Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illness benefit problems since new form

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

Still nothing I'm tweeting them pictures from hospital at the moment just in case they are in any doubt they are dealing with ill people
    Shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 16,550 ✭✭✭✭banie01

My payment is usually on a Tuesday.
    Was a day short last week, and to date this week nothing at all received.

Whomever is running the DSP change management programme needs to outline why the ongoing and prolonged impact of this change wasn't flagged!

The fact that it is near impossible to get through and even harder to get definitive answers is infuriating!
    Many people on IB are in no position to attend a CWO, or expend time and energy on chasing the department.
    There is a serious lack of concern and indeed compassion on the part of the department and the entire government regarding this matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Still nothing and it's actually costing money with phone calls and returned direct debits.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I’ve called up to intro office and the cwo has returned a call to me apparently my payments have been made and should be in bank it was payed on the 15th has anyone else been told this

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jonathon W

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Still nothing and it's actually costing money with phone calls and returned direct debits.

I’m in the same boat it’s ridiculous at this stage, despite not being fit for work I’m nearly thinking maybe I’d be better off declaring myself fit and applying for job seekers

• Advertisement

Jonathon W wrote: »
    I’m in the same boat it’s ridiculous at this stage, despite not being fit for work I’m nearly thinking maybe I’d be better off declaring myself fit and applying for job seekers

I still have my job luckily enough and hopefully back soon and save some money then emigrate.
    That's how much faith I have left in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Hesthea

I have (good?) news.

When i went to give all the docs requests by the CWO i was told that one was incomplete (bank account number was missing) and while i was at it to ring IB again and explain the situation. Yes. The CWO told me to ring IB.

And since i was there, why not. I rang them and after my call got passed around by 3 different people, i got to speak with someone who told me that (after looking for it) he found my email. I still had to explain everything from the beginning though.

Made me some questions. Then told me that in 3 working days i would receive my payment(s).

Meanwhile, he informed me that i have to send a new form (because i told him i received one by post this Monday without any letter giving me any info of what to do with it and why) and the certificate that i have received for this week by post.
    Now i just have to wait and see if it will really get solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

My family member received 50% 2 weeks ago nothing last week and 50% this morning.

What are the odds of them seeing what is effectively 2 weeks missing money after this mess is sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Hesthea

The important part is that they got it =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Hesthea wrote: »
    The important part is that they got it =)

Got some of it only

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Vermelho

I gave up trying to get through on the phone and sent an online inquiry to the general information section. They replied a day later and were able to clarify when I am certified up to (I am not missing payments but my monthly cert due dates were all over the place).

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jonathon W

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    I still have my job luckily enough and hopefully back soon and save some money then emigrate.
    That's how much faith I have left in this country.

Long story short I was born without my right hip (ball and socket) and I’ve a fake hip since a child which it’s now after 30 years riddled in arthritis so I couldn’t keep my job with Aldi, lots of physio to postpone surgery and get back to somewhat normal so no choice but to deal with this unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Nothing so far....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Woke up to nothing

anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭candycock

I normally get my payment into my bank account on Thursday,only got half, paid direct debits now I’ve €1.60 left,this is pathetic,I only pray the rest mite go in soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 thecube

got paid today for last week and the half for the week before.(nothing for this week)
    i have never got through to them on the phone or by the internet,it just appeared in my bank today.
    looks like they are getting somewhere on this issue.
    Hope you all get paid soon......

Still nothing since the 5th.
    Bank is in minus figured now due to direct debit being returned.
    I went to cwo yesterday and got a cheque for €196. Most of that went on bills and food.
    She said it's most likely I will have to come back down again next week so they are not confident that the system will be fixed soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Fagashlil

Nothing here again. Trip to the CWO for my child's birthday as I've about €3 after bills-yay. It's a disgrace, their statement said they'd allocated more staff to deal with the influx of calls, yet their phone are off the hook.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭swpb

Woke up to nothing

anyone else?

Me too

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭swpb

What do we need to bring with when going to cwo

• Advertisement

swpb wrote: »
    What do we need to bring with when going to cwo

I was just given a firm yo fill in-you need your pps number

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Woke up to nothing

anyone else?

Nothing here.

1 week missing again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ciara37

I'm ringing IB now and have been ringing for 43 minutes...it's a total disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

I'm on hold 55 minutes. I don't know whether it is my doctor or them but I haven't had money in two weeks now. Got a text from them saying I needed a cert and went to collect it and my doctor said I sent in a 6 month cert at the end of August.

Do they even do 6 months certs now?! Won't get anything off CWO as hubbie has his pension but he has MS and I'm putting off paying bills here.. I was getting it for more than 4 weeks so I'm assuming the cert is right..

I literally don't have time to sit here and wait, I've depression but I still have to look after my hubbie so I can't spend an hour on hold..

I'm on hold 55 minutes. I don't know whether it is my doctor or them but I haven't had money in two weeks now. Got a text from them saying I needed a cert and went to collect it and my doctor said I sent in a 6 month cert at the end of August.

Do they even do 6 months certs now?! Won't get anything off CWO as hubbie has his pension but he has MS and I'm putting off paying bills here.. I was getting it for more than 4 weeks so I'm assuming the cert is right..

I literally don't have time to sit here and wait, I've depression but I still have to look after my hubbie so I can't spend an hour on hold..

When I got to 1:02 they just cut me off...my blood is boiling now...are u still on hold

ciara37 wrote: »
    When I got to 1:02 they just cut me off...my blood is boiling now...are u still on hold

No i got to 1:02 and it dropped.... this is very stressful!!!! I'm waiting to get ramps in my house (which they declined the grant for) and I need this money... I've anxiety and this is pushing me over the edge because I always am so diligent with paperwork.

No i got to 1:02 and it dropped.... this is very stressful!!!! I'm waiting to get ramps in my house (which they declined the grant for) and I need this money... I've anxiety and this is pushing me over the edge because I always am so diligent with paperwork.

I'm so sorry for what you're going through...it's so difficult

Just got a reply on Twitter... sent them my number and now I play the waiting game..

Just got a reply on Twitter... sent them my number and now I play the waiting game..

Don't get excited...I've done the Twitter thing too since last Friday and they haven't rang me....I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news

• Advertisement

I'm just back from my local INTREO office, the CWOs have been told tha emergency payments are now to be means tested, so no money for me till this complete **** up is resolved.

Advertisement