Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Donald is perhaps definitely kinda NOT coming to Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Trump says America first. When will one of our leaders say the same about Ireland?

I think you'll find when Trump says America first, he means Trump first.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Bit quieter on the world stage wouldn't you agree?

A record number of US bombs dropped on Afghanistan this year, so no. Trump has done exactly what his predecessor did, while also constantly undermining the EU and NATO, praising Russia, starting trade wars, and tried to strangle press freedom. And that's only the start.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 145 ✭✭BliainanAir

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    Nah, I find feverant Catholics abhorrent and dangerous. Thread is about Trumps pending visit, back on topic.

Ah relax yourself..it's Friday evening :)

This is an online message board, i don't know you, you don't know me, so don't make any hasty judgements. We're 2 anonymous posters. If we met as 2 people on a train etc we'd probably get on fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

I'm off. Before i get into trouble:D

My thoughts on Trump.. All US presidents tend to have blood on their hands from various conflicts the US is involved in. Trump probably less than any recent presidents.

At the end of the day he'll get the red carpet etc. Money talks and the other walks. If the US president was Genghis Khan he'd get a warm welcome because of the state he leads.

Why does trump do what he does? He is already a billionaire ..Thats what I dont get why not retire enjoy life

Why does trump do what he does? He is already a billionaire ..Thats what I dont get why not retire enjoy life

Ultimate power? I know what you mean. Considering he's the same age as Clinton (maybe a year older) he's very fresh..if a little orange..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

This is an online message board, i don't know you, you don't know me, so don't make any hasty judgements. If we met as 2 people on a train etc we'd probably get on fine.

So having a go at someone online because of anonymity is ok but if you met them in real life you'd be sound. Look up hypocrisy. You said you were going. Goodnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I think those people just jumped on his band wagon and act like he represents them only, but that is not the case in reality.

To a degree. For one thing, they see him as a vehicle to weaken or dismantle government and give them a freer hand to practice their bigotry out in the open. For another, because he doesn't give a **** about anyone else, and just says and does whatever springs to mind, certain kinds of asocial sociopaths admire his brazenness. They would love to be able to say what they really feel about white genocide or how uppity women have gotten lately, or how certain races should keep to themselves, and are dumber than their race (it's science)

I don't think Trump is much of a thinker, and it's a bit of a fools errand to try and place his core beliefs, beyond attaining as much power and wealth as possible to buttress his ego. In a casual kind of way, he's obviously a sexist and a racist, given the objectifying, discriminatory and dehumanising way he speaks to and about women, black people and immigrants, but I don't think it's a particularly militant set of beliefs that really define his character.

It really is tragic seeing the sort of cult of personality that has arisen around him when he absolutely doesn't give the tiniest ****e about any of them, beyond how he can use them for his own benefit. Truly, they are the biggest cucks of all.

As for coming here. I wouldn't imagine we'll be rolling out the carpet. I don't think that would gel with the new hip, cool image FG are trying to portray, and I don't think being friendly with Trump is much of a vote winner here.

His core is ultimately the Republican core, who'd vote for a literal potato if it secured the Republican nomination, and we don't really have the same sort of theocratic fundamentalists or old southern salt of the earth types to anywhere near the same degree. Even the back woods of Kerry or Donegal are nowhere near as isolated as many parts of the US, and the rural/urban divide isn't as pronounced.

I'd imagine he'll remain largely isolated, stop off, and be on his way. You'll probably get a handful of protesters and counter-protesters standing in the damp, glumly wiggling placards at him, or stammering out cheers through their chattering teeth as he whizzes to and from Shannon in a motercade.

He wouldn't brave Dublin anymore than he did London.

Hope there is a bit of a protest mind. Might be good for a piss up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Get off the internet with your dopey buzz-words.

Sweetie get a sense of humour....

He's absolutely fabulous lol

Once someone has all the wealth they could need, power is the next step. Plus Trump has a huge ego that needs massaging.

So having a go at someone online because of anonymity is ok but if you met them in real life you'd be sound. Look up hypocrisy. You said you were going. Goodnight.

I'm not having a go at you, engaging in serious debate..

