Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Swieve

MJohnston wrote: »
    It was actually upheld last year at ATN. I luckily didn't need one, but the campervans were squeezed in like sardines. They oversold, and there was an overflow field. Get there early if you don't want a two mile hike to the arena!

Dead on. I will bear that in mind. Cheers for that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

I believe that the last 4 or 5 Fontaine’s tunes on the first night will ensure a great crescendo and we’ll all leave the tent/area and bounce into the rest of the night in top form, looking forward to what the rest of the night may bring, full of hope and endless possibilities :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭darzog

Randomly perusing the latest A-Z ATN list at silly o’clock on Saturday evening and out of nowhere...bang, a rake of local(ish) acts added to the bill. An understated announcement if ever there was one!

Fehdah
    Sing Along Social
    Booka Brass
    NY Brass Band
    Galway Street Club
    King Lagoon’s Flying Swordfish Dance Band
    Maroon Town
    Swingrowers
    West Cork Ukelele Orchestra
    Backroad Smokers Club
    Papa Rua
    Prymary Colours
    Kelly-Anne Byrne (Prince Tribute)
    Stevie G
    Lost & Sound

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭gandalfio

darzog wrote: »
    Randomly perusing the latest A-Z ATN list at silly o’clock on Saturday evening and out of nowhere...bang, a rake of local(ish) acts added to the bill. An understated announcement if ever there was one!

Fehdah
    Sing Along Social
    Booka Brass
    NY Brass Band
    Galway Street Club
    King Lagdon’s Flying Swordfish Dance Band
    Maroon Town
    Swingrowers
    West Cork Ukelele Orchestra
    Backroad Smokers Club
    Papa Rua
    Prymary Colours
    Kelly-Anne Byrne (Prince Tribute)
    Stevie G
    Lost & Sound

Most would suit the Bandstand perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Swieve

Swieve wrote: »
    Can anyone who attended last year with a caravan or campervan help me with a query. Were you allowed to have an awning or pitch a tent by your van? I know the rules say no regarding tents but that is par for the course for most festivals and this is rarely upheld.
    Many thanks

I was working the campervan area last year it seems they were letting both into the same field, campers to one side and caravans to the other, I think I may have seen awnings at both areas too.

Cheers for this. That is rather good to know

Steve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭endainoz

I believe that the last 4 or 5 Fontaine’s tunes on the first night will ensure a great crescendo and we’ll all leave the tent/area and bounce into the rest of the night in top form, looking forward to what the rest of the night may bring, full of hope and endless possibilities

Fountaines doing Boys of the better land will be an unreal memory. Patti Smith doing horses or Gloria will be up there too. Hot chip of course always put on a good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

I reckon John Grant performing GMF will be a good moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Dont think Patti Smith plays horses at the moment unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Great line up for the belonging bandstand!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭Stillill42

So, having spent some time in this thread i can see that most of you, if not posting drunk, are at the very least seasoned connoisseurs of beer in all it's forms. I have cheated my whole festival career by staying off site but will be camping this year in Curraghmore. I'm a Guinness drinker when out but lean towards a nice Paulaner at home. What's a nice can for a sunny afternoon in Waterford? Don't think there's much in the way of Weissbier in canned form. Help me out here. Excluding your regular lagers, what should I be looking at? Share your wisdom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭bit of a bogey

Dont have a ticket but would really love to go.

What does anyone think? Is viagogo my best bet?

Are all the general camping tickets the same?

Viagogo has various General camping tickets starting at E377??

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Stillill42 wrote: »
    So, having spent some time in this thread i can see that most of you, if not posting drunk, are at the very least seasoned connoisseurs of beer in all it's forms. I have cheated my whole festival career by staying off site but will be camping this year in Curraghmore. I'm a Guinness drinker when out but lean towards a nice Paulaner at home. What's a nice can for a sunny afternoon in Waterford? Don't think there's much in the way of Weissbier in canned form. Help me out here. Excluding your regular lagers, what should I be looking at? Share your wisdom.

http://baggotstreetwines.com/beer/metalman-equinox-wheat-lager-can-33cl

Waterford brewery, canned wheatbeer. Drink local drink often

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭Stillill42

http://baggotstreetwines.com/beer/metalman-equinox-wheat-lager-can-33cl

Waterford brewery, canned wheatbeer. Drink local drink often

Sunshine in a glass! Quaffable! Sounds like just what the doctor ordered, Johnny. Sláinte!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Who do you think will provide “the bucket list” song this year?

Boys in the better land will be a belter but dunno if it's at bucket list level.

I dunno if patti Smith plays rock n roll ****** anymore but that would be pretty special.

Hot chip over and over/ready for the floor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Sunshine in a glass! Quaffable! Sounds like just what the doctor ordered, Johnny. Sláinte!

Lidl also sell a cheapo wheat beer that's decent. I'd actually drink tins of Guinness at fests myself - tastes better warm than any lager imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaffolino

Dont have a ticket but would really love to go.

