Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Chems bbc4!! quintessential festival band!!

And maybe EP bound given their tour dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    And maybe EP bound given their tour dates.

Too soon I'd think since 2016.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Too soon I'd think since 2016.

We've had this discussion recently. To recap:

Groove Armada - 2004 & 2006
    Basement Jaxx - 2006 & 2009
    Orbital - 2009 & 2012

Not saying it'll happen but we're surely going to have a late night dance act and who else is touring then?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I’ve seen chem bros at ep twice now and didn’t think much of them either time. Like I love most of their songs, when mother djs will play go I’m all over it...just whatever it is about them live just couldn’t get into it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

"Men with ven"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

One of my fav acts in last years picnic, King Kong Company on stage now at the forte festival In Portlaoise and are absolutely ripping it, dancing robot on stage is cool as ****!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Oooh PSB on wif the killers.

Sounds funking brutal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

"Men with ven"

Saw that. Had to look it up, superb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Rfrip wrote: »
    I’ve seen chem bros at ep twice now and didn’t think much of them either time. Like I love most of their songs, when mother djs will play go I’m all over it...just whatever it is about them live just couldn’t get into it

This set is a lot more banging than their EP & Marley Park gigs imo

DISLIKE!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭endainoz

Was a fun set from the killers in the end. Started out fairly poor but finished pretty strong. Brought out Pet shop boys and Johnny Marr, even did a pretty respectable version of this charming man. Crowd were well into it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

endainoz wrote: »
    Was a fun set from the killers in the end. Started out fairly poor but finished pretty strong. Brought out Pet shop boys and Johnny Marr, even did a pretty respectable version of this charming man. Crowd were well into it too.

I would have kicked several teenagers if there was any around.

Would be nice if Flowers repaid Marr at EP, a Salty dog special appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Not feeling it from the chemical brothers tonight. Maybe ive seen them too many times, but the same old versions of Saturate, Swoon, Hey Boy Hey Girl etc. even down to the visuals, its just a bit uninspired. Some of these have been the same for over a decade. And the replacements of songs like Believe, Private Psy Reel, Setting sun etc dont really cut it for me either. Go is Galvanizes poor sibling, MAH is a bad Fatboy slim song (ie, any FBS song), Eve of Destruction is pretty bland too.

Im getting old lads, one of my favourite duos growing up leaving me cold...

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Not feeling it from the chemical brothers tonight. Maybe ive seen them too many times, but the same old versions of Saturate, Swoon, Hey Boy Hey Girl etc. even down to the visuals, its just a bit uninspired. Some of these have been the same for over a decade. And the replacements of songs like Believe, Private Psy Reel, Setting sun etc dont really cut it for me either. Go is Galvanizes poor sibling, MAH is a bad Fatboy slim song (ie, any FBS song), Eve of Destruction is pretty bland too.

Im getting old lads, one of my favourite duos growing up leaving me cold...

Agree with much of that, particularly re Go and the visuals. But I felt the biggies sounded great, loved them throwing in New Order's Temptation plus the ending of Galvanize & Block Rockin' Beats was stupendous.

Wu Tang on the other hand. Thought it would be a stretch to go lower than their appalling EP set. They rose to that challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

They were unreal in Jerry Fish tent last year, especially when the lead singer jumped into the crowd and knocked back one fellas beer,great craic altogether :D

Brilliant , he crowed surfed tonight with only about 10 deep in the crowd , everyone loving it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Stillill42

True, not easy to come down from that. Oh to have been in the company of those guys for a few beers.

And I agree re the first album but I Am The Greatest will always be the one for me. Full feedback tomorrow please. And we'll not look kindly on you failing to invite them to EP.

Good stuff from the lads tonight. Sound a bit muffled I thought but I was up in the balcony so that might be the reason. They were a little bit all over the place at times but in a charming sort of way. Dave, the miserable git, was in top form. Lovely performance of I am afraid, Dave's daughter on vocals and Ferg's on drums and then an amazing encore of No more Apologies, Call me blue, Comedy is Over and I want too much. All over in the blink of an eye. Lots of happy old men. Pint in the sun outside Hartigans before, pint in Grogan's and a kebab in Zaytoon after, half 12 bus home. Pretty much the perfect evening. They sounded better and better as the songs got older. They'd kill it in Jerry's tent.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Good stuff from the lads tonight. Sound a bit muffled I thought but I was up in the balcony so that might be the reason. They were a little bit all over the place at times but in a charming sort of way. Dave, the miserable git, was in top form. Lovely performance of I am afraid, Dave's daughter on vocals and Ferg's on drums and then an amazing encore of No more Apologies, Call me blue, Comedy is Over and I want too much. All over in the blink of an eye. Lots of happy old men. Pint in the sun outside Hartigans before, pint in Grogan's and a kebab in Zaytoon after, half 12 bus home. Pretty much the perfect evening. They sounded better and better as the songs got older. They'd kill it in Jerry's tent.

