Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illness benefit problems since new form

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Whiplashy wrote: »
    The receptionist is lovely. The GP has told her to tell patients that he’s not filling it in. In fairness to her she did look embarrassed telling me.

Imagine if this would cause a delay in processing your claim. I just can't understand why the gp would refuse to fill it. If he or she isn't sure there is "other" to pick from.

While the department of social protection has a lot to answer, some gp's aren't any better tbh.

With patients interest in mind they should fill the form and not being petty about it.
    Some claim they never got them, some refuse to use them and there are those who refuse to fill them correctly.

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Glad you got sorted :)

Received two weeks missing payments today.

The drama is over for me :)

Now to convince the doctor that I am fully fit and hopefully back at work next Monday. Would be handy to get paid before Christmas, 12 weeks out of work cost a lot of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

wonski wrote: »

Now to convince the doctor that I am fully fit and hopefully back at work next Monday. Would be handy to get paid before Christmas, 12 weeks out of work cost a lot of money.

I got two weeks aswell plus an extra day, €33. I'm still none the wiser.
    I'm hoping i'll be able to go back work this side of Christmas and finish the year on a high.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Good luck and happy Christmas

I got two weeks aswell plus an extra day, €33. I'm still none the wiser.
    I'm hoping i'll be able to go back work this side of Christmas and finish the year on a high.

Best of luck bohsceltic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Is the IB back to paying on usual day at normal rate now? I have had over two months of little or no payments.This Monday was first normal payment.Will we be ok over Christmas? Certs sent on new forms now.So fed up of the worry of checking my bank to see nothing.

Is the IB back to paying on usual day at normal rate now? I have had over two months of little or no payments.This Monday was first normal payment.Will we be ok over Christmas? Certs sent on new forms now.So fed up of the worry of checking my bank to see nothing.

I don't really know. My usual payday is Friday but the last two weeks I got nothing until I got through to IB and they paid me on a Tuesday.
    It's worrying that we never know when we will get OUR money.
    I have doctor today so I am just going to have to lie to get back to work. That's how fecked up this country has become. I can't live on IB and wait to see if I get a payment every week. It's stressfull enough without that hanging over your shoulder.

Give them a call, both me and the poster above got through in around 40 minutes.

They now pay in advance so they issue payment when they receive the cert. Unless they lose it, like mine ;)

Give them a call, both me and the poster above got through in around 40 minutes.

They now pay in advance so they issue payment when they receive the cert. Unless they lose it, like mine ;)

Thank you.Got through after 25 minutes... could not believe it!!! They say everything is back on track and my payment for Saturday/Monday was authorized yesterday.(think that makes sense) Can't wait to go back to work in the new year hopefully and I never thought I would say that!!

splinter65 wrote: »
    Good luck and happy Christmas

Thanks man. My knee just passed its NCT :)

Back to work on Wednesday, right in the middle of the busiest time of the year, but that's OK.

I hope this thread will become very quiet soon.

Wish you all all the best!

• Advertisement

Got through after 25 mins.. amazing!! Said everything back on track now and my payment for Saturday/Monday was authorized yesterday.Suppose that makes sense!! Never thought I would be relieved to go back to work in the new year.Fingers crossed.

Thanks man. My knee just passed its NCT :)

Back to work on Wednesday, right in the middle of the busiest time of the year, but that's OK.

I hope this thread will become very quiet soon.

Wish you all all the best!

Good to hear. My Doctor signed me fit to return in 10 days time. At least no more waiting around for IB :).
    I need to see CWO before as i won't get any salary untill January 25 so i think they will assist untill i get my first wage.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Hesthea

Glad to hear that some have received their payments... now i just need to wait for mine. Still missing one week's payment. =/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,556 ✭✭✭✭banie01

My GP is now using photocopied forms rather than the new ones, New year should be interesting!

banie01 wrote: »
    My GP is now using photocopied forms rather than the new ones, New year should be interesting!

Photo copies of the new form should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,556 ✭✭✭✭banie01

splinter65 wrote: »
    Photo copies of the new form should be fine.

Its the old ones though :(

Its the old ones though :(

Not so fine

Got €165 today but bank took out €175 despite them saying they wouldn't do, this has happened four times now. I try to call them and their lines are closed due to staff training. Just more stress and i am starting to lose the plot now.
    Their service is called Open 24 but that's another lie. Raging in an understatement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

Got €165 today but bank took out €175 despite them saying they wouldn't do, this has happened four times now. I try to call them and their lines are closed due to staff training. Just more stress and i am starting to lose the plot now.
    Their service is called Open 24 but that's another lie. Raging in an understatement.

I'm so sorry you're going through this. And everyone else in this situation.

It's a disgrace.

Best of luck next Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Callymosh

My GP has been using photocopies of old forms for months now and my payments have been back on track for nearly a month. Hopefully it will be the same for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭MazzR

Hi. Is Saturday a payment day?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

MazzR wrote: »
    Hi. Is Saturday a payment day?

It can be - I have gotten a payment on a Saturday.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/department-apologises-as-terminally-ill-cork-man-did-not-receive-illness-payment-in-six-weeks-892171.html

"The Department wishes to confirm that it is making its normal level of weekly payments for Illness Benefit – 50,000 per week.

"Regrettably, however, occasionally as with all schemes, we do have administrative errors which result in non-timely payments to our customers.

"We endeavour to always deliver a good service to our customers."

We are customers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭gnarbarian

Hi, Does anyone know how the collection of certs works out for christmas week?
    Do I pick up 2 certs next wednesday? or do we get a payment during christmas week at all?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

gnarbarian wrote: »
    Hi, Does anyone know how the collection of certs works out for christmas week?
    Do I pick up 2 certs next wednesday? or do we get a payment during christmas week at all?

I get my certs on a Monday and GP receptionist told me I have to come in on Xmas Eve and New Years Eve before 12 to get the certs and post as usual.

As far as I know there is no postal collection on Xmas Eve so my cert will be sitting in the post box until at least Thursday :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/department-apologises-as-terminally-ill-cork-man-did-not-receive-illness-payment-in-six-weeks-892171.html

"The Department wishes to confirm that it is making its normal level of weekly payments for Illness Benefit – 50,000 per week.

"Regrettably, however, occasionally as with all schemes, we do have administrative errors which result in non-timely payments to our customers.

"We endeavour to always deliver a good service to our customers."

We are customers ?

I thought this was quite interesting...
    I have been in contact with them weekly, I hand in my certs religiously into my own local welfare office

I failed to ever get through to them.

Secondly, I thought handing in certs to local office was a thing of the past ? I had to post mine to Aras Mhic Dhiarmada.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭gnarbarian

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    I get my certs on a Monday and GP receptionist told me I have to come in on Xmas Eve and New Years Eve before 12 to get the certs and post as usual.

As far as I know there is no postal collection on Xmas Eve so my cert will be sitting in the post box until at least Thursday :confused:

Thank you for the answer!...
    Wouldn't it be a lot simpler to do it the way I had thought? Y'know pick up 2 certs next week... the mind boggles :confused:

I was told last Monday on the phone that I'll have my payment by today-no payment in the bank but I did get the letter to say it's been awarded. It was September I was out sick. Any idea of how long from letter should I see payment? Thanks

MazzR wrote: »
    I was told last Monday on the phone that I'll have my payment by today-no payment in the bank but I did get the letter to say it's been awarded. It was September I was out sick. Any idea of how long from letter should I see payment? Thanks

I would try to phone them again before they close for Christmas.

• Advertisement

So I rang again today and she authorised it there and then...how long should I be waiting for payment now does anyone have an idea? Could really do with it

Advertisement