Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 OCALLAA5

Roddy23 wrote: »
    Does anybody know if you’ve a family camping ticket can you camp in the weekend camping areas with other non family camping tickets?

I'm in the same boat as you - I've asked a few people and general consensus seems to be that there won't be any issues. Obviously we can't camp in the family campsite!

I've taken another poster's suggestion and offered them on Toutless to swap for general camping just in case there might be a couple who change their mind and want to bring their kids. Nobody biting yet but that could well change in the week leading up the festival!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭Toast

The main page has everything that I've seen announced.... just in a confusing mish-mash order. I wanted to make a better playlist for the festival so I grabbed a list with some linux fu and here is everything listed on the main page in alphabetical order (assuming I haven't messed something up):

A LAZARUS SOUL
    Alfi
    ANGIE MCMAHON
    Anna Calvi (Solo)
    A Smyth
    Backroad Smokers Club
    BEDOUINE
    Ben UFO
    BEOGA
    Black Midi
    Bombay Bicycle Club
    Booka Brass
    Brame & Hamo
    Carlton Doom
    Daithi
    Erol Alkan
    Eve Clague Band
    Father John Misty
    Fat Pablo
    Fehdah
    Fontaines D.C
    Galway Street Club
    George Fitzgerald Live
    Glasshouse Performing Holocene
    GREAT DAD
    Gus Dapperton
    Hammer
    Hot Chip
    Jayda G
    John Francis Flynn
    John Francis Flynn
    John Grant
    Jon Hopkins Live
    Josonzz
    Josh Wink
    Junior Brother
    JURASSIC 5'S SOUP PRESENTS: FULLEE LOVE COLLECTIVE
    Just Mustard
    Kamaal Williams
    KEAN KAVANGH
    Kelly-Anne Byrne (Prince Tribute)
    Kiasmos Live
    King Kong Company
    King Lagoon's Flying Swordfish Dance Band
    Kitt Philippa
    KOJAQUE & THE SOFT BOY BAND
    Leftfield DJ
    Lisa Hannigan & Stargaze
    London Astrobeat Orchestra Performing Talking Heads
    Lost & Sound
    Loyle Carner
    Marion Hawkes
    Maroon Town
    Moodymann
    Nathan Micay
    Neneh Cherry
    New York Brass Band
    Nite Fleit
    ODD MORRIS
    afur Arnalds
    Or.la
    Papa Rua
    박혜진 Park Hye Jin
    Patti Smith
    Pillow Queens
    PrYmary Colours
    Pussy Riot
    RIMON
    Rob De Boer
    RTCONCERT ORCHESTRA PERFORMING LEONARD COHEN
    SAINT SISTER
    Ships
    Sing Along Social
    SOAK
    Stevie G
    Swingrowers
    The Claque
    The Good, The Bad & The Queen
    The Murder Capital
    The National
    The Wailers
    Tourist
    Trinity Orchestra Funk It UP
    Tunng
    West Cork Ukulele Orchestra

and here is a spotgen created playlist based on the "top ten" from the above:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0Y9FRnIxDytIusWuygoGSb

If there was a cover band I added the original artist... so Leonard Cohen is there as the RTE orchestra is doing Cohen stuff... etc. Also the spotify top ten algorithm is based on top ten for a recent period of time so it seems to lean towards new releases.

If someone is announced and not on the list (or Spotgen selected the totally wrong band in the playlist (I already weeded out the completely wrong Glassdoor)) let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

I think he said before that it pulls the data from Clashfinder, so once the stage times are released, if someone starts a clashfinder for ATN and adds the stages/acts, the Festable app should be able to get the times from that.

ATN are replying to the Facebook eager beavers (who want to know stage times) with 'they will be available on the app when it's launched closer to the festival'.

T'would be a nice addition to proceedings.....hopefully they set it up with a clashfinder layout!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Just at a glance, mick flannery not on that list?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

FreeRanger wrote: »
    Are they strict in preventing people from sleeping in vans in the general car park? Will be travelling in my van - might throw a mattress in the back.

I know it states it's not permitted!

Sorry if this has already been answered.

You should be fine, it's rarely enforced unless it's bleeding obvious with music blaring and a whole little village for yourself setup. Keep in mind for though there is a pretty scary reason they don't allow it, Google boomtown far carpark fire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I think he said before that it pulls the data from Clashfinder, so once the stage times are released, if someone starts a clashfinder for ATN and adds the stages/acts, the Festable app should be able to get the times from that.

This is exactly it. Same app works for any festival that has a clashfinder.

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Just at a glance, mick flannery not on that list?

Thanks. He's self confirmed but not officially announced so he's not on https://www.alltogethernow.ie/ yet which is where the list is taken from. I've added him to the playlist now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Toast wrote: »
    Thanks. He's self confirmed but not officially announced so he's not on https://www.alltogethernow.ie/ yet which is where the list is taken from. I've added him to the playlist now.

