Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family of seven sleep in Garda station Mod note post one

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭jjmcclure

Cash is to the right thinking, we have had enough crap , working people of Ireland what Ian Paisley was to the republican movement, the best recruiting sergeant we could hope for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Where are these hubs people are living in ?

How many families can be in them ?

Seems like its the only thing that can really help and be done quick. Houses and apartments is fantasy stuff .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

NIMAN wrote: »
    I'm sure it's been discussed at whatever meetings they have behind the scenes on these shows.

Tbh, I would like to see her on, but I wouldn't expect either of the hosts to grill her in any way. I'm sure they would feel they'd have to side with her, due to 7 kids being involved and all.

I agree if it helps put this runt back in her box, and she performs as she has up till now and revels her true nature it will absolutely get the ire of decent hardworking people up. Maybe then we can have a genuine discussion and address the real problem of affordable housing without the noise pollution of Cash and the idiots .put her on turbridy and he can fawn over her and give her the soft AHHH treatment maybe we can kill 2 pricks with the one stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I agree if it helps put this runt back in her box, and she performs as she has up till now and revels her true nature it will absolutely get the ire of decent hardworking people up. Maybe then we can have a genuine discussion and address the real problem of affordable housing without the noise pollution of Cash and the idiots .put her on turbridy and he can fawn over her and give her the soft AHHH treatment maybe we can kill 2 pricks with the one stone.

Do you really think anything will put 'this runt', as you call her, back in her box? I don't. She is the way she is and will never change. She'll always feel like she is owed everything for nothing, and most likely will be given everything for nothing. And unfortunately she isn't unique either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

jay0109 wrote: »
    Regina Doherty, Minister for SW, was on Sean O'Rourke show this AM speaking about social housing. On several occasions she spoke about the thousands of social houses currently being built so that people could get their 'forever home'.

Think about that for a second: FG are suppose to be right wing. A major failure of the last mass built batch of social housing was that those who got them never were required to move on even when their situations would have allowed so. And Doherty is supposed to be 1 of the tougher, less passionate members of FG. And here she is talking about 'forever homes'

We really are screwed as a country. it's 1 giant ponzi scheme

She'll just want confirmation the homes aren't near hers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It boils my ****ing blood seeing that woman getting absolutely everything for free from our taxes, and then have her claim the government is robbing her. Makes an absolute mockery of every person working and trying to save for a mortgage/pay rent.

Kiith wrote: »
    It boils my ****ing blood seeing that woman getting absolutely everything for free from our taxes, and then have her claim the government is robbing her. Makes an absolute mockery of every person working and trying to save for a mortgage/pay rent.

It says a lot that the organisers took the loudspeaker off her!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

100% of travellers have the same views as her! and the government want to start teaching their culture in schools ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

The Fermoy family are on the front of the local paper!43162592_10156794316613185_8268990094199750656_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=2c7d1b02467dcae3699b4c392bae95fe&oe=5C4BF3BD

He was on 96fm this morning

Waiting to be arrested and is going nowhere

Apparently his wife will lock herself and the kids in the mobile home

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭JPCN1

hawkelady wrote: »
    100% of travellers have the same views as her! and the government want to start teaching their culture in schools ffs
    Think we'd be far better off teaching people very basic economics and the rights and responsibilities of citizenship.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

I’m sorry but it’s a bit late now for the organiswrs and Sinn Féin to suddenly not want to peddle ms cash as their rant at the government.

They were only too happy to name drop her all last week and call for Eoghan Murphys head when the story broke.

They should have done their homework on her first instead of populist ranting.

Glad she is showing their nonsense up for what it is.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Do you really think anything will put 'this runt', as you call her, back in her box? I don't. She is the way she is and will never change. She'll always feel like she is owed everything for nothing, and most likely will be given everything for nothing. And unfortunately she isn't unique either.

As long as I don't have to listen to the stream of moronic vomit spewing from her ignorant mouth or see her grasping sneering face on news feeds and protests. If the gubberment can find her a "foreva home" can we all pitch in and buy her a big enough rock to crawl under

can't

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

That podcast was gas. I wonder is she like that on a daily basis.

"Giz a bawx a' cig-retz der will ya"
    "Sure, that'll be €11"
    "eh? Yer fewkin' robbin' me, robbin' me, i ain't payin' ya a penny"
    "But.. it's a shop, you have to?"
    "Fewk awf, yeh rawber, had enough of yiz stealin' all my money da' i worked hard fer by ridin' me criminal lad non stop"
    "..."

No one can relax till we know where shes gonna be put, if I lived in tallagh and had an vacant council house next door id be worried. Like at a party and that one aunt/cousin you know the cnut everyone hovers around until you know where its gonna sit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    He was on 96fm this morning

Waiting to be arrested and is going nowhere

Apparently his wife will lock herself and the kids in the mobile home

It's amazing how all these bottom feeder,s kids have ADHD.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

massy086 wrote: »

I do believe that certain kids have ADHD but that it is way over-diagnosed.

Most of the time it is just lack of control over the kids due to bad parenting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I do believe that certain kids have ADHD but that it is way over-diagnosed.

