Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭RINO87

15,000 last year. You are right about them running out. The weather was so hot last year so it was a big issue alright. Personally I always go for the coco water, more expensive but great for getting the electrolytes back in the system!

Ah cool, I had it in my head that it was 10,000 last year for some reason....
    I'm sure they will have learned from last year, the weather caught everyone on the hop in fairness. There were plenty of water stations too I think.

Getting close now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

RINO87 wrote: »
    Ah cool, I had it in my head that it was 10,000 last year for some reason....
    I'm sure they will have learned from last year, the weather caught everyone on the hop in fairness. There were plenty of water stations too I think.

Getting close now :)

Yip :cool: Ridiculous how much I’m looking forward to it. The amount I’m looking forward to the weekend is inversely proportional to the amount of excitement I have in my day to day life! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

I’ve two of these...

https://www.runnerinn.com/running/salomon-soft-flask-speed-500ml/136338630/p

Came with this running vest...

https://www.cotswoldoutdoor.ie/p/salomon-s-lab-sense-ultra-2-set-M4614305.html

Perhaps I’ll use those soft flasks for my water. Perhaps the vest would be handy for carrying sh1t too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I heard reports that the capacity is 30,000 this year so almost like the same as EP 2006 capacity of 32,500 people. They would need to up some of the side show stuff, have a few big names for Arcadia Afterburner, reggae area needs a revamp and to be open a little later, a few more chill out areas scattered around the place and maybe a chair lift to bring the poor campervan people and caravan people up the hill back to their campers, I know as I worked there last year, tackling that hill can be tough after a nights partying unless you have marching nose powder. :)

This video is from last year when they said they have a 10 year lease and hope to have 20,000 for this year

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=10155754360556158

• Registered Users Posts: 12,516 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

This video is from last year when they said they have a 10 year lease and hope to have 20,000 for this year

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=10155754360556158

I heard from some Body & Soul sources and security working there too, then again maybe speculation, but its seemingly sold out anyway. Festival staff come under this capacity too, traders, security, grifters, sound technicians, volunteers, crafts people so many involved in the makeup of the event.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Have now listened to more songs and watched this video. VERY excited about Black Midi

• Registered Users Posts: 10,333 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Have now listened to more songs and watched this video. VERY excited about Black Midi

I do fcuking like that !!!! :D I'll be there !

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Dirkziggler

When selling tickets for ATN, Do I need to change name purchased on tickets like on the boutique camping or can I just sell them on

Thanx in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭bit of a bogey

When selling tickets for ATN, Do I need to change name purchased on tickets like on the boutique camping or can I just sell them on

Thanx in advance

Im still desperate for 2 tickets if you or anyone else needs a buyer 👠Please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

I heard reports that the capacity is 30,000 this year so almost like the same as EP 2006 capacity of 32,500 people. They would need to up some of the side show stuff, have a few big names for Arcadia Afterburner, reggae area needs a revamp and to be open a little later, a few more chill out areas scattered around the place and maybe a chair lift to bring the poor campervan people and caravan people up the hill back to their campers, I know as I worked there last year, tackling that hill can be tough after a nights partying unless you have marching nose powder. :)

Fairly sure it's just the 5,000 increase to 20,000 this year. 30,000 would double the capacity after only 1 year, which would be madness considering the logistical issues with general parking/camping they had.

Really hope they don't just start upping attendance every year a la EP. EP in 2012 was a joy, even in Jimi Hendrix. By 2017 the inside of the festival felt like a cattle mart and Jimi Hendrix was like downtown Beirut.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Fairly sure it's just the 5,000 increase to 20,000 this year. 30,000 would double the capacity after only 1 year, which would be madness considering the logistical issues with general parking/camping they had.

Really hope they don't just start upping attendance every year a la EP. EP in 2012 was a joy, even in Jimi Hendrix. By 2017 the inside of the festival felt like a cattle mart and Jimi Hendrix was like downtown Beirut.

Hopefully the difference is that while Stradbally Hall estate is 550 acres, so expansions need them to lease nearby fields e.g. for parking etc, Curraghmore House is a whopping 2,500 acres, so should hopefully be able to take in the extra numbers a little easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,748 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Any word on transport from Waterford being confirmed yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Hopefully the difference is that while Stradbally Hall estate is 550 acres, so expansions need them to lease nearby fields e.g. for parking etc, Curraghmore House is a whopping 2,500 acres, so should hopefully be able to take in the extra numbers a little easier.

Never realised the estate was that big...over twice the size of Glastonbury!;)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Never realised the estate was that big...over twice the size of Glastonbury!;)

I think a lot of it is woodland etc, but yeah, according to their website they are the largest such estate in Ireland:

http://curraghmorehouse.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

From last year, a lot of that land didn't seem particularly accessible though - a lot of the woodland areas seemed very dense.

Definitely plenty of scope to rapidly expand though - imo last year everything was already spread out much further than it needed to be, and it felt like a quick capacity expansion was definitely in the works.

MJohnston wrote: »
    From last year, a lot of that land didn't seem particularly accessible though - a lot of the woodland areas seemed very dense.

Definitely plenty of scope to rapidly expand though - imo last year everything was already spread out much further than it needed to be, and it felt like a quick capacity expansion was definitely in the works.

Keeping with their somewhat inconsistent environmental policy, I'm sure they will have no difficulty felling a few acres of trees to make eco huts for people!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,748 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Every half hour is great. Missed bus I was booked on last year because it was first come first served and next one wasn't for an hour after so that's much better

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

If we don't get the Arcadia lineup this week I'm opening a techno playlist on my computer and setting fire to my office.

I would kindly ask you all to do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭antfin

D.Q wrote: »
    If we don't get the Arcadia lineup this week I'm opening a techno playlist on my computer and setting fire to my office.

I would kindly ask you all to do the same.

I'd go with that POA regardless! Call it the warm-up act.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Really lookong forward this week's announcement, apparently they are naming the portaloo provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

miller82 wrote: »
    Really lookong forward this week's announcement, apparently they are naming the portaloo provider.

Every year i convince myself it will be Tufloo and every year it's someone else.

Will I ever learn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

The last company took the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

Eod100 wrote: »
    Every half hour is great. Missed bus I was booked on last year because it was first come first served and next one wasn't for an hour after so that's much better

does the bus drop you from Dublin right into the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

Unrelated, but it seems to me that people seem to have started throwing pints more often at festivals these days. Anyone who does so should be taken out back and shot, partially cos its anti social to cover your fellow music lovers with sticky smelly beer, but mostly because its a waste of good alcohol.

I think that was smelly piss you were soaked with mate.

miller82 wrote: »

You joke but..

• Registered Users Posts: 14 The flush

The dance tent was on a bit slope last year not good for the auld legs I hope they level it up a bit this year..

The dance tent was on a bit slope last year not good for the auld legs I hope they level it up a bit this year..

• Advertisement

Dunno if it's been mentioned but The dance tent was on a bit slope last year not good for the auld legs I hope they level it up a bit this year..

Advertisement