Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I'm a little late to the bandstand additions but some great names there I think. London Astrobeat doing the Beatles could be a lovely, early afternoon type thing, for e.g. My list of things that I'd like to see keeps on growing... Do people think that we will get any more musical announcements now? It seems quite full.

And, a separate note. I read through their Eco statement yesterday. Nothing too surprising in there but it struck me - they want us to bring reusable cups but my reusable coffee cup is made of glass, and glass is banned. Will I be able to bring it in? I messaged them yesterday afternoon but nobody responded so just wondering if anyone used a glass Keep Cup there last year. I can always pick up an alternative if I need to but I'd hate to have my glass one taken off me by the security lads, for example!

I mean, they will 100% definitely take glass off of you if they find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,333 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

I'm a little late to the bandstand additions but some great names there I think. London Astrobeat doing the Beatles could be a lovely, early afternoon type thing, for e.g. My list of things that I'd like to see keeps on growing... Do people think that we will get any more musical announcements now? It seems quite full.

And, a separate note. I read through their Eco statement yesterday. Nothing too surprising in there but it struck me - they want us to bring reusable cups but my reusable coffee cup is made of glass, and glass is banned. Will I be able to bring it in? I messaged them yesterday afternoon but nobody responded so just wondering if anyone used a glass Keep Cup there last year. I can always pick up an alternative if I need to but I'd hate to have my glass one taken off me by the security lads, for example!

Just buy a metal cup ! :rolleyes: #Science

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

MJohnston wrote: »
    I mean, they will 100% definitely take glass off of you if they find it.

I better invest in a plastic one so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

greenspurs wrote: »
    Just buy a metal cup ! :rolleyes: #Science

You really are a strange man.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭whelzer

I better invest in a plastic one so...

Or better yet, ditch the coffee cup and just bring cans, lots and lots of lovely cold cans...:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

whelzer wrote: »
    Or better yet, ditch the coffee cup and just bring cans, lots and lots of lovely cold cans...:p

Solid advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Glastonbury has the no plastic / glass rule.. now they sell these excellent metal water bottles that keep water cold:

e.g

small_bottle_grande.jpg?v=1551782689

Brought a lot of cans obviously - but also picked up stainless steel cups to keep drinks cold on Amazon for beer / wine / shorts etc.

Screenshot-2019-07-09-at-13-04-37.png

These were quite good also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Toast

Basq wrote: »

Got amazon links for them please? Showing up as 30 quid and 12 quid for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭eplady2017

Glastonbury has the no plastic / glass rule.. now they sell these excellent metal water bottles that keep water cold:

e.g

Brought a lot of cans obviously - but also picked up stainless steel cups to keep drinks cold on Amazon for beer / wine / shorts etc.

Samsung were giving out metal cups on the Friday last year. If ya had one you could use it to get ice in their fridges.. Was very handy..

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

eplady2017 wrote: »
    Samsung were giving out metal cups on the Friday last year. If ya had one you could use it to get ice in their fridges.. Was very handy..

Do we know will that be there again this year, that ice was a god send. I have a cooler sorted this year though. No warm beer for me.

• Advertisement

Do we know will that be there again this year, that ice was a god send. I have a cooler sorted this year though. No warm beer for me.

They are listed as one of their 'partners' on the website so I imagine they will have some sort of an area again..

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Jem123

Sorry if this has been asked before but I have 2 family tickets but won't be bringing the kids now. Can these be used for general camping?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,333 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

You really are a strange man.

Boo hoo …. :rolleyes:

(ask a stupid question …….)

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭whelzer

Jem123 wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked before but I have 2 family tickets but won't be bringing the kids now. Can these be used for general camping?

Of course, unwritten rule is that you should try and swap them for general camping only. Probably doable via toutless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

e.g

For years we had the tops taken off plastic bottles to ensure we couldnt use them as a weapon (supposedly). Now they let you bring that in. You could do serious damage in a dust up with that bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

^ it's so you can't throw them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭endainoz

eplady2017 wrote:

Now that's the type of corporate sponsorship I could get behind!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

^ it's so you can't throw them.

