Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illness benefit problems since new form

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Did you get your money in the end? Think there are still problems for some of us.

I did last week from CWO but that was a once off payment as they are not allowed to pay because they have been told the problem has been fixed, ha. She was in contact with IB but have heard nothing back.
    They had never processed last week's cert and looks like the same again this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

Never mind about bonuses, I'm still owed for my final cert... two months after I submitted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Fagashlil

splinter65 wrote: »
    The Christmas bonus is only for long term SW payments.

Thanks-10 months on it so far feels like an eternity!!

I forget other people aren’t on it as long.

Never mind about bonuses, I'm still owed for my final cert... two months after I submitted it.

I know many people are on SW for valid reasons but it's quite annoying to see people who don't want to work getting rewarded for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

As per those rules, previously unemployed people can receive IB but yet they do not receive the Xmas bonus or the fuel allowance. That's unfair to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

klaaaz wrote: »
    As per those rules, previously unemployed people can receive IB but yet they do not receive the Xmas bonus or the fuel allowance. That's unfair to them.

In order to qualify for IB in 2018 you would have to have been working and paying PRSI for at least 13 weeks in 2016 so not really that long term either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

In order to qualify for IB in 2018 you would have to have been working and paying PRSI for at least 13 weeks in 2016 so not really that long term either.

If someone worked in 2016, became unemployed for a period of 1 year(as per definition of long term unemployment) and then became ill, they qualify for IB without the extra benefits(fuel, Xmas bonus). If they did not become ill and continued to be unemployed, they would get the extra benefits. The system is designed backwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

klaaaz wrote: »
    If someone worked in 2016, became unemployed for a period of 1 year(as per definition of long term unemployment) and then became ill, they qualify for IB without the extra benefits(fuel, Xmas bonus). If they did not become ill and continued to be unemployed, they would get the extra benefits. The system is designed backwards.

The definition of long term unemployed is 15 months on Jobseekers ALLOWANCE or SWA. Time spent on Jobseekers Benefit or Illness Benefit can’t be counted in this period.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Hesthea

One month after i returned to work to be able to pay the bills, i am still waiting to be paid for the last IB cert. I have already talked with a lady from IB about it last week that confirmed me that 1 payment hadn't been done but that would send a message to the ones responsible for it but so far nothing.

Wasn't this issue supposed to be fixed already?

Fagashlil wrote: »
    Anyone know why IB is one of the few that doesn’t get the Christmas bonus?

Just found out i am not included on the Xmas bonus as a lone parent either =(

They should give it to people on IB after the mess they have created for people who have jobs but are on sick leave and have been treated like dirt.

Update, thought payment might have went in overnight but nothing.
    I'm tired of having to chase them all the time now. Looks like Monday will be spent on the phone trying to get through again !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Saturday, no money received.

Great, just great :mad:

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    They should give it to people on IB after the mess they have created for people who have jobs but are on sick leave and have been treated like dirt.

Update, thought payment might have went in overnight but nothing.
    I'm tired of having to chase them all the time now. Looks like Monday will be spent on the phone trying to get through again !

What is it like trying to get through these days ?

What is it like trying to get through these days ?

Still a nightmare. It's worrying if even the CWO can't even get through.

Still a nightmare. It's worrying if even the CWO can't even get through.

I won't even bother so. They'll get to me eventually. Presumably.

I'm back at work so not too badly off compared to some.

I won't even bother so. They'll get to me eventually. Presumably.

I'm back at work so not too badly off compared to some.

I wouldn't bet on it unfortunately.

I haven't received any response (apart from generic email) to official complaint sent weeks ago.

No money received this week either (yet).

Looking forward to my appointment next Thursday to be told I am fit for work and can start working again. They can keep their €€€ for now, but I will follow up on this and they better get their **** together soon.

They were quick to reduce my tax credits, though :confused:

wonski wrote: »
    I wouldn't bet on it unfortunately.

I haven't received any response (apart from generic email) to official complaint sent weeks ago.

No money received this week either (yet).

Looking forward to my appointment next Thursday to be told I am fit for work and can start working again. They can keep their €€€ for now, but I will follow up on this and they better get their **** together soon.

