Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Special Event - September 12th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

DubDJ wrote: »
    Haven’t seen any rumours of this so far, all I’ve seen is that the new Xs might get a €100 price drop, with the plus/max version will take the original X price of $1000 or €1179 for Ireland.

Maybe your getting mixed up with the cheaper LCD version that’s supposed to be taking the iPhone 8’s price point.

There have been plenty of rumours about the prices such as below:
    The iPhone X was positioned by Apple as a premium iPhone with a premium price - starting at £999/$999, while the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus were priced at £699/$699 and £799/$799. Will the 2018 models follow suit?

Respected analyst Ming-Chi Kuo's first research note since departing KGI Securities in April suggested that Apple will be offering a "more aggressive" pricing strategy this year.

He believes that Apple is concerned about "the negative impact of a higher price," but also that it has an improved cost structure thanks to assembly yield improvements. He suggests the following prices:

5.8in "iPhone X" will be $800-$900 (down from $999).
    6.5in "iPhone X Plus" will cost $900-$1,000.
    6.1in LCD model will be $600-$700.

Article link

Also in the video below at around 9 minutes he talks about prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

murpho999 wrote: »
    There have been plenty of rumours about the prices such as below:
    The iPhone X was positioned by Apple as a premium iPhone with a premium price - starting at £999/$999, while the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus were priced at £699/$699 and £799/$799. Will the 2018 models follow suit?

Respected analyst Ming-Chi Kuo's first research note since departing KGI Securities in April suggested that Apple will be offering a "more aggressive" pricing strategy this year.

He believes that Apple is concerned about "the negative impact of a higher price," but also that it has an improved cost structure thanks to assembly yield improvements. He suggests the following prices:

5.8in "iPhone X" will be $800-$900 (down from $999).
    6.5in "iPhone X Plus" will cost $900-$1,000.
    6.1in LCD model will be $600-$700.

Article link

Also in the video below at around 9 minutes he talks about prices.

The article suggests what I said earlier though, that the LCD model will be positioned to replace the 8 in that price slot. Although they said a $100-$200 price drop of the XS its more likely going to be closer to $100.

I personally think the lineup will go like this:
    iPhone 8 - $599
    iPhone 8 Plus - $699
    iPhone Xc- $799
    iPhone Xs - $899
    iPhone Xs Max - $999

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

The article suggests what I said earlier though, that the LCD model will be positioned to replace the 8 in that price slot. Although they said a $100-$200 price drop of the XS its more likely going to be closer to $100.

iPhone 8 - $599
    iPhone 8 Plus - $699
    iPhone Xc- $799
    iPhone Xs - $899
    iPhone Xs Max - $999

My fear in regards to price drops is that Apple may try and offset the costs of Trump's tariffs throughout the world. CEX showing almost 800 euro for my X. Tempted, but do I really need to change it when the phone is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

iPhone 8 - $599
    iPhone 8 Plus - $699
    iPhone Xc- $799
    iPhone Xs - $899
    iPhone Xs Max - $999

Yeh the price is a hard one to call this year.

9to5 MAC. Have it higher.
    https://9to5mac.com/2018/09/08/analysts-admit-they-were-wrong-about-iphone-x-predict-849-price-for-6-1-lcd-iphone/

“Goldman estimates Apple will price the iPhone 9 at $849, rather than the $699 some have speculated. The firm sees “some flexibility down to $800” for the iPhone 9 offering but doubts Apple will “go for lower price points” after iPhone X demand was more than expected the last few months.

“Apple is once again proving itself tough to bet against,” Hall added.”

Sure we will know on a few days. Going on the x last year. I prefer to go higher. That way I won’t be as disappointed (o:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Phone company in China has basically confirmed that one of the new models will have dual sim. Wethers it’s the 6.1 only or all the 2018 models who knows.

I’m kinda hoping it’s all models, data roaming in the states is an expensive habit, it will be so handy to have a sim free slot available to stick a local sim in to!

• Advertisement

eeloe wrote: »
    Phone company in China has basically confirmed that one of the new models will have dual sim. Wethers it’s the 6.1 only or all the 2018 models who knows.

I’m kinda hoping it’s all models, data roaming in the states is an expensive habit, it will be so handy to have a sim free slot available to stick a local sim in to!

It’s more than likely going to be restricted to countries where dual-sim is popular/necessary. I doubt they’ll release it in Ireland though.

Wishful thinking I know, but still!

My last phone bill from a 2 weeks trip was feckin eye watering!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

so this is supposedly the 6.1 xc

https://twitter.com/Slashleaks/status/1037617326483537920

also back of xs retail box

DmpbeiTWsAAexR6.jpg

no more lightning to headphone jack!!!

Did anyone ever use it anyway? haha

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it went on to my Bose QC25 headphone cable and lived inside my Bose QC25 carrying case ever since. It might as well be attached from the factory.

I really need to invest in a pair of wireless noise cancelling headphones but there's no good ones with the apple W1-2 chip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭BigMoose

When my QC35s broke I had to use it - only when I was on a 16 hour flight did I realise I was going to struggle to listen to music and charge the poxy phone at the same time! The wife since stole it to put on the cable in her car so I had to buy another one...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I bought one for the car, still in its box as I found this before I could cancel the order for the adapter :pac:.

i use it to connect my phone to speakers in work

this is rumoured for the ipad pro only i think, all new phones will stay with lightning for now

peteeeed wrote: »
    this is rumoured for the ipad pro only i think, all new phones will stay with lightning for now

It’s not the port that’s not included, it’s the little lightning to headphone jack adapter/dongle that’s included in the box.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

Wireless all the way. AirPods and QC 35’s. Couldn’t go back.

AirPods were a game changer for em! :)

Love them. I bring them everywhere with me. I just wish I got them before the QC 35’s. They are been wasted now!

We’ve come a long way. I remember trying to go for a run with a discman and wired headphones years ago when I was a teenager. You can imagine how that went 😆

Now we have IPhones, Bluetooth Headphones, Spotify and Apple Music streaming, we are spoilt!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

I’m thinking of getting the series 4 Apple Watch, does anyone know when Compub would have it? Thinking it may be worth waiting as you get a two year guarantee.

If Ireland is in the first wave of release countries, which it has been the last couple of years, expect them to be available on September 21st.

If we aren't in the first wave, could be any time.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

tony1980 wrote: »
    We’ve come a long way. I remember trying to go for a run with a discman and wired headphones years ago when I was a teenager. You can imagine how that went ��
    Ha - times have changed alright!

I used to have a six-CD changer in the boot of my vintage Fiat, suspended by rubber bands within an empty box to minimise skipping.

Spotify + Bluetooth FTW. :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

If Ireland is in the first wave of release countries, which it has been the last couple of years, expect them to be available on September 21st.

If we aren't in the first wave, could be any time.

My wife will be in San Francisco then. Hoping to pick up a series for to replace the original if there is a bit of savings to be made.

Kagawa wrote: »
    I’m thinking of getting the series 4 Apple Watch, does anyone know when Compub would have it? Thinking it may be worth waiting as you get a two year guarantee.

Doesn’t Apple offer a 2 year warranty on all products either way, online included? I thought they were required to either way, and can vaguely remember reading something when I was checking a warranty repair recently that mentioned offering a 2 year Irish warranty under law. Or is the guarantee different from the warranty?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Dunno why but I’m holding off buying the AirPods in the hope that something will be announced tomorrow when I know it won’t.

Have had various Bluetooth earbuds/headphones in my amazon basket in the last few days but have resisted in the hope of AirPod news. :pac:

I spent a good bit of time looking for decent Bluetooth earphones. Wanted them for running mainly, and had gone though 4 pairs that I was never happy with and kept coming loose while running.

After spending a few weeks looking around I decided to just try the AirPods, they were about a year old at that stage.

I absolutely love them, they’re great for running and just really convenient. I criticised them when they were first announced and thought they were ridiculous. Now I think they’re one of Apple’s most underrated products.

I used them for The Rotterdam marathon back in April. I did use some surgical tape that day due to the sweat. They were great, you forget they are even there. They are my favorite Apple Product.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Same here, I thought they were silly. Switched from Android to an SE lately for the size and the missus got me some airpods cos I didnt want anything in particular, I use them so often its great! Fantastic product although I am not enjoying iOS so much, but airpods work just as great on android as I tested today!

• Advertisement

Out of curiosity, what are your main issues with IOS?

Advertisement