Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illness benefit problems since new form

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭padraig.od

I left a cert into my local swo and got payment the next day, I posted a certain Monday gone and still haven’t received payment even though it was scanned in

How do you know something was scanned in? They are a black box, no info. My wife applied mid December and received a payment last week but she hasn't received any remittance or further communication. We have posted the cert for February and don't know if they have received it and if payment will be interrupted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

padraig.od wrote: »
    How do you know something was scanned in? They are a black box, no info. My wife applied mid December and received a payment last week but she hasn't received any remittance or further communication. We have posted the cert for February and don't know if they have received it and if payment will be interrupted

Don't hold your breath on that front :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

padraig.od wrote: »

If you ring the social welfare info line you can check if a cert was scanned in

Does anyone know why or see the logic in persisting with paying E33 followed by E165 ? That's if you are lucky :rolleyes:

I'm short the 165 amount for last week :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭NickD

Does anyone know why or see the logic in persisting with paying E33 followed by E165 ? That's if you are lucky :rolleyes:

I'm short the 165 amount for last week :mad:

I was left short last week's as well. Back to spending my days ringing them I suppose

• Advertisement

NickD wrote: »
    I was left short last week's as well. Back to spending my days ringing them I suppose

It's f***kin pathetic in this day and age that 1/ they can't get these things right and 2/ that you have to spend an age trying to get through :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

I only handed in one weeks cert but they paid me for an extra week.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,498 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Finally got a look at the "new" IB form this morning!
    Only 6 months after they came into use.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,697 ✭✭✭horse7

Could you post an image of the form please.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,498 ✭✭✭✭banie01

horse7 wrote: »

I don't have a blank example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,697 ✭✭✭horse7

So does the doctor fill in the form or do you fill in the form, for someone on monthly certs is there a different procedure?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

So does the doctor fill in the form or do you fill in the form, for someone on monthly certs is there a different procedure?

Your doctor will fill in his part, I only had to add PPS, date of birth and sign a declaration I won't be working on those dates.

It is very simple form ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

I got paid but straight away the bank were in to take €175 off me again. Trying to change bank but the thoughts of trying to get through to IB and and rely on them putting in the correct details is already stressing me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    I got paid but straight away the bank were in to take €175 off me again. Trying to change bank but the thoughts of trying to get through to IB and and rely on them putting in the correct details is already stressing me out.

Fill this form with your new bank details and send it in

http://www.welfare.ie/en/pdf/eft.pdf

splinter65 wrote: »
    Fill this form with your new bank details and send it in

http://www.welfare.ie/en/pdf/eft.pdf

Thank you. So many times this has happened leaving me with 20 odd euro despite the bank saying they will defer the payments and i have written proof too. It's the last thing anyone needs who suffers from anxiety and depression.

Now i have to just go full tilt and get onto the ombudsman.

Are payments slow this week for anyone else?

Are payments slow this week for anyone else?

Yep, have got nothing. It sickens me that i have to go to the Doctor every week while people who never work just get their money straight into the bank without any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Vermelho

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Yep, have got nothing. It sickens me that i have to go to the Doctor every week while people who never work just get their money straight into the bank without any issues.

You can ask to be put on monthly certs if your illness is likely to be an extended period of time.

Left in a cert last Monday,cert was scanned in, no payment yet

Vermelho wrote:
    You can ask to be put on monthly certs if your illness is likely to be an extended period of time.

Who does one ask for this? The IB section? No money for me in almost two weeks, how do these clowns expect people to live? It's difficult enough having an illness but worrying if and when payments are gonna be made only compound issues.

Christ it's frustrating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Vermelho

Who does one ask for this? The IB section? No money for me in almost two weeks, how do these clowns expect people to live? It's difficult enough having an illness but worrying if and when payments are gonna be made only compound issues.

Christ it's frustrating.

I think your doctor can just do it, not sure if they have to call first for approval.

Still nothing this morning, any tips on getting through on the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 corkgal27

Send them a DM on Twitter, they will get back to you within a few hours
    https://mobile.twitter.com/welfare_ie

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭gnarbarian

This is the number for Illness Benefit 01 704 3000
    I used this number twice in the last two weeks when my money went walkies..

corkgal27 wrote: »
    Send them a DM on Twitter, they will get back to you within a few hours
    https://mobile.twitter.com/welfare_ie
    This is the number for Illness Benefit 01 704 3000
    I used this number twice in the last two weeks when my money went walkies..

That's the number I called first thing at 10am this morning, got through to some guy after 27 mins (Not bad I guess). Told me they hadn't received certs blah blah blah, assured me he would issue payment this week.

I have a long term illness so am considering changing my claim from IB, not sure are other payments better/worse/same :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Went into get my weekly cert today and apparently they have changed the system again.

Weekly certs are being replaced with 'closed end' certs where the GP has to tell the dept an end date in advance when you are expected to be able to return to work.
    So my GP and I sat there and tried to guestimate when that would be as I am recovering from surgery but need more surgery but appt with consultant for more tests isn't for a month and then there's the waiting list to have the surgery and then recovery time...

We ended up putting down 3 months and she took copious notes on my condition and my job in case the dept query that.

I have a bad feeling about this...

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭gnarbarian

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Went into get my weekly cert today and apparently they have changed the system again.

Weekly certs are being replaced with 'closed end' certs where the GP has to tell the dept an end date in advance when you are expected to be able to return to work.
    So my GP and I sat there and tried to guestimate when that would be as I am recovering from surgery but need more surgery but appt with consultant for more tests isn't for a month and then there's the waiting list to have the surgery and then recovery time...

We ended up putting down 3 months and she took copious notes on my condition and my job in case the dept query that.

I have a bad feeling about this...

Oh God! You've put the fear in me now..
    Can anyone else confirm that this is a new thing?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

gnarbarian wrote: »
    Oh God! You've put the fear in me now..
    Can anyone else confirm that this is a new thing?

GP wasn't impressed. She said this was just landed on them with no warning or consultation. I have a really good relationship with everyone in that practice and if they knew about this last Monday they would absolutely have told me.

Before they can sign one of these certs you must see the Doc so it might be a good idea for anyone on weekly certs to check in case you need to make an appt. I was just lucky that my lift was late today so I got there literally just as they opened after lunch so was able to go straight in to Doc.
    They also have a book from the Dept that gives guidelines as to how long before each 'condition' can be expected to go back to work - estimates which, according to my GP, they seem to have pulled out of their not medically trained arses.

One plus was that they post the cert not me...

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭hawthorne

Bad copy of the new certs can be seen here:

http://www.cliniclimerick.com/news/new-forms-and-certs-illness-and-injury-benefit-schemes-23-july-2018

My doc still has not received the new forms. He ran out of the old ones last year and now only issues photocopies of the old form.

The problem is not sorted out at all. Shame on the media and the opposition parties which do not highlight the issue enough.

The DoSP is still using patients as pawns in their games with the two doctors organizations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Your doctor must be the only one in the whole country that has not received new forms.

Or just very stubborn and refusing to accept them. At patients cost.

These forms were issued long time ago, there is no reason for one not to get them, or maybe just ask for them if he didn't get it. If he is running a medical practice he should be on top of those things.

Advertisement