Trying to lighten the mood a little Hitman 30000, that's all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

Ultimate power? I know what you mean. Considering he's the same age as Clinton (maybe a year older) he's very fresh..if a little orange..

Like yourself:pac:
    no need for the country to go into meltdown is what I am saying.

Once someone has all the wealth they could need, power is the next step. Plus Trump has a huge ego that needs massaging.

I agree wholeheartedly with this statement. Power and ego.

I'd say Trump is a guy who always likes to have the last word..

Goodnight.

So, what's the response?

Will it be:
    1. Stay away and watch on TV?
    2. Stay away and don't watch on TV?
    3. Proest aggressively?
    4. Protest by turning your back as he rides along in the "breast" - oops, sorry, the "beast"
    5. Do a Miley and don't protest at all at all?
    6. Cheer and fanfare all the way
    7. Lay a wreath outside the neon sign:

why-go-bald-3-arran-henderson-dublin-decoded-walks.jpg?w=2800&h=800&crop=1

Thread needs a poll

I agree wholeheartedly with this statement. Power and ego.

No one likes a suck up .. lol. Take it handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,036 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

So, what's the response?

Will it be:
    1. Stay away and watch on TV?
    2. Stay away and don't watch on TV?
    3. Proest aggressively?
    4. Protest by turning your back as he rides along in the "breast" - oops, sorry, the "beast"
    5. Do a Miley and don't protest at all at all?
    6. Cheer and fanfare all the way
    7. Lay a wreath outside the neon sign:

Thread needs a poll

Go to work, come home, maybe watch a movie or nip out for a few pints; you know - go about life normally?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,036 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

nullzero wrote: »
    You want an act of terrorism in Dublin city center?

/sarcasm.

(I should probably have used one of the smileys, in fainress :o )

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Go to work, come home, maybe watch a movie or nip out for a few pints; you know - go about life normally?

What bands or plays are playing that night? Could be a good gig/concert etc on. Need to plan now. Don't want to have to travel 10 miles to get to a venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I, for one welcome our new orange ape-like overlord.

Thread needs a poll

7 th option. Book tickets en masse and don't turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Let me guess...Air Force One lands at Shannon Airport. Trump heads off for a game of golf. He then gives a press conference wher he threatens/insults everyone, then back to the Airport and back to the US..the whole visit lasts as long as it takes to refuel AF1!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭ouxbbkqtswdfaw

I think he's here for two days.

7 th option. Book tickets en masse and don't turn up.

Awe, don't do that Mr. Hitman. :(

Any way, Mr Hitman....da da da- ..probably not the bestest user name in this thread :)

Pay 5 euro and change it to Mr. Sandman:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭Cody montana

The owners of trump baby are agreeing to loan the trump baby. I suggest you Twitter them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,473 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Remember the harp on the tarmac

Dl9TYcOXsAA-le3.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

07Lapierre wrote: »
    Let me guess...Air Force One lands at Shannon Airport. Trump heads off for a game of golf. He then gives a press conference wher he threatens/insults everyone, then back to the Airport and back to the US..the whole visit lasts as long as it takes to refuel AF1!

It's a nice golf course in fairness.

There's a great point break there too for surfing.

Bass fishing from the beach is productive.

I hope he enjoys his stay, and the cucks and feminists leave him alone.....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,367 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

The owners of trump baby are agreeing to loan the trump baby. I suggest you Twitter them now.

Great idea, just wonderful, I can't wait, that'll show him.

Glazers Out!

Any way, Mr Hitman....da da da- ..probably not the bestest user name in this thread

This coming from someone with Toole as a last name. Thanks but I don't need your opinion on 'bestest' user names.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Bit quieter on the world stage wouldn't you agree?

Not being reported by msm doesn't mean it's not happening

civiliandeaths.svg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

This coming from someone with Toole as a last name. Thanks but I don't need your opinion on 'bestest' user names.

What was that? Attack the post, not the poster and then something about hypocrisy. :pac:

• Advertisement

Awe. Sorry Mr. Hitman. And here's me trying to be funny when your'e being serious. :eek::eek:

I'll step away now. :)

Advertisement