Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 The flush

The dance tent was on a bit slope last year not good for the auld legs I hope they level it up a bit this year..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Dunno if it's been mentioned but The dance tent was on a bit slope last year not good for the auld legs I hope they level it up a bit this year..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

showpony1 wrote: »
    I think that was smelly piss you were soaked with mate.

Possibly also true, but I think its best not to think too deeply about these things. Bottom line is its not to be encouraged

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Coz

This has probably been asked to death but how does the walk from the car park to say, the Moonage Daydream campsite, compare to the walk to Joplin at EP??

Trying to work out if a 2 trip strategy might work rather than lugging everything in one go.

Always brought it in one go at EP as it would take ages for the 2nd trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Coz wrote: »
    This has probably been asked to death but how does the walk from the car park to say, the Moonage Daydream campsite, compare to the walk to Joplin at EP??

Trying to work out if a 2 trip strategy might work rather than lugging everything in one go.

If you managed everything in one trip at EP then this will be a breeze! Two trips though might make things easier, I assume you don’t have to queue up twice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I've tried with Father John Misty. I really have. He's got some clever lyrics. It's all the same song though, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Hes a dry old ****e alright. One of the few definite "no"'s on the lineup for me.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    I've tried with Father John Misty. I really have. He's got some clever lyrics. It's all the same song though, isn't it?

Haha I see what you mean. I really enjoy him live though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,448 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

To get ya in the mood and some of you this year are obviously newcomers to the festival here's my review from last year.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

D.Q wrote: »
    Haha I see what you mean. I really enjoy him live though.

Same, the guy is a great performer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Peesh89

miller82 wrote: »
    Same, the guy is a great performer.

Could never get in to him at all, then got dragged along to see him at Electric Picnic a few years ago and was blown away. Went back then to listen to him when I got home with this new appreciation and was disappointed.
    But looking forward to seeing him live again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Loved his first two albums but then got totally bored of him. The other albums are far too Elton John for my liking

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭mrk75

The flush wrote: »
    The dance tent was on a bit slope last year not good for the auld legs I hope they level it up a bit this year..

Ye sure that wasn't the drugs....?

Loved his first two albums but then got totally bored of him. The other albums are far too Elton John for my liking

This for me too.

Love his first album. Quite bored by the rest. He's worth a look live though.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭gandalfio

D.Q wrote: »
    This for me too.

Love his first album. Quite bored by the rest. He's worth a look live though.

I would be of the opposite opinion here. The songwriting on albums 3 and 4 is far superior to the first two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

To get ya in the mood and some of you this year are obviously newcomers to the festival here's my review from last year.

Cheers Bodhrandude!

I remember reading that review last year, but had another scan through as it's a good reminder of a cracking weekend....and also a whet of the appetite for what's to come!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

This is John Reynold’s latest festival production and man it does take me back to some of these early Picnic years of 2005, 2007 and 2008, especially with the Arcadia Afterburner in tow.

Aww

Coz wrote: »

The map may change this year due to logistical issues last time out but (providing you get into the parking beside the main campsite) the walk is only about 5/10 minutes. The attached aerial shot shows just how close it is.

The only tip is to make sure you bring ALL your booze in on the first entry, as you want be allowed to bring any in after that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭RINO87

With it being a little bigger this year, my guess is that the general camping will be extended into what was the main car park last year. It really looked ideal for it, was the same field so would only have to put the fence in a different place. There were still fields outside of it for parking.

RINO87 wrote: »
    With it being a little bigger this year, my guess is that the general camping will be extended into what was the main car park last year. It really looked ideal for it, was the same field so would only have to put the fence in a different place. There were still fields outside of it for parking.

That would make sense alright. Looks like a huge field on the other side of the road that could be the car park.

Could do with extending the Boutique/family/campervan area as well. Felt a bit cramped last year in Tangerine Fields, and I know Greenspurs mentioned the family camping being the same. The car park for that area was massive, so surely some wiggle room on swapping parking space for camping space?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭hope80

Fab picture of site, just wondering which areas were the family camping and parking?

hope80 wrote: »
    Fab picture of site, just wondering which areas were the family camping and parking?

They're a seperate area at the other side of the Festival site. I'll try and get a picture of it.

hope80 wrote: »

The family/boutique/campervan area is to the left in this aerial shot (the other side of the lake from the house). Parking is beside it but not seen in the picture.

I've also included last year's site map for reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Hey_cat94

Hi all, new user here, does anyone know when those who have applied to volunteer at ATN will hear anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭hope80

Le Bruise wrote: »
    The family/boutique/campervan area is to the left in this aerial shot (the other side of the lake from the house). Parking is beside it but not seen in the picture.

I've also included last year's site map for reference.

Thanks a mil, great to have a feel for how far things are apart, hoping we wont have to make too many trips back to car for bits with kids in tow. Getting so exciting now, cant wait for everything to be released

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Frostyz

Hi Guys, Can anyone tell me why the don't allow gas in campervans ? Do they really enforce this ?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭homosapien91

So I'm thinking of going on my own, the person who was supposed to come with me has let me down. Am very nervous though have never done anything like this by myself would like to hear other people's experiences...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

So I'm thinking of going on my own, the person who was supposed to come with me has let me down. Am very nervous though have never done anything like this by myself would like to hear other people's experiences...

Totally do it! We could try doing a boards meet up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Le Bruise wrote: »
    The map may change this year due to logistical issues last time out but (providing you get into the parking beside the main campsite) the walk is only about 5/10 minutes. The attached aerial shot shows just how close it is.

The only tip is to make sure you bring ALL your booze in on the first entry, as you want be allowed to bring any in after that!

Only one slab per person so that wouldn't be too difficult. Is that enforced though? I'll have the caravan full.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Frostyz wrote: »
    Hi Guys, Can anyone tell me why the don't allow gas in campervans ? Do they really enforce this ?
    Thanks

They checked it last year. Or, at least, they checked the spot where the gas should be. They didn't check where I'd stashed it in my roofbox.

Advertisement