Most of the time it is just lack of control over the kids due to bad parenting.

I'm reliably informed that there is now "ODD" which is Opposition Defiance Disorder I believe - "symptoms" include not wanting to do what parents or teachers tell you.

What the actual f**k is going on ???? I've a nephew with autism and that **** is painfully real but I do fear some are definitely being made up.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

babi-hrse wrote: »
    Are newly built social houses exempt from reg L?
    That's a genuine question I don't know for sure.
    I've seen new social houses with pv panels

i don't know.
    What kinda statement is that. Just because I can doesn't mean that I should be different like there's some kind of divide that I can never cross over to. What if I stopped going to work and decided to watch jermy Kyle until my situation deteriorates.
    Obviously that wouldn't suit but but I wouldn't be hammered finincially.

long term you possibly would. you would also lose out on the benefits work can bring.
    Something needs to be given for social housing partial endorsements of wages by percentage which is something they do.
    Or community service.

rent has to be paid in social housing. it will depend on the income as to how much.
    community service would require lots of resources for some which just aren't there and if they were, could be better used elsewhere for other people. + much of the jobs that could be done under community service already have people to do them.
    And for serious crime they should be penalised to loose the house. Might even curb crime.

i can't see that it would curb crime. i have not read of any country who has actually been successful in curbing crime via such measures.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I'm reliably informed that there is now "ODD" which is Opposition Defiance Disorder I believe - "symptoms" include not wanting to do what parents or teachers tell you.

I believe that a lot of kids were just dismissed as "bold" in years gone by; I'm pretty sure I have undiagnosed ADD, but was called a "daydreamer" by teachers.

Having said that, I agree entirely that the balance has tipped in the other direction now. Every second kid, usually from Cash-style families, seems to have some sort of disability or learning issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

massy086 wrote: »

Carers Allowance, domicillary care allowance etc etc

I believe that a lot of kids were just dismissed as "bold" in years gone by; I'm pretty sure I have undiagnosed ADD, but was called a "daydreamer" by teachers.

Having said that, I agree entirely that the balance has tipped in the other direction now. Every second kid, usually from Cash-style families, seems to have some sort of disability or learning issue.

Oh don't get me wrong, it's good there are more cases being diagnosed genuinely and these are kids who like yourself may have been written off.

You're spot on though - without an educational psychologists report I am sceptical.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

Without getting into eugenics territory, IQ has a strong genetic element. As does dyslexia and other learning difficulties. And if the parents are badly educated and borderline illiterate, then the kids are not going to develop well in those areas.

Rinse and repeat over short generations, with poor, immature and badly educated parents with low IQ, and this gets worse.

Cash is an inevitable consequence of this, and political correctness has enabled it.

She is a child of the Bertie social welfare years.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I heard the Nial boylan interview and it appears cash is now fully believing her own hype. She's been built up to be a spokesperson but "de guvvermant r robburs" is about the only argument she can articulate. Possibly not her fault but more so the people behind her.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

Just listened to the Boylan interview, bloody hell, imagine having that live next door to you? It's the first time I've heard her speak actually, what a nasty piece of work she comes across as.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

You can quite audibly hear Boylan holding back laughter on one or two occasions in that interview. She is so ridiculous to the point of being hilarious, and yet she is being held up as the poster child for this cause, christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

What the actual f**k is going on ???? I've a nephew with autism and that **** is painfully real but I do fear some are definitely being made up.

I actually have Oppositional Defiance Disorder and I tell you it's not something to laugh at. The problem is when everyone and their brother is diagnosed with it because they misbehave at school.

My ODD is comorbid with ASD and severe anxiety.

Here's what ODD has done to my life:
    Effects of Oppositional Defiant Disorder

It is vital for parents to seek help for their child before the problems become severe and lead to complications in their lives. Children who do not receive treatment and support for their ODD may suffer from long-lasting effects. Such effects can include:
    • Social isolation
    • Lack of friendships
    • An inability to develop meaningful relationships
    • Difficulty in educational settings
    If the disorder remains untreated, the following effects can result in adults when they have not received the proper help required to manage their symptoms of ODD:
    • Ongoing patterns of relationship conflicts
    • Trying to control others
    • Unable to “let go” of grudges / having difficulty forgiving
    • Arguing with authority figures that can result in negative consequences, such as bei

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Rinse and repeat over short generations, with poor, immature and badly educated parents with low IQ, and this gets worse.

I agree completely; one example is the estate of Darndale in North Dublin; there was a scheme back in the 80s that provided part of the deposit for a house on a road in my estate for those who wanted to move out there, the ones who had the means but also the drive to do better for their kids.

The result? It meant the majority of those left behind didn't particularly care about doing better. Sure, some were just too broke, but most were happy living in a cesspit of anti social behaviour.

rent has to be paid in social housing. it will depend on the income as to how much..

One of the protesters yesterday was griping about having to pay €45 a week rent. She seemed to be expecting a home for free!

• Advertisement

Apropos of nothing really but getting the LUAS home yesterday there were protestors travelling home - one came out with the gem of "it's inhuman to have to pay for housing, it's a right"

Jesus wept.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement