Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family of seven sleep in Garda station Mod note post one

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

jmreire wrote: »
    There are lots of people out there who would support the Raise the Roof movement, and agree with their aims. Without pressure o the Government.. there won't be any meaningful change's, at least for a very long time. But allowing Margaret to speak ( shout ) at their meetings, and refuse to even debate the issue, will definitely not help the cause. Quite the opposite, in fact.

I agree , it s just what the powers that be want. This thread is heaven to them. If Margaret Cash is the focus of Ire from angry numptys like Niall Boylan et al it suits them just fine. Every system demands a scapegoat and she s wandered along just in the nick of time ......

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Dannyriver wrote: »
    Every system demands a scapegoat and she s wandered along just in the nick of time ......

Lol

But wouldn't expect anything less

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

john4321 wrote: »
    Hahaha. Worth reposting and definitely worth a listen. A horror show for her and her apologists.

What a rude, deluded, self-entitled, arrogant, ignorant, feckless leech!

“Winter is cummin’, winter is cummin’”. Yeah. Alright, calm down Ned Stark.

She didn’t even let Boylan ask one question fully before losing the rag and storming off shouting, “I’m not talking to him, he supports the gubbermint”. So much for debate.

As one of the tweets into the show asked afterwards, “how did all the people at the protest get the day off work?”.

Laughable stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,608 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

jmreire wrote: »
    There are lots of people out there who would support the Raise the Roof movement, and agree with their aims. Without pressure o the Government.. there won't be any meaningful change's, at least for a very long time. But allowing Margaret to speak ( shout ) at their meetings, and refuse to even debate the issue, will definitely not help the cause. Quite the opposite, in fact.

I would support the Raise the Roof ideal , have worked closely with the real homeless -those actually living on the streets , living in a hotel is not homeless to me - witnessed real homelessness in other countrys , children growing up on busy motorways , people living on a dump - I find Cash and a few others moaning when they actually are cared for pretty ok (compared to most other countrys ) ,its not perfect , but its a bit hard to take - its the Governments fault for everything (go live in another country and see will you get looked after better ? ) - my freinds sleeping and living in cars tonight have a much more appreciate outlook, even though they have less than Cash and few other vocal whiney soundbites.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Dannyriver wrote: »
    I agree , it s just what the powers that be want. This thread is heaven to them. If