Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Folks myself and my crew have never done boutique camping before but we are this year - bellepads I think they are called. Question- what is the deal in boutique re space around your tent for pulling up a few chair, cracking open some cans, listening to tunes and chatting, is there room for that? Is it allowed? I ask as I love that as much as anything else over a festival weekend and I’m afraid because we are going all fancy we will lose that element.

Unfortunately not allowed. Standing in total silence is the proper boutique etiquette.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

D.Q wrote: »
    Unfortunately not allowed. Standing in total silence is the proper boutique etiquette.

:D

Oh god I hope that is joke :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Folks myself and my crew have never done boutique camping before but we are this year - bellepads I think they are called. Question- what is the deal in boutique re space around your tent for pulling up a few chair, cracking open some cans, listening to tunes and chatting, is there room for that? Is it allowed? I ask as I love that as much as anything else over a festival weekend and I’m afraid because we are going all fancy we will lose that element.

From what I could see from my meagre lodgings in tangerine fields, there was plenty of the aforementioned tomfoolery in at the bellepads!

I’m hoping for a little more space in between tent
    Rows in TF this year. We got the end of a row last year, so there was plenty of room for a few seats and some shenanigans! Other’s weren’t so lucky and were just about able to get a seat or two outside the tent!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

@El Director of course that's allowed, the craic during the day & evening is great but don't get sloshed at your tent and end up missing the music. And remember, boutique campers pay that extra money for an area where people are pretty much respectful of others, especially at the wee hours of the morning, sitting around belting out Wonderwall at 5am probably won't go down well with your neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

And remember, boutique campers pay that extra money for an area where people are pretty much respectful of others, especially at the wee hours of the morning, sitting around belting out Wonderwall at 5am probably won't go down well with your neighbours.

This would be a paddling in any surroundings, boutique or not!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

greenspurs wrote: »
    People buy drugs -> dealers -> bigger dealers -> drug 'barons'

Oh buddy, hope you never find out what's involved with making an iPhone!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Were the dogs at both entrances to the site, main entrance and family boutique entrance, seems a bit heavy handed for what is billed as a family friendly festival. Over last few years I've been at FFF, Beatyard, Longitude and EP in Ireland and I cant really recall seeing sniffer dogs at entrance. Maybe I just wasnt paying attention.

there have definitely been sniffer dogs at EP before, saw one at the paintball entrance a few years back, like this type:

6955745.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=responsive-gallery

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭joinme

Did anyone stay off site last year or planning to this year? I'm looking to find out what the taxi situation was like, is it best to have a driver on call ? And how far a walk is it from the main arena to the taxi pick up point? Thanks and sorry if already asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

joinme wrote: »
    Did anyone stay off site last year or planning to this year? I'm looking to find out what the taxi situation was like, is it best to have a driver on call ? And how far a walk is it from the main arena to the taxi pick up point? Thanks and sorry if already asked.

I live locally, when we got the shuttles off the festival site there were plenty of people waiting on pre-booked taxis but none on standby. I'd be recommending having someone booked if possible.

Think it was less than 15 mins from the main arena to the shuttles. Out through the canping area, along the perimeter wall and past the carpark. Not a bad walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭sporina

c - 13 wrote: »
    I live locally, when we got the shuttles off the festival site there were plenty of people waiting on pre-booked taxis but none on standby. I'd be recommending having someone booked if possible.

Think it was less than 15 mins from the main arena to the shuttles. Out through the canping area, along the perimeter wall and past the carpark. Not a bad walk.

hi ya where are the buses shuttling to and from? if i go i will be staying in kilmacthomas..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 intothecold

I only saw dogs at the entrance to the general camping on the right hand side, they had a portacabin set up for searching etc

If the dogs were only seen at the entrance to general camping and not at boutique you would have to imagine they are for crowd control only. It won't make a difference to me anyway but I'm interested to find out as I've never seen sniffers at a festival in Ireland before.

sporina wrote: »
    hi ya where are the buses shuttling to and from? if i go i will be staying in kilmacthomas..

Just off the festival site to the square in Portlaw.

There may have been other busses from the square to elsewhere but if so I didn't see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,333 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

sporina wrote: »

You could nearly walk it :)

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

If the dogs were only seen at the entrance to general camping and not at boutique you would have to imagine they are for crowd control only. It won't make a difference to me anyway but I'm interested to find out as I've never seen sniffers at a festival in Ireland before.

They are special sniffer dogs trained by greenpeace to sniff out single use plastic and if they find someone trying to sneak in a bottle of 7up they go straight for the juggular

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

Does that Dublin Bus Service go directly to the site? or would another shuttle be required.
    Concerned about carrying cans, tent etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭gandalfio

At EP in 2013, I saw the Gards line up around 10 people at the entrance to Oscar Wilde. They were told to place their bags in front of them while a sniffer dog went over the row of bags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Anyone have any decent shouts for deals on nice IPAs, session IPAs, etc in cans at the moment? That's next on my list - I'm thinking a mix of nice beers in the 3.5-4.5% mark and then maybe 8-10 cans of bog standard lager to fill in the gaps. I don't do spirits or cider.