He's on the poster from today for what it's worth

https://twitter.com/ATNfestival/status/1150700277886017537

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Toast wrote: »

He was officially announced on their twitter :)

That's just what I was talking about earlier. It's funny is all

He's on the poster from today for what it's worth

https://twitter.com/ATNfestival/status/1150700277886017537

Thanks.. I hadn't seen that announcement and it hasn't made it as far as the list on the web page. I added below to the playlist:

R.Kitt
    Joshua Burnside
    Fehdah
    hetuzozaho wrote: »
    He was officially announced on their twitter :)

That's just what I was talking about earlier. It's funny is all

I see what your saying now. My guess is probably they're late confirmations and the necessary media/blurb hasn't made it to the web team yet. Kitt Philippa is on the site and is part of the same announcement. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

FreeRanger wrote: »
    Are they strict in preventing people from sleeping in vans in the general car park?

Not sure on the definitive stance on this, but other festivals usually have a cut-off point each night when you can go to the car park. So you will have to be in the van by a certain time and possibly miss some of the late night acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

hankless wrote: »
    Not sure on the definitive stance on this, but other festivals usually have a cut-off point each night when you can go to the car park. So you will have to be in the van by a certain time and possibly miss some of the late night acts.

no I definitely have vague recollections of being out in the carpark very late at night last year. Think I was accompanying my mate to get something from his car.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

super R. Kitt - the 'unce unce unce' gods were listening to my moans..

• Registered Users Posts: 40 intothecold

Does anyone know how strict the search was coming in from the carpark to the boutique camping last year? I'm wondering how much drink I can get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

Does anyone know how strict the search was coming in from the carpark to the boutique camping last year? I'm wondering how much drink I can get in.

full on cavity with sniffer dogs.

drinkwise as long as your not taking the piss over the limit its usually fine.

Will 2 slabs and a few litres of pre mixed vodka be ok would you think?
    And sniffer dogs? Really? Have never seen them at an Irish festival before as far as I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

And sniffer dogs? Really? Have never seen them at an Irish festival before as far as I can remember.

One of the dogs detected cocaine on some bloke, he was searched but they found nothing even though the dog was still barking so the police made him go for a shít on the grass just beside the queue in full view of everyone. Out popped a plastic bag.

Capture.png

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    full on cavity with sniffer dogs.

drinkwise as long as your not taking the piss over the limit its usually fine.

there actually was sniffer dogs last year for what its worth. The festival staff were incredibly laid back, but there was adog presence. Having said that, they didn't sniff anything I had so.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Yep was dogs at the entrance last year

The Nal wrote: »
    One of the dogs detected cocaine on some bloke, he was searched but they found nothing even though the dog was still barking so the police made him go for a shon the grass just beside the queue in full view of everyone. Out popped a plastic bag.

Capture.png

That "report" date is from before the festival happened last year. Must be an incredible journalist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,448 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I presume the Wailers will be on in the early Sunday afternoon slot on the main stage, the time Jimmy Cliff was supposed to play but was delayed because of flight problems. Of course, we all know he eventually made it and blew the roof off the blue tent in the early hours of Monday morning. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,448 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

DQ do you have a proper link to that story I tried to google the headline and nothing is coming up.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

DQ do you have a proper link to that story I tried to google the headline and nothing is coming up.

The Nal posted it. I think its bollox tbh.

The date on the report is sat july 21st 2018. Which is two weeks before ATN even happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

D.Q wrote: »
    The Nal posted it. I think its bollox tbh.

The date on the report is sat july 21st 2018. Which is two weeks before ATN even happened.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I know its Monday lads, but really !

:D:D:D:D

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

If i remember correctly someone made that last year taking the piss,but in saying that there was sniffer dogs at it last year...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Ctrl, alt, delete, get home and back to bed lads.

I highly doubt they were actually sniffer dogs, the dogs senses would be going crazy with the amount of people going into the festival. Probably more of a scare tactic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

D.Q wrote: »
    there actually was sniffer dogs last year for what its worth. The festival staff were incredibly laid back, but there was adog presence. Having said that, they didn't sniff anything I had so.

The Garda presence last year was pretty heavy handed. Four mates got done for having a tiny amount of weekend delights. Thing is, they were all caught separately, in and out of the campsites. So there was a heavy undercover presence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭endainoz

The Nal wrote:
    Ctrl, alt, delete, get home and back to bed lads.

My god your hilarious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

MJohnston wrote: »
    The Garda presence last year was pretty heavy handed. Four mates got done for having a tiny amount of weekend delights. Thing is, they were all caught separately, in and out of the campsites. So there was a heavy undercover presence.

Proper order.

Great to hear.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

Advertisement