What does anyone think? Is viagogo my best bet?

Are all the general camping tickets the same?

Viagogo has various General camping tickets starting at E377??

Try toutless . Have got a few there before. I hate viagogo and the likes that rip people off. Also try the ticket swap app. Just had a quick eyeball there and they have sold a few. Mind you there is over 500 looking . At least it will give you an alert when one becomes available

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Pl1234

Hi everyone,

I am doing the installment plan for ATN and I never got a reminder email about the July installment and no money has been taken from my account? I rang them about two weeks ago and updated my card details and all seemed to be in order? It did take a few days to come out the last time but I am still worried. Should I give them another ring? Really concerned about my tickets now!!

If anyone has any ideas, it would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

OUTLOOK ... Somewhat warmer weather will develop by about next weekend with highs possibly reaching the mid 20s in places. This warmer spell seems likely to persist for most of the second half of July, with the occasional unsettled day but generally not much rainfall in total, especially in the south.

MT Cranium predicting a scorcher.

:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Pl1234 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I am doing the installment plan for ATN and I never got a reminder email about the July installment and no money has been taken from my account? I rang them about two weeks ago and updated my card details and all seemed to be in order? It did take a few days to come out the last time but I am still worried. Should I give them another ring? Really concerned about my tickets now!!

Similar thing happened to me, and they had never saved my updated details. I rang them again, and it went through no issues, I got the tickets within a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Pl1234 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Same with me so i emailed them ,then they replied two weeks later and called me the following day i paid the last installment over the phone and i had the ticket with a week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭bit of a bogey

gaffolino wrote: »
    Try toutless . Have got a few there before. I hate viagogo and the likes that rip people off. Also try the ticket swap app. Just had a quick eyeball there and they have sold a few. Mind you there is over 500 looking . At least it will give you an alert when one becomes available

Thank you. Never heard of Toutless but am keeping an eye on ticket swap.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

Thank you. Never heard of Toutless but am keeping an eye on ticket swap.

toutless is a solid and secure option - just check how long the user has been on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RINO87

Lidl also sell a cheapo wheat beer that's decent. I'd actually drink tins of Guinness at fests myself - tastes better warm than any lager imo.

Hallelujah!! I've been preaching this to my mates for years at festivals and they just wont listen! I warm tin of Guinness or Beamish goes down a whole lot better than any other beers, and lets face it, sunny or not, you are not keeping beers cold after the first evening

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

RINO87 wrote: »
    Hallelujah!! I've been preaching this to my mates for years at festivals and they just wont listen! I warm tin of Guinness or Beamish goes down a whole lot better than any other beers, and lets face it, sunny or not, you are not keeping beers cold after the first evening

Unless you invest in a high quality beer cooler

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

RINO87 wrote: »

There are a couple of old guys in my local that drink/drank warm old guinness bottles. They weren't available many places, I think only on request as guinness had mostly discontinued them. They used to say that guinness was meant to be drank at room temperature.
    Now, I'm not saying they are the wisest of folk, but they knew they liked warm guinness from the old style bottles.
    I don't know if they still do, I haven't been there in a long while.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭whelzer

Unless you invest in a high quality beer cooler

My cheap(ish) cool box is ok for Friday and Saturday. Come Sunday, who cares?

I mostly line mine with freeze packs and then strategically place frozen bottles of water/soft drinks in between cans.

Keep the lid on tight, only open when needed and keep box out of full sun (should we get any). Sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Caught New Order last night in Trinity, brilliant gig. They would be the perfect headliner for ATN some year.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Pl1234

Same with me so i emailed them ,then they replied two weeks later and called me the following day i paid the last installment over the phone and i had the ticket with a week

Great thanks all. Actually got a call off my bank to say my card details were compromised and that the payment had bounced. Rang ticketmaster and was able to pay the balance over the phone TG!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I'm a little late to the bandstand additions but some great names there I think. London Astrobeat doing the Beatles could be a lovely, early afternoon type thing, for e.g. My list of things that I'd like to see keeps on growing... Do people think that we will get any more musical announcements now? It seems quite full.

And, a separate note. I read through their Eco statement yesterday. Nothing too surprising in there but it struck me - they want us to bring reusable cups but my reusable coffee cup is made of glass, and glass is banned. Will I be able to bring it in? I messaged them yesterday afternoon but nobody responded so just wondering if anyone used a glass Keep Cup there last year. I can always pick up an alternative if I need to but I'd hate to have my glass one taken off me by the security lads, for example!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭whelzer

I'm a little late to the bandstand additions but some great names there I think. London Astrobeat doing the Beatles could be a lovely, early afternoon type thing, for e.g. My list of things that I'd like to see keeps on growing... Do people think that we will get any more musical announcements now? It seems quite full.

Been listening to Fehdah for the last day or two, she is on my list of acts to see.

Advertisement