Unrelated, but it seems to me that people seem to have started throwing pints more often at festivals these days. Anyone who does so should be taken out back and shot, partially cos its anti social to cover your fellow music lovers with sticky smelly beer, but mostly because its a waste of good alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I bought a couple of these, they keep water cool and are handy to have.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33017216453.html
    I have since found them without the animal print... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Only listened to 2.5 songs but loving Black Midi so far.

Brings me back to the days when I mostly listened to guitar bands.

Def recommend to anyone raised on an aural diet of Sonic Youth, The Fall, Beta Band etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Frostyz

Hi Guys, first time posting. Can anyone tell me why the don't allow gas in campervans ? Do they really enforce this ?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Toast wrote: »
    Got amazon links for them please? Showing up as 30 quid and 12 quid for me.
    Got them on Amazon Warehouse Deals for cheap..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stainless-Steel-Wine-Glasses-Shatterproof/dp/B01LXSKVH5/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?keywords=stainless+steel&m=A2OAJ7377F756P&qid=1562703837&s=warehouse-deals&sprefix=stainless&sr=8-2

Pint glasses not there at minute but keep checking.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Would love if they done a few ATN Eco cups like they used to for the Picnic, I still have three of these, I mainly use the 2009 glass so have reused at every festival I been to since. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Would love if they done a few ATN Eco cups like they used to for the Picnic, I still have three of these, I mainly use the 2009 glass so have reused at every festival I been to since. :)

I'm really surprised they are not doing it this year. They are really big on reducing single use plastic and beer cups are the biggest culprit at festivals. Few festivals have done it this year including last weekends Forever Young.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Bamboo cups are more likely now, as many festivals want to get away from plastic altogether.
    Or buy a branded stainless steel one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Sorry if this question is a little on the ignorant side but what do the alcohol vendors dispense their liquor in? I was there last year but I cannot remember.

While I’m here, question no. 2 - is there a shop in/near boutique camping site? Last year there was a Londis or a Spar right at the entrance to the main area from general camping.

Sorry if this question is a little on the ignorant side but what do the alcohol vendors dispense their liquor in? I was there last year but I cannot remember.

While I’m here, question no. 2 - is there a shop in/near boutique camping site? Last year there was a Londis or a Spar right at the entrance to the main area from general camping.

There is another Londis apparently behind the Bandstand area, so I heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RINO87

I just noticed from reading the sustainability stuff that they mentioned capacity this year is 20,000. What was it last year again?
    I'm all for reducing plastic, but weren't the cartons of water a bit of a nightmare last year? Didnt bother me, as I had my bottle and refilled it whenever I saw a water station, but I do I recall the water cartons running out a load last year??

Thanks for the heads up on the stainless steel cups, will definitely be grabbing some of these.

On the booze front, lidl are doing some half decent IPA's in 330ml cans for around the euro mark at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

RINO87 wrote: »
    I just noticed from reading the sustainability stuff that they mentioned capacity this year is 20,000. What was it last year again?
    I'm all for reducing plastic, but weren't the cartons of water a bit of a nightmare last year? Didnt bother me, as I had my bottle and refilled it whenever I saw a water station, but I do I recall the water cartons running out a load last year??

Thanks for the heads up on the stainless steel cups, will definitely be grabbing some of these.

On the booze front, lidl are doing some half decent IPA's in 330ml cans for around the euro mark at the moment.

15,000 last year. You are right about them running out. The weather was so hot last year so it was a big issue alright. Personally I always go for the coconut water, more expensive but great for getting the electrolytes back in the system!

• Advertisement

RINO87 wrote: »

I heard reports that the capacity is 30,000 this year so almost like the same as EP 2006 capacity of 32,500 people. They would need to up some of the side show stuff, have a few big names for Arcadia Afterburner, reggae area needs a revamp and to be open a little later, a few more chill out areas scattered around the place and maybe a chair lift to bring the poor campervan people and caravan people up the hill back to their campers, I know as I worked there last year, tackling that hill can be tough after a nights partying unless you have marching nose powder. :)

Advertisement