Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2018 Campaign

• 22-08-2018 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭

Hopefully 2018 campaign goes live in Autumn.

Here we go again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 janedoe8

Are we thinking end of October?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭canuck_copper

Hopefully, would have thought maybe open beginning of October?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

If it follows the same trend as last year it could be late to end October until applications open.

How many do you think they’ll be looking for in the upcoming campaign?

I'm trying to work out how long I have to get in shape for this fitness test! It's difficult to say I understand especially with some people with dates to start gv and some just getting dates for it. Trying to average a time scale :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

janedoe8 wrote: »
    I'm trying to work out how long I have to get in shape for this fitness test! It's difficult to say I understand especially with some people with dates to start gv and some just getting dates for it. Trying to average a time scale :-)

Just start now. Then stay fit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

Second go at this, fell at the AC by a mark, not this time.

Reports on the news says that catholic numbers joining the police is down. Worryingly there is a lot of calls for 50/50 to be returned, what do you guys think of this ?

Reports on the news says that catholic numbers joining the police is down. Worryingly there is a lot of calls for 50/50 to be returned, what do you guys think of this ?

PSNI is 66.61% protestant, 29.45% female. Ans that's after a decade of 50:50,

To be perfectly honest they need bodies, and the best bodies regardless of ethincity, community background, gender, sexuality and political belief.

I do not think the PSNI really care what your community background is.

No other public sector.body in NI cares so why should the police?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

I can’t see 50/50 being returned. The dissident threat has to be curtailed before they could consider a move back to that. I genuinely believe that the majority of Catholics no longer see the PSNI as a ‘Protestant police force’, they aren’t joining because they would be the primary targets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Ax L Foley

so this campiagn isnt happening anymore?

• Advertisement

Ax L Foley wrote: »
    so this campiagn isnt happening anymore?
    Are you on glue? Where was that said?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Ax L Foley

thats a pity, i thought they needed more folks according to my wife.

Ax L Foley wrote: »
    thats a pity, i thought they needed more folks according to my wife.
    Bye troll

Does anyone know if the IST has any maths questions? I've read it's verbal reasoning and situational judgement but just want to try and prepare for it (as much as I can lol) thanks

janedoe8 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the IST has any maths questions? I've read it's verbal reasoning and situational judgement but just want to try and prepare for it (as much as I can lol) thanks
    Nope, there is no maths questions. Just the SJT and verbal reasoning. There is loads of practice tests online that will help prepare you.

1810 is a go kids

Just seen, 1st of October and then we're live. When do you think the IST will commence ? Late October?

Great news!

To be fair I was a little worried with the whole stormont mess as to wether they would have money to recruit and how they’ll get the budget sorted for next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 cazzie23

Just seen, 1st of October and then we're live. When do you think the IST will commence ? Late October?

I believe the recruitment advertisement will be a month long, then processing the applications so it could be late November before they send out the IST. Looking back on last years email it was 29th November and it ran for 3 weeks but then the system had a meltdown so it was extended,
    hopefully this will not happen this time around

• Advertisement

cazzie23 wrote: »

I believe the recruitment advertisement will be a month long, then processing the applications so it could be late November before they send out the IST. Looking back on last years email it was 29th November and it ran for 3 weeks but then the system had a meltdown so it was extended,

Maybe be a bit sooner if it’s opening October 1st? Since last year opened October 23rd-nov 10th

cazzie23 wrote: »

Maybe be a bit sooner if it’s opening October 1st? Since last year opened October 23rd-nov 10th

I think they want to mirror last campaign.

I also dont think they will fast track this year as they wont need to

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Lockie101

Okay guys, welcome back to those returning and welcome to any new applicants! Can’t believe it was a year ago already since the last one but this is our year! Banterbus, who else was unsuccessful last campaign and is returning? I was us all back in here again because I had great fun last year with everyone on here and want the same again this year

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Njim91

Lockie101 wrote: »
    Okay guys, welcome back to those returning and welcome to any new applicants! Can’t believe it was a year ago already since the last one but this is our year! Banterbus, who else was unsuccessful last campaign and is returning? I was us all back in here again because I had great fun last year with everyone on here and want the same again this year

Still on 1710 Ml but opting for another helping of waiting, wondering, frantically checking emails and endless visits to the psni website :) bring on round 2!!

Hey lockie, welcome back! I was also around the boards last year but unfortunately just fell short of a pass at the AC. Here’s hoping this year is our year. Good luck to everyone that is wishing to apply in the upcoming campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

Hey lockie, welcome back! I was also around the boards last year but unfortunately just fell short of a pass at the AC. Here’s hoping this year is our year. Good luck to everyone that is wishing to apply in the upcoming campaign.
    Me too, same as you. we wont fall at the AC this time. its our year.

All about the love we are

Round 5 for me guys, please be the year

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Lockie101

Hey everyone! This is our year! I can’t remember when I last spoke to everyone but in less than 2 weeks I get a contract from the MDP and still am completely undecided if it is actually something I want to pursue

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 cazzie23

I’m another one who missed by a quarter of the mark but even if I had scraped onto the pass list I would be applying again..it was good experience so hopefully be better prepared this time...good luck everyone!!

Advertisement