Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Donald is perhaps definitely kinda NOT coming to Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

nthclare wrote: »
    Come on the Donald

Will you be out to greet him? With your red baseball cap?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Poor decisions

Such soft language

Reality is you would be picking pieces of your family out of the rubble after orders were given

But Donald is the bad man

Has Trump changed any of those policies?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 145 ✭✭BliainanAir

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    *You're.

Bit slow that was changed straight away! You really are triggered!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

I can really see the government telling Donald to p*ss off considering how much we rely on FDI. Even when he wasn't POTUS M Noonan was down in Shannon with the red carpet to welcome him. Trump was only visiting his golfcourse then.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,369 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Amirani wrote: »
    I'm no Trump fan, in fact I strongly dislike him. However, there's incredible hypocrisy in statements like this. Obama was responsible for the deaths of thousands of people. Make of that what you will, but don't brush it off as being some "poor decisions" while at the same time lambasting Trump. Complete cognitive dissonance.

Trying to justify it because of what his actions are based on doesn't help - it's scant consolation for the families bombed to pieces under Obama across the Middle-East.

Get off the internet with your logic.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

I can really seeing the government telling Donald to p*ss off considering how much we rely on FDI. Even when he wasn't POTUS M Noonan was down in Shannon with the red carpet to welcome him. Trump was only visiting his golfcourse then.

WTF? Atrocious grammar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭ouxbbkqtswdfaw

Trump says America first. When will one of our leaders say the same about Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,218 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Hopefully he mentions us building a wall and letting the UK pay for it.

make_ireland_great_again_embroidered_hat-rab3d0768f8f249afb6d5c3d801729b12_65wwc_8byvr_512.jpg?rlvnet=1

• Registered Users Posts: 33,038 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

nthclare wrote: »
    Can't wait to see how many infractions come out of this thread.

The snowflakes are ramping up the cuck and feminism approach.

We all know things about Donald but this is about him coming to Ireland not what he did or spoke about.

He's hardly going to call into a cucks or feminists door and insult them is he ????

Sorry, but what's a "cucks or feminists door"? Rhyming slang?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,947 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Let's hope it's a quick stopover in Shannon, and a swing of a golf club in Doonbeg.

I say that as a Dub who doesn't fancy city being shut down again for a visiting VIP!

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Trump says America first. When will one of our leaders say the same about Ireland?

Why would one of our leaders say 'America first' about Ireland? :confused:

May he bring democrazy to our fair isle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Obama got a free run because of his skin colour, and the 2 guys who ran against him were very poor candidates.

ISIS flourished under his watch. He and his wife were the founders of this group, in effect.

odyssey06 wrote:
    I say that as a Dub who doesn't fancy city being shut down again for a visiting VIP!

He'll be brought to Dublin. A visit at the US embassy is traditional. Hopefully the car won't get stuck this time . Although the visit will not be on the scale of Obama.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Has Trump changed any of those policies?

Bit quieter on the world stage wouldn't you agree?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

BlianinanAir & Hitman3000, sound like two people desperate to get together but neither can admit it. Ffs. I've forgotten what this thread was about.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

i don't seem to have the same quantity, quantity being the operative word, of time to devote to message boards.

Says the person posting on a message board...clocking up 135 posts...since June :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,218 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

We need a Trump Tower in Dublin City, build it 3 times higher than Liberty Hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Amirani wrote: »
    I'm no Trump fan, in fact I strongly dislike him. However, there's incredible hypocrisy in statements like this. Obama was responsible for the deaths of thousands of people. Make of that what you will, but don't brush it off as being some "poor decisions" while at the same time lambasting Trump. Complete cognitive dissonance.

Trying to justify it because of what his actions are based on doesn't help - it's scant consolation for the families bombed to pieces under Obama across the Middle-East.

At no point did I justify their actions. I said they made poor decisions and I stand by that. I also said I think they were good people overall and I stand by that. In general I think their motivations were good but I don't give them a pass for that. In contrast Trump is despicable in every way and all his decisions reflect his horrible personality. There is no redeemable part of him and his decisions will affect a lot more people negatively in a lot more ways.

The parents knew what would happen the children.

Again, why does that matter? If a parent sells their child on the internet to a child abuser do you excuse the child abuser because "the parents knew what would happen"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭mattser

WTF? Atrocious grammar.

😂 Touche

• Advertisement

Says the person posting on a message board...clocking up 135 posts...since June :D

Shur that's nothing..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,038 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

We need a Trump Tower in Dublin City, build it 3 times higher than Liberty Hall.

So we can give it the same fate as Nelson's Column?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

At no point did I justify their actions. I said they made poor decisions and I stand by that. I also said I think they were good people overall and I stand by that. In general I think their motivations were good but I don't give them a pass for that. In contrast Trump is despicable in every way and all his decisions reflect his horrible personality. There is no redeemable part of him and his decisions will affect a lot more people negatively in a lot more ways.

Again, why does that matter? If a parent sells their child on the internet to a child abuser do you excuse the child abuser because "the parents knew what would happen"?

What makes them good people?

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,947 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

He'll be brought to Dublin. A visit at the US embassy is traditional. Hopefully the car won't get stuck this time . Although the visit will not be on the scale of Obama.

Balls. Note to self, WFH that day!

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Gerry we need you to come out of retirement for one final job.

rizzodun wrote:
    BlianinanAir & Hitman3000, sound like two people desperate to get together but neither can admit it. Ffs. I've forgotten what this thread was about.

Nah, I find feverant Catholics abhorrent and dangerous. Thread is about Trumps pending visit, back on topic.

So we can give it the same fate as Nelson's Column?

You want an act of terrorism in Dublin city center?

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

Trump is welcome here far as I am concerned,no point alienating the US .. I have seen nothing in the reign of this president that would lead me to hate him ..seems an ok guy ..mudslinging is one thing but it does not stick to him ..My fear is that haters from all over europe will come here with their bs and trash the place in the name of hating trump...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭ouxbbkqtswdfaw

Why would one of our leaders say 'America first' about Ireland?

You have a point, seeing that our economy is dependent on America.

• Advertisement

I'm off. Before i get into trouble:D

My thoughts on Trump.. All US presidents tend to have blood on their hands from various conflicts the US is involved in. Trump probably less than any recent presidents.

At the end of the day he'll get the red carpet etc. Money talks and the other walks. If the US president was Genghis Khan he'd get a warm welcome because of the state he leads.

Advertisement