man from the Killers reminds me of Joe Dolan? And not in a good way.

• Advertisement

Chems bbc4!! quintessential festival band!!

Advertisement