Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2018 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭PCX

Veledan22 wrote: »
    I hadn't contacted them before and was pleasantly surprised with how quick they were in getting back to me. The first 14 in Batch 1.2 have been contacted now. They repeated what earlier posters said about it being slow going and that they didn't know when they would get to Batch 2, but at least there is still some movement :)

Did they specify if they meant the first 14 of Open or InterD panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Veledan22

PCX wrote: »
    Did they specify if they meant the first 14 of Open or InterD panel?

No, they didn’t say, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭APcomp

AP2019 wrote: »
    As long as we know it's coming I'm happy enough too. 14 being placed in two and a half months isn't exactly speedy, but at least there's movement.

That isn't right, it's 14 in 3 weeks.

It was ~50 in the first ~5 weeks, ~25 in the next 7 weeks, and now 14 in ~3 weeks. This is the Open stream I am on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Yesjeff

They may have hit number14 on the open , but they must still be in the top 10 on the inter d panel of 1.2

• Registered Users Posts: 48 AP2019

We're certain batch 1.1 is exhausted, and they've reached 14 on batch 1.2? Are you sure it's number 14 on the Open and not the Interd?

• Advertisement

We're certain batch 1.1 is exhausted, and they've reached 14 on batch 1.2? Are you sure it's number 14 on the Open and not the Interd?

PAS just said 14 and didn’t specify whether it was open or interd.

Maybe Yesjeff knows someone in the top 10 interd for 1.2 who hasn’t been contacted yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Yesjeff

That's exactly what I mean

If they continue at a roughly similar pace they might get to Batch 2 in 3+ months, which wouldn't be too bad.

Did everyone get a message to ask them to apply for AP(Higher) from PAS this afternoon?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Did everyone get a message to ask them to apply for AP(Higher) from PAS this afternoon?

I got one, says to contact my own personnel officer.

• Advertisement

Same. Mysterious!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭PCX

Is the AP higher InterD basically a competition for AP in DPER, Finance and Taoiseach's or could it be for any Dept?

PCX wrote: »
    Is the AP higher InterD basically a competition for AP in DPER, Finance and Taoiseach's or could it be for any Dept?

It's usually just for those departments.

I can't find details of the competition anywhere on publicjobs.ie or a copy of the circular that they refer to in the email.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭dee75

Got the message despite being Open candidate only. First message swiftly followed by a second clarifying it was for interdepartmental only and apologising for any confusion!

Good luck to all of you who are eligible for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

I got an email from my department. First 465 on inter D from the most recent AP comp have been invited, along with current AP standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Newbie 101

Veledan22 wrote: »
    It's usually just for those departments.

I can't find details of the competition anywhere on publicjobs.ie or a copy of the circular that they refer to in the email.

Just seen circular, it's just for those 3 departments.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

What sort of format is the competition? Is it tests, e-tray, interview etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,277 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I got this message too.....
    I haven't moved department yet (on batch 2)....so does this mean I need to contact my HR in current organisation?! Pretty odd....

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Sy Snootles

gmisk wrote: »
    I got this message too.....
    I haven't moved department yet (on batch 2)....so does this mean I need to contact my HR in current organisation?! Pretty odd....

If you're in the top 426 or whatever it is on the Inter-D standard Comp, you can apply. The Circular relating to the competition issued yesterday, so your HR should have it. It has a link to the application form. It's an odd situation though, that people who have been placed for a few months are going to be moved to one of those 3 Depts. Can't imagine all the rest of the Depts being too happy about it..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,277 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

If you're in the top 426 or whatever it is on the Inter-D standard Comp, you can apply. The Circular relating to the competition issued yesterday, so your HR should have it. It has a link to the application form. It's an odd situation though, that people who have been placed for a few months are going to be moved to one of those 3 Depts. Can't imagine all the rest of the Depts being too happy about it..
    Ok I will drop them an email.....no one here any clue I am on the AP panel though....thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

That happened a fair bit with First Sec appointments in dfa as well. When they ran them all on the same comp. People would get placed in say, Justice or Enterprise and then do the additional First Sec interview, be placed and then drawn from the panel some months later, leaving their newly filled role with a vacancy again. Them's the breaks...

That happened a fair bit with First Sec appointments in dfa as well. When they ran them all on the same comp. People would get placed in say, Justice or Enterprise and then do the additional First Sec interview, be placed and then drawn from the panel some months later, leaving their newly filled role with a vacancy again. Them's the breaks...

That's right, I remember a load of AOs moving to DFA after about 6 months. I'd be happier if they just gave us more money in our new positions rather than moving to one of those 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭delricyo

Each department will send around the link to the competition notice - so it will be open to all civil servants, not just the candidates in this competition

delricyo wrote: »
    Each department will send around the link to the competition notice - so it will be open to all civil servants, not just the candidates in this competition

I think it's only serving APs with 2 years in Civil Service who are eligible apart from the top 426 in current competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I think it's only serving APs with 2 years in Civil Service who are eligible apart from the top 426 in current competition.

That doesn't make any sense.

So if you are an AP with 1 years experience, you are deemed not worthy unlike someone who is on a list to be an AP but hasn't yet got 1 days experience?

That doesn't make any sense.

So if you are an AP with 1 years experience, you are deemed not worthy unlike someone who is on a list to be an AP but hasn't yet got 1 days experience?

2 years service at any grade before internal promotions is standard

Thanks. I wasnt aware of this requirement at the time of my earlier comment.
    I think the timing may be unfair for some. As someone said above, even if somebody accepted an AP position a few weeks ago, he/she would not be eligible. But someone who is still going through this process, is in for a chance at a higher salary.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

As someone said above, even if somebody accepted an AP position a few weeks ago, he/she would not be eligible.

they would be eligible if they have 2 years experience at any grade

Riskymove wrote: »
    they would be eligible if they have 2 years experience at any grade

No. The job spec states that you must be serving as an AP

• Advertisement

No. The job spec states that you must be serving as an AP

Not necessarily, you could be a lower grade who has got to stage 3 of current competition and are placed in top 426

Advertisement