Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭Stillill42

RINO87 wrote: »
    I mentioned it a few pages back so you might have missed it, but lidl are now doing a decent range of 330ml cans of various types of IPA, for around the 1.10-1.20 mark. They are more than grand for the price.
    Sort of a review type job of them here:
    http://captainbrilliant.co.uk/index.php/2018/08/05/lidl-me-this/

Somebody mentioned the Larkins IPA? Where has this been seen in Cans? I had a pint of it in Cork after a long cycle in the heat on Saturday and Holy Moly did it hit the spot!
    Got it in OBriens, Naas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

RINO87 wrote: »
    I mentioned it a few pages back so you might have missed it, but lidl are now doing a decent range of 330ml cans of various types of IPA, for around the 1.10-1.20 mark. They are more than grand for the price.
    Sort of a review type job of them here:
    http://captainbrilliant.co.uk/index.php/2018/08/05/lidl-me-this/

Somebody mentioned the Larkins IPA? Where has this been seen in Cans? I had a pint of it in Cork after a long cycle in the heat on Saturday and Holy Moly did it hit the spot!
    Picked up a few of these the other day after your post. Only tried the American IPA so far, but pretty decent, and more importantly for festival-bulk-buying, a good price!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RINO87

Thanks - might check those Lidl cans as an alternative! I'd had some Aldi ones in bottles before which were okay but didn't know there were many can options going!

I have seen Larkins in cans in O'Briens off licence in Douglas and in Bradley's on North Main Street in Cork. I would be pretty sure it's also in Number 21 off licence on MacCurtain St too.

Apols if you're not Cork-based, I can't help!

Thanks, yes I'm in Cork so will look out for them. It was the Summer IPA I had on Saturday in Abbott's ale house, perfect for a sunny day!

Seeing as we are talking about beers, we need to think of how to carry them. Any good deals around on camping trolleys/sack trucks? I had the small regatta one last year but it fell to pieces going up the hill in the main arena (I had to collect a wristband, so parking was at the boutique car park but i wanted to join my mates in the main campsite). Looking for something more robust that wont break the bank

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Haha when were Brame and Hamo added?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Would the campervan site not have a similar risk in hot weather?

This is the reason that there is a rule about being 3 metres from your neighbours in the campervan field. Its H&S stuff.

ATN campervan field was pretty chaotic last year. There is no way I could have got my caravan out on the Saturday as there was no clear route out. Hopefully the fire rules are enforced a little better this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

This is the reason that there is a rule about being 3 metres from your neighbours in the campervan field. Its H&S stuff.

ATN campervan field was pretty chaotic last year. There is no way I could have got my caravan out on the Saturday as there was no clear route out. Hopefully the fire rules are enforced a little better this year.

Pretty sure John Reynolds himself was directing traffic in the campervan field last year! But yeah, I've never seen it so crammed at a festival before.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

Folks,
    Were they strict in terms of re enterring with BYO booze each day last year?

Staying off site so going by ATN rules I'll only be able to bring my own cans in on the first day when I get my wristband.

Maybe I'll buy a super cheap tent just to house my cans....

Folks,

Staying off site so going by ATN rules I'll only be able to bring my own cans in on the first day when I get my wristband.

Great idea, Lester. Let us know where you park it so we can, ahem, keep an eye on it for you.

just realised they aren't allowing standard plastic bottles. Will bring some pouches so.

D.Q wrote: »
    just realised they aren't allowing standard plastic bottles. Will bring some pouches so.

Excuse my ignorance. What do you bring your spirits in so?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Are they not allowing any plastic bottles onsite I just thought they weren't selling any, I thought you could still transfer spirits into a plastic bottle to bring?

Can I bring my own alcohol ?

Yes, each person on a weekend camping ticket only is allowed to bring 24 cans OR 1 litre of Spirits OR 1.5 litre of Wine for personal consumption subject to initial entry only. These can be brought into the campsite and main arena. No glass bottles are allowed. Please decant your alcohol into stainless steel bottles or re-usable bottles. Please do not bring any single-use plastic bottles to the festival. Please drink responsibly.
    Alcohol can be brought onto site at time of first entry only. There is no re-entry with alcohol once wristbanded.

I'm assuming single use plastic your standard 2l bottles of coke etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kg703

Can I bring my own alcohol ?

Yes, each person on a weekend camping ticket only is allowed to bring 24 cans OR 1 litre of Spirits OR 1.5 litre of Wine for personal consumption subject to initial entry only. These can be brought into the campsite and main arena. No glass bottles are allowed. Please decant your alcohol into stainless steel bottles or re-usable bottles. Please do not bring any single-use plastic bottles to the festival. Please drink responsibly.
    Alcohol can be brought onto site at time of first entry only. There is no re-entry with alcohol once wristbanded.

I'm assuming single use plastic your standard 2l bottles of coke etc?

Technically if I have a litre of tequila in an old coke bottle that’s reusable plastic....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Folks,

I have done this at EP many times. Stay in campervan field, but pitch a little popup tent down in hendrix near the arena entry early on Friday. Pop in a cooler box of cans for later. A few years back I was dropping in some fresh cans on the Sunday and a neighbour was "hey buddy, is that your tent!". I explained what I was doing and shared a a can and a chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

that doesn't say they're not allowed.

I'll be pouring my alcohol into plastic soft drink bottles. Some may consider them "single-use plastic", in my mind, I've re-used that bottle.

I'd imagine 95% of alcohol brought will be decanted from a glass bottle anyway (which will never be used again), so whatever it's going to be put into after that is "reusable"....

Are all plastic bottles not technically reusable? Dunno, its not very clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Are all plastic bottles not technically reusable? Dunno, its not very clear.

It doesn't sound like an enforceable rule as they are not offering acceptable bottles to decant to.

It doesn't sound like an enforceable rule as they are not offering acceptable bottles to decant to.

would agree with this. Seems more like they are asking people not to as opposed to outright saying they can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭darzog

I have done this at EP many times. Stay in campervan field, but pitch a little popup tent down in hendrix near the arena entry early on Friday. Pop in a cooler box of cans for later. A few years back I was dropping in some fresh cans on the Sunday and a neighbour was "hey buddy, is that your tent!". I explained what I was doing and shared a a can and a chat.

Yep, we do that too. Known by us as the E.R. tent. It got ripped off one year, but the ‘little delight’ that did it made off with the princely sum of four cans (slap it up ye!) It always amuses me to see the looks on the beglittered 18 year-olds faces when a portly, beardy middle-aged bloke turns up to this tiny tent that has been ostensibly ‘unoccupied’ all weekend for a drink and a sit-down. Does not compute...!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Peesh89

Belgittered is a bloody fantastic word.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

would agree with this. Seems more like they are asking people not to as opposed to outright saying they can't.

This is it I'd say.

I decanted my wine into those tough plastic cycling bottles, but mates of mine chucked their whisky into a single use water bottle and there was no drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Folks,

Think they were pretty strict on this alright. We left on the Sunday last year and were told a few times as we headed out that we wouldn't be getting back in with any sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭eplady2017

Are they not allowing any plastic bottles onsite I just thought they weren't selling any, I thought you could still transfer spirits into a plastic bottle to bring?

I also read it more like 'discouraging' people rather than an outright ban..

can anyone remember, once you bring your drink in, and go back out to the car with your wristband, the re-entry, is that the exact same queue as the first entry people, or is it a totally different stream?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Anyone have any decent shouts for deals on nice IPAs, session IPAs, etc in cans at the moment? That's next on my list - I'm thinking a mix of nice beers in the 3.5-4.5% mark and then maybe 8-10 cans of bog standard lager to fill in the gaps. I don't do spirits or cider.

I'm thinking the likes of Founders All Day IPA, anything Brewdog, etc or, ideally, some nice stuff from Wicklow Wolf, Larkins, Whiplash, etc, though the latter three might be above my weekend budget!!

Metalman is the local Waterford beer and it's great:

https://www.drinkstore.ie/Metalman-Pale-Ale-Can-330ML-799439035157-7922/1/

A newer IPA that I haven't tried yet:

https://www.drinkstore.ie/Metalman-Ironmonger-IPA-330ML-797776037605-8928/1/

A sort of "local if you squint" beer is Yellowbelly in Wexford. They do excellent stuff, particularly their Citra with its steampunk label:

https://www.drinkstore.ie/Yellowbelly-Citra-Pale-Ale-Can-330ML-5391529120184-9291/1/

https://www.drinkstore.ie/Yellowbelly-On-The-Fritz-Can-5391529120276-9687/1/

Yellowbelly are a good shout because the cans are 440mls rather than 330.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Just back from some travelling and getting very excited for this. Defo going to miss some acts with clashes and such. Pass the bucky

They defo don't want you bringing the plastic bottles in. Even in the faq section on soft drinks they say cans only, no no bottles. They most certainly wouldn't turn anyone away, though. A legal minefield, I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

sports direct stores have these for sale behind the counter, could be dead handy :

https://www.kickbacksports.co.uk/sportsdirect-folding-water-bottle-898108?colcode=89810818

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭dodo87

Same was up last year about the bottles and all our group brought normal plastic bottles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

miller82 wrote: »
    sports direct stores have these for sale behind the counter, could be dead handy :

https://www.kickbacksports.co.uk/sportsdirect-folding-water-bottle-898108?colcode=89810818

Oh very good Miller. I like the looks of those, perfect for water anyway!

Advertisement