I'm thinking the likes of Founders All Day IPA, anything Brewdog, etc or, ideally, some nice stuff from Wicklow Wolf, Larkins, Whiplash, etc, though the latter three might be above my weekend budget!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Anyone have any decent shouts for deals on nice IPAs, session IPAs, etc in cans at the moment? That's next on my list - I'm thinking a mix of nice beers in the 3.5-4.5% mark and then maybe 8-10 cans of bog standard lager to fill in the gaps. I don't do spirits or cider.

I'm thinking the likes of Founders All Day IPA, anything Brewdog, etc or, ideally, some nice stuff from Wicklow Wolf, Larkins, Whiplash, etc, though the latter three might be above my weekend budget!!

I came across a very nice can last week, Larkin's pale ale from Wicklow. I like a weissbier so it was right up my street. Fruity flavour, perfect for a sunny deckchair outside the tent. The search continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭maximoose

Tesco currently have offers for Brewdog-

4 for €8
    Punk
    Dead Pony Club
    Indie Pale Ale
    Clockwork Tangerine

6 for €10
    Lost Lager

4 for €10
    Grapefruit IPA

Although the ones in the 4 for €8 offer are currently 8 for £9 in NI so I'm gonna order a fúckin rake of those to mummy at home now :pac:

maximoose wrote: »

4 for €8
    Punk
    Dead Pony Club
    Indie Pale Ale
    Clockwork Tangerine

6 for €10
    Lost Lager

4 for €10
    Grapefruit IPA

Boyne Brewhouse Cans are still 6 for €10 in Tesco too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Go all in on Elvis Juice for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 intothecold

Has anyone tasted Rockshore Cider from a can yet? I've tasted pints of it and they were really nice, think I might get those for it instead of Bulmers.

maximoose wrote: »

4 for €8
    Punk
    Dead Pony Club
    Indie Pale Ale
    Clockwork Tangerine

6 for €10
    Lost Lager

4 for €10
    Grapefruit IPA

Although the ones in the 4 for €8 offer are currently 8 for £9 in NI so I'm gonna order a fúckin rake of those to mummy at home now :pac:

Four of each of the ones in bold will be a very nice start, I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I'll probably take a tray of Guinness and a select maybe 4 or 5 decanted absinthe's with me, some French, Swiss and Spanish stuff ;)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

I'll probably bring 48 cans of Heineken with me then buy cider inside the venue on Sunday when i can no longer stomach the taste of lager! there was easy access to ice in the shop on site which at least made for cold cans most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭maximoose

Anyone spots offers on bucky please do share!

showpony1 wrote: »
    I'll probably bring 48 cans of Heineken with me then buy cider inside the venue on Sunday when i can no longer stomach the taste of lager! there was easy access to ice in the shop on site which at least made for cold cans most of the time.

48 cans of anything would leave me comatose for a month, I'd say.

I reckon going for the full 24 will be too much tbh!! :eek:

48 cans of anything would leave me comatose for a month, I'd say.

I reckon going for the full 24 will be too much tbh!! :eek:

somehow i had none left by Sunday afternoon but i think it was a combo of our tiny trolley toppling bursting cans, and bringing bags of cans out at night in free flow and losing some! it was nice to have a bit of wiggle room for can wastage unlike when have one tray or sharing a tray!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭RINO87

I mentioned it a few pages back so you might have missed it, but lidl are now doing a decent range of 330ml cans of various types of IPA, for around the 1.10-1.20 mark. They are more than grand for the price.
    Sort of a review type job of them here:
    http://captainbrilliant.co.uk/index.php/2018/08/05/lidl-me-this/

Somebody mentioned the Larkins IPA? Where has this been seen in Cans? I had a pint of it in Cork after a long cycle in the heat on Saturday and Holy Moly did it hit the spot!

• Advertisement

RINO87 wrote: »
    I mentioned it a few pages back so you might have missed it, but lidl are now doing a decent range of 330ml cans of various types of IPA, for around the 1.10-1.20 mark. They are more than grand for the price.
    Sort of a review type job of them here:
    http://captainbrilliant.co.uk/index.php/2018/08/05/lidl-me-this/

Somebody mentioned the Larkins IPA? Where has this been seen in Cans? I had a pint of it in Cork after a long cycle in the heat on Saturday and Holy Moly did it hit the spot!

Thanks - might check those Lidl cans as an alternative! I'd had some Aldi ones in bottles before which were okay but didn't know there were many can options going!

I have seen Larkins in cans in O'Briens off licence in Douglas and in Bradley's on North Main Street in Cork. I would be pretty sure it's also in Number 21 off licence on MacCurtain St too.

Apols if you're not Cork-based, I can't help!

Advertisement