Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bringing Children To Games

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

cms88 wrote:
    Whats funny about this is you saying how nothing will happen etc, and more than likely nothing will

There's never a problem until there is a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

cms88 wrote: »
    Shes not being forced to bring the child to the match either as much as you and others seem to think she is.

Whats funny about this is you saying how nothing will happen etc, and more than likely nothing will, but if something were to happen you'd most likely be one of the first to come out and blame the GAA for it

That is ridiculous. I can guarantee you 1000% that if something were to happen, I would not be blaming the GAA for it. What do you imagine that something as being anyway? "Something" could happen whether she in a plane, crossing the street, or waiting for a bus. So should all mothers stay at home with their children and not leave their houses until they are able to go to school, until they can walk, until they get married...what? That seems to be the attitude of some on here.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

ProudDUB wrote: »
    That is ridiculous. I can guarantee you 1000% that if something were to happen, I would not be blaming the GAA for it. What do you imagine that something as being anyway? "Something" could happen whether she in a plane, crossing the street, or waiting for a bus. So should all mothers stay at home with their children and not leave their houses until they are able to go to school, until they can walk, until they get married...what? That seems to be the attitude of some on here.

you're some man for the hyperbole ProudDUB, have to give you that.;)

bruschi wrote: »
    you're some man for the hyperbole ProudDUB, have to give you that.;)

Whether it comes to winning trophies, or winning arguments on de interwebz, we Dubs don't do things by halves. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭cms88

You keep ranting on about not letting mother's out etc Where has anyone said anything even close to that? Will you ignore this question the same way you did when people asked you why you were bringing the husband into? When one else mentioned it?

• Advertisement

cms88 wrote: »
    You keep ranting on about not letting mother's out etc Where has anyone said anything even close to that? Will you ignore this question the same way you did when people asked you why you were bringing the husband into? When one else mentioned it?

Look back over the thread and you'll see plenty of comments about parents needing to lower their expectations of where they can take their kids when they become parents. That is fair enough. I wouldn't take a baby into a nightclub or to a prison. Where do we - total strangers to this woman - get off thinking we have the moral authority to tell her it is not safe to bring her child to a match, when kids have been going to matches since the GAA was founded. Neither the GAA or Croke Park have a ban on babies at games, so why is it dangerous now, all of sudden? That seems to be the basis of a lot posters arguements that it is wrong of her take her child to a match. Where do you draw the line as to where it safe to take a baby and where it is not? Is it when the child can walk? When the child can talk? When the child can sit up on its own? When? Should the childs own mother not be the one to decide?

Bringing the father into all this is perfectly relevant, seeing as some posters think Croke Park is too rowdy and, a baby needs too much stuff for one woman on her own to be able to cope. Her having another adult there to lend assistance kinda blows all that out of the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭cms88

Look back over the thread and you'll see plenty of comments about parents needing to lower their expectations of where they can take their kids when they become parents. That is fair enough. I wouldn't take a baby into a nightclub or to a prison. Where do we - total strangers to this woman - get off thinking we have the moral authority to tell her it is not safe to bring her child to a match, when kids have been going to matches since the GAA was founded. Neither the GAA or Croke Park have a ban on babies at games, so why is it dangerous now, all of sudden? That seems to be the basis of a lot posters arguements that it is wrong of her take her child to a match. Where do you draw the line as to where it safe to take a baby and where it is not? Is it when the child can walk? When the child can talk? When the child can sit up on its own? When? Should the childs own mother not be the one to decide?

Bringing the father into all this is perfectly relevant, seeing as some posters think Croke Park is too rowdy and, a baby needs too much stuff for one woman on her own to be able to cope. Her having another adult there to lend assistance kinda blows all that out of the water.

Not one person said anything about women not being able to do anything though did they? That's what you're saying.

As for the second part again no one is forcing her to bring the child are they? So really bringing her husbend into it has nothing to do with anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Whether it comes to winning trophies, or winning arguments on de interwebz, we Dubs don't do things by halves. :D

I've never met a Dub who worried about being wrong

Advertisement