That sounds class. Would be great in JF's tent but surely enough of us old gits around to bump them up a stage? The Fat Lady Sings, Something Happens and That Petrol Emotion have all had slots in the bigger tents. Whatever happens let's hope they don't disappear under a rock a lá the Cork lads.

That sounds class. Would be great in JF's tent but surely enough of us old gits around to bump them up a stage? The Fat Lady Sings, Something Happens and That Petrol Emotion have all had slots in the bigger tents. Whatever happens let's hope they don't disappear under a rock a lá the Cork lads.

Yeah, fingers crossed. Like I say, Dave enjoyed himself. Maybe he'll get the bug again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Watch Glastonbury from my couch all weekend had got me so excited now!!kaleidoscope seems to have ran well going by comments which is great!

Looking forward to the cure tonight now!

I'm not a fan of the Torygraph but this is an interesting comparison of Glastonbury headliners. And hasn't the Picnic done well? I make it nineteen of those acts having played Stradbally over the past fifteen years.

[HTML]https://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/news/glastonbury-headliner-acts-ranked-worst-best/[/HTML]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

I know The Killers are very pop but I absolutely adore them. Great lyrics, a romantic story in almost every song, Brandon Flowers is getting to be a better front man with age. Saw them at Rock Werchter last year and even they managed to get the Belgian crowd going (not an easy feat). If they were announced for EP this year I’d be ecstatic.

Catching up on Glastonbury coverage now, Hot Chip playing a blinder.

For anyone who doesn’t like Lewis Capaldi, you have to admit his entrance at Glastonbury this weekend was hilarious.

Overall just buzzzzzzing for EP even more just watching this coverage!

Watch Glastonbury from my couch all weekend had got me so excited now!!kaleidoscope seems to have ran well going by comments which is great!

Looking forward to the cure tonight now!

Did you stock up on booze too ;) I avoid making plans so I could watch it

Poorside wrote: »
    I would have kicked several teenagers if there was any around.

Would be nice if Flowers repaid Marr at EP, a Salty dog special appearance.

Speaking of kicking teens, did you see the Idles!!

Difficult moment when you're in the crowd and you see the sweaty lead guitarist about crowd surf over you wearing only boxers. Their gig looked proper Craic.

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife/glastonbury-2019-idles-guitarist-strips-3033535

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭endainoz

Did anyone catch the bit of foals that was on BBC 4 last night? One of the band cut his finger and there was blood all over his guitar, I thought it was some weird design on the guitar but it was definitely blood! Is that a thing that happens them and often seen as they play so hard all the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

endainoz wrote: »
    Did anyone catch the bit of foals that was on BBC 4 last night? One of the band cut his finger and there was blood all over his guitar, I thought it was some weird design on the guitar but it was definitely blood! Is that a thing that happens them and often seen as they play so hard all the time?

As Bill Hicks says ' Look daddy there's a blood bubble coming from his nose.'
    'Shut up and listen to him play.' Hahaha just having the craic Endainoz ;)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Speaking of kicking teens, did you see the Idles!!

Difficult moment when you're in the crowd and you see the sweaty lead guitarist about crowd surf over you wearing only boxers. Their gig looked proper Craic.

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife/glastonbury-2019-idles-guitarist-strips-3033535

singer very emotional at the end

singer very emotional at the end

They're in the Iveagh Gardens with Rolling Blackouts coastal fever and Murder Capital supporting Thursday week. I'm asking myself why i haven't got a ticket for that. Might have to rectify that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Fatfrog wrote:
    Speaking of kicking teens, did you see the Idles!

Think that's his thing, at least each of the three times I've seen them. And he's Irish and a dentist I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Stillill42 wrote: »
    They're in the Iveagh Gardens with Rolling Blackouts coastal fever and Murder Capital supporting Thursday week.

The Claque are the Irish support, not TMC!

• Advertisement

The Claque are the Irish support, not TMC!

You're absolutely correct. I don't know where I got that from.

Advertisement