They were quick to reduce my tax credits, though :confused:

Indeed. When I went back to work my tax was >60/week over the norm, for 5 weeks. It took a call to Revenue, but they were fantastic.

How the F is anyone supposed to get back on their feet though ?

The mri/tests/consultants/op/meds/lost wages had already left me down c.8k.

Then you go back to work and still down hundreds before it gets sorted.

I can't fathom the contempt with which we are being treated.

Indeed. When I went back to work my tax was >60/week over the norm, for 5 weeks. It took a call to Revenue, but they were fantastic.

How the F is anyone supposed to get back on their feet though ?

The mri/tests/consultants/op/meds/lost wages had already left me down c.8k.

Then you go back to work and still down hundreds before it gets sorted.

I can't fathom the contempt with which we are being treated.

I just worked mine out there (probably shouldn't have) and i am down nearly 18k.:eek:

Well, It's Monday and still no sign of last week payment.

Strangely it's the first time I haven't received anything at all.

I guess it was my turn.

Well, It's Monday and still no sign of last week payment.

Strangely it's the first time I haven't received anything at all.

I guess it was my turn.

Same here. I have the kettle on now so i can sit down and call IB while drinking copius amounts of tea..

Same here. I have the kettle on now so i can sit down and call IB while drinking copius amounts of tea..

At least water is free ;)

Let us know if you get through. I haven't tried in a while as it used to be a waste of time.

• Advertisement

At least water is free ;)

Let us know if you get through. I haven't tried in a while as it used to be a waste of time.

Got through after 35 mins so not too bad. They said the computer had somehow scanned 2 certs (the certs i was missing payment from)but it came up with the same dates so that was the delay.

You would think they would have let me know as that's going back to the 16th November.
    He said i should have my arrears by Wednesday morning.

I won't hold my breath though.

Thanks, I will give it a go later and see what their excuse is in my case.

Thanks, I will give it a go later and see what their excuse is in my case.

I got through after 40 minutes, first time ever. Apparently my last cert has not been received, but she took my word for it and sent the payment. Same with missing week from weeks ago. Result:cool:

Those missing certs being sent on time every time, I doubt they went missing at AnPost sorting office tbh.

I got through after 40 minutes, first time ever. Apparently my last cert has not been received, but she took my word for it and sent the payment. Same with missing week from weeks ago. Result:cool:

Those missing certs being sent on time every time, I doubt they went missing at AnPost sorting office tbh.

Glad you got sorted :)

Glad you got sorted :)

Well I will believe it when I see it, but at least the waiting time has been reduced.

She was very nice and understanding, we got through all the payments dates, have kept a screenshot of online banking transfer which was handy.

They really should think of online certification at this stage, instead of investing in scanners to scan certs sent by snail mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Finally got one of the new certs from my GPs. The receptionist said he’s not bothering with the back of it and to just ignore it. Am I in for more messed up payments because of this? I’m tempted to mark something down myself on it, but I’m not sure which one to mark and I don’t want to get in trouble.

Whiplashy wrote: »
    Finally got one of the new certs from my GPs. The receptionist said he’s not bothering with the back of it and to just ignore it. Am I in for more messed up payments because of this? I’m tempted to mark something down myself on it, but I’m not sure which one to mark and I don’t want to get in trouble.

Get back to your gp and ask him to tick the box, if the receptionist is not too bothered with it.

Talk about blaming the department when the receptionists are too busy to tick one box on the form. Mind boggling really.

Whiplashy wrote: »

I noticed that myself, My GP never seems to tick the box either.

Pure laziness imo.

Mine does, don't think it affects claims, but still can't see the reason to not to tick the box.

Takes a second. They get paid for it, too.

Tell them next time you are not too bothered with typing in pin into their card machine :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Get back to your gp and ask him to tick the box, if the receptionist is not too bothered with it.

Talk about blaming the department when the receptionists are too busy to tick one box on the form. Mind boggling really.

The receptionist is lovely. The GP has told her to tell patients that he’s not filling it in. In fairness to her she did look embarrassed telling me.

Advertisement