Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I highly doubt they were actually sniffer dogs, the dogs senses would be going crazy with the amount of people going into the festival. Probably more of a scare tactic.

More than a scare tactic it was the Garda dog unit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Stillill42

So the Irish Times didn't actually use the term Poopgate? Disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭endainoz

greenspurs wrote:
    Proper order.

greenspurs wrote:
    Great to hear.

Why's that? I personally don't have any interest in drugs other than a bit of green but at this point I know so many that are big into the Charlie that it's become a kinda accepted in our friends circle. I know of course there can be an anti social element if you have many scumbags involved but I don't really have much of an issue with people who are into their drugs and do so responsibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

endainoz wrote: »
    Why's that? I personally don't have any interest in drugs other than a bit of green but at this point I know so many that are big into the Charlie that it's become a kinda accepted in our friends circle. I know of course there can be an anti social element if you have many scumbags involved but I don't really have much of an issue with people who are into their drugs and do so responsibly.

because my attitude to drugs and persons thinking that they are so cool dishing out the marching powder/mdma/Ket/e's or what ever stuff they want to get wasted on is not as relaxed as yours?

People buy drugs -> dealers -> bigger dealers -> drug 'barons' .
    I wont preach, but if you think funding skanky drug dealers holidays/cars/houses is ok, work away, not to mention the emotional and financial imput it (can) cause.

There is a MASSIVE drug problem in this country, but the scary bit (as you said yourself) its 'kinda accepted' ……

But shur, 'We'll be grand" copyrighted by the Nation of Ireland :rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

MJohnston wrote: »
    The Garda presence last year was pretty heavy handed. Four mates got done for having a tiny amount of weekend delights. Thing is, they were all caught separately, in and out of the campsites. So there was a heavy undercover presence.

The portaloos to the left of the main stage had undercovers all weekend watching people going in and out.

A few of my mates got caught with some weed on the way in, neighbours also.

Both by the dogs. But I know others that strolled past the dogs with other things no problem so I dunno what to make of it really. Encountered the dogs walking the main site a few times over the weekend so be careful if you are partaking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

The german shepherds are grand,

Just stay away from the spaniels and the labs :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

All Points East fest in London had police with dogs at every entrance last year when I was there. First time I had ever seen it at a festival and they were stopping quite a few people on the way in to the festival site. Wouldn't really surprise me to see similar at other festivals, really.

From what I recall (I was a few pints deep when I passed them!), they didn't appear to be turfing anyone out, just taking stuff off them, but I'd imagine it was all dependent on what they found and how much of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

greenspurs wrote: »
    Proper order.

Great to hear.

narc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

I can honestly say I didn't notice any Garda presence at all last year and getting into ATN was one the most care free experiences I've had at a festival....Of course it may have been that I was just so focused on getting to my tent and opening that first can!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭endainoz

greenspurs wrote:
    People buy drugs -> dealers -> bigger dealers -> drug 'barons' . I wont preach, but if you think funding skanky drug dealers holidays/cars/houses is ok, work away, not to mention the emotional and financial imput it (can) cause.

I don't think it's ok at all, all I can say is that I don't fund them. If all was right I'd prefer that there wouldn't be any drugs but I still know that's an unrealistic expectation.
    greenspurs wrote:
    There is a MASSIVE drug problem in this country, but the scary bit (as you said yourself) its 'kinda accepted' ……

Absolutely agree with that one, never seen as much around myself before either and it seems easier for me to spot the people that aren't at it. I'm still (relatively) ok with people doing it responsibly though, as long as it's themselves they're doing it to.

I'd accept people on drugs about as much as I'd accept being around a load of drunken idiots, neither situation is pleasant really but the idea that it should all be stopped has about as much logic of closing down a pub because someone got too drunk.

• Advertisement

Le Bruise wrote: »
    I can honestly say I didn't notice any Garda presence at all last year and getting into ATN was one the most care free experiences I've had at a festival....Of course it may have been that I was just so focused on getting to my tent and opening that first can!

Think it depends on the time of day.

I remember remarking to my mate that this was an absolute breeze then turned and saw the dogs. :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,448 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

D.Q wrote: »
    The portaloos to the left of the main stage had undercovers all weekend watching people going in and out.

A few of my mates got caught with some weed on the way in, neighbours also.

Both by the dogs. But I know others that strolled past the dogs with other things no problem so I dunno what to make of it really. Encountered the dogs walking the main site a few times over the weekend so be careful if you are partaking.

I remember this too at Beatyard, I was volunteering and we were stopping men going into the Ladies loo, seen a few busts there.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

Not that I'm complaining - my list of must-see acts is continuing to grow by the day! Clashes are going to be huge... :eek:
    EDIT: A quick rundown through the line up - I counted 33 acts that I want to see. And I was skipping over some acts in doing that too.

what are peoples must sees of the weekend, not really my normal taste for a line up so trying to start going through setlists/spotifys! Usually there ends up being a few acts i had heard before but just didn't know the name of. So far what i'll try to go see;

- Fullee Love Collective
    - The Wailers
    - Kelly Anne Byrne Prince Tribute
    - Hot Chip
    - Loyle Carner
    - Bombay Bicycle Club
    - Tourist
    -Bingo Loco Rave Hour

and ill just spend a fair amount of time generally in evenings at the Belonging Bandstand which was my fave evening area last year.

If I have to limit myself to 5 must see acts, it'll be:

- Hot Chip
    - Jon Hopkins
    - Father John Misty
    - Kojaque & the Soft Boy Band
    - Kiasmos

I'm leaving the National and John Grant off there as I've seen both 5+ times. Always a great show but if I absolutely had to miss them, I could. Also parking the cover bands, orchestras, etc which will be great for sure, but I don't think I'd be overly gutted to miss any (though Glasshouse does Holocene should be good!)

I must give Loyle Carner a proper listen this week. I've enjoyed the one or two songs I've heard but I haven't sat down to listen properly yet. Same for Tourist.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

I highly doubt they were actually sniffer dogs, the dogs senses would be going crazy with the amount of people going into the festival. Probably more of a scare tactic.

I got there pretty early last year and the dog seemed to be a legit sniffer dog. They were walking him along the queue leading to the entry gate, and the dog certainly gave the impression of being interested in the bags when prompted by the handler. Might well have been a scare tactic, but the dog was in on it, if that’s the case. �� ��

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

In descending order of hype:
    1 The Good the Bad and the Queen
    2 Black Midi
    3 Fontaines DC
    4 The National
    5 Just Mustard
    6 The Murder Capital
    7 Hot Chip
    8 Jose Gonzalez
    9 RIMON
    10 Tourist
    11 John Grant
    12 The Claque

Will go see if I can, but not the end of the world if they clash/if they're scheduled during campsite shenanigans:

Jon Hopkins
    Patti Smith
    KOKOKO!
    Kamaal Williams
    The Wailers
    Kiasmos
    Leftfield
    Bombay Bicycle Club
    Pussy Riot
    Ships
    Olafur Arnalds
    London Astrobeat Orchestra
    Trinity Orchestra
    Glasshouse
    Mick Flannery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭danois

I didn’t think I could get more excited for this but just spotted Bingo loco added. Excitement levels have soared. Arcadia, kkk , lords of lightning and Bingo Loco. Almost as excited for this as I am for creamfields.

Praying for the weather gods to be on our side and give us a repeat of last year.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    In descending order of hype:
    1 The Good the Bad and the Queen
    2 Black Midi
    3 Fontaines DC
    4 The National
    5 Just Mustard
    6 The Murder Capital
    7 Hot Chip
    8 Jose Gonzalez
    9 RIMON
    10 Tourist
    11 John Grant
    12 The Claque

Will go see if I can, but not the end of the world if they clash/if their scheduled during campsite shenanigans:

Jon Hopkins
    Patti Smith
    KOKOKO!
    Kamaal Williams
    The Wailers
    Kiasmos
    Leftfield
    Bombay Bicycle Club
    Pussy Riot
    Ships
    Olafur Arnalds
    London Astrobeat Orchestra
    Trinity Orchestra
    Glasshouse
    Mick Flannery

Fingers crossed for a running order of:

The Murder Capital / The Claque / Black Midi / Just Mustard / Fontaines DC / Patti Smith

I'd be exhausted. :eek::P

Fingers crossed for a running order of:

The Murder Capital / The Claque / Black Midi / Just Mustard / Fontaines DC / Patti Smith

I'd be exhausted. :eek::P

Now that's a tent. Bump Murder Capital up a couple of slots and we're all set.

I have a weird feeling fontaines are gonna clash with KKC. Dunno why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Patti Smith is surely a main stage headliner, no?

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Patti Smith is surely a main stage headliner, no?

I believe we're dealing in fantasy scenarios here.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

lbj666 wrote: »
    FreeRanger wrote: »
    Are they strict in preventing people from sleeping in vans in the general car park? Will be travelling in my van - might throw a mattress in the back.

I know it states it's not permitted!

Sorry if this has already been answered.

You should be fine, it's rarely enforced unless it's bleeding obvious with music blaring and a whole little village for yourself setup. Keep in mind for though there is a pretty scary reason they don't allow it, Google boomtown far carpark fire

Would the campervan site not have a similar risk in hot weather?

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

On the dogs discussion are people sure the dogs are looking for drugs. Large scale events such as festivals are a potential target for terrorists, especially on the continent and in UK, I'd have thought the dogs were checking for explosive material?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,448 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

On the dogs discussion are people sure the dogs are looking for drugs. Large scale events such as festivals are a potential target for terrorists, especially on the continent and in UK, I'd have thought the dogs were checking for explosive material?

Well I'd imagine they'd borrow some of the Shannon Airport sniffer dogs or something like that. They are trained both to sniff out drugs and explosives.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

The vast majority of the time the dogs are led by the handler. Just used as a reason for a search.

Cant imagine a festival is an ideal environment for a dog to sniff anything. Surely it would be completely overwhelmed by everything going on.

D.Q wrote: »
    The vast majority of the time the dogs are led by the handler. Just used as a reason for a search.

Cant imagine a festival is an ideal environment for a dog to sniff anything. Surely it would be completely overwhelmed by everything going on.

I know exactly how they feel.

I'm already wagging my tail and starting to yelp a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Were the dogs at both entrances to the site, main entrance and family boutique entrance, seems a bit heavy handed for what is billed as a family friendly festival. Over last few years I've been at FFF, Beatyard, Longitude and EP in Ireland and I cant really recall seeing sniffer dogs at entrance. Maybe I just wasnt paying attention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Were the dogs at both entrances to the site, main entrance and family boutique entrance, seems a bit heavy handed for what is billed as a family friendly festival. Over last few years I've been at FFF, Beatyard, Longitude and EP in Ireland and I cant really recall seeing sniffer dogs at entrance. Maybe I just wasnt paying attention.

I only saw dogs at the entrance to the general camping on the right hand side, they had a portacabin set up for searching etc

Advertisement