Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Special Event - September 12th

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

What do you mean that others haven't come close, which aspect?
    My wireless earphones have over twice the battery of airbuds (12 hours vs 5), are 100 bucks cheaper and have much better sound. Mine do have a wire between the two ears which is something I wanted, but I'm sure there are other contenders without if people care about that. I do like the little charging thing they slot into though.
    I've had wireless before, but nothing that just connects instantly and automatically without fail when you pop it in your ear. No wire between works for me as sometimes I need one ear open for something else. I don't want noise cancelling as I prefer some awareness of background when walking/cycling. Quality is fine for podcasts and calls. A beautifully ergonomic case that charges them is the cherry on top. It's what makes them truly wireless.

It all depends what you want from wireless buds. YMMV.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Whats stupid? The last phone was the X and they added an S like they do every 2nd year. Not understanding.

apple naming has always been relatively simple. I dont think this is the case here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

godtabh wrote: »
    apple naming has always been relatively simple. I dont think this is the case here.

$400 Apple care theft and loss?!? The X was the first time I didn't buy Apple care plus. Luckily I haven't come to regret that (yet), but it looks like I won't be buying it in the future either.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

$400 Apple care theft and loss?!? The X was the first time I didn't buy Apple care plus. Luckily I haven't come to regret that (yet), but it looks like I won't be buying it in the future either.

Was that meant to be for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Not sure why people are getting so hung up on the naming this year.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new phones this year, I have a iPhone 7 that is staring to get worse for wear.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

one hour to go!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭brevity

Feels weird getting excited for phone announcements but here I am.

Will be jumping for Android to iPhone this year... hopefully the prices are competitive but I feel I'll end up with the first generation X or 8 plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

With the stupid names does that mean the stupid notch is staying? (Yea I know it can be turned off)
    Notch can’t be turned off :D You must be thinking of the android feature that allows you to black out either side of it.

But yeah, the notch won’t be going anywhere anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

So a leak from the website confirms xs coming in 64 , 256 and 512 GB versions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Dades wrote: »
    I've had wireless before, but nothing that just connects instantly and automatically without fail when you pop it in your ear. No wire between works for me as sometimes I need one ear open for something else. I don't want noise cancelling as I prefer some awareness of background when walking/cycling. Quality is fine for podcasts and calls. A beautifully ergonomic case that charges them is the cherry on top. It's what makes them truly wireless.

It all depends what you want from wireless buds. YMMV.

I’ve wireless headphones that I picked up in the States for $25. Not once have they failed to connect to my iPhone, and they connect instantly once they’re switched on. The quality is excellent and the battery life is superb. The airpod case is nice (especially the snap when it closes), but it’s a novelty. AirPods are one of the Apple products that I just cannot get behind.

• Advertisement

Notorious wrote: »
    I’ve wireless headphones that I picked up in the States for $25. Not once have they failed to connect to my iPhone, and they connect instantly once they’re switched on. The quality is excellent and the battery life is superb. The airpod case is nice (especially the snap when it closes), but it’s a novelty. AirPods are one of the Apple products that I just cannot get behind.

I was the exact same but then I bought them. They are head and shoulders bettter than other stuff I bought

Jungle getting a nice push with the music

Here we go

Siri for AirPods

And teleporting

NFC?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Retail experience?! Pfft… what retail experience?

Watch time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I’d like an Apple Watch. The thing is you have to wear it all the time… and I own 40 watches lol.

30 % larger screens

• Advertisement

I've not been tempted but might get one this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

peteeeed wrote: »
    30 % larger screens

The larger screen is definitely appealing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Fairly interesting update there. Probably will get my first AW

EDIT:

well I did try out a series 0 for a while which was only ok.

2 times faster performance , this looks good

Wait , it's the apple watch now coming with a air bag ��

ECG ? wowee

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

This is amazing! ECG on your watch!

Mine will be off the scale by the time I pay for everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

I would like to get one for my aging mother but.... price matters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

I've got Afib, so they're talking to me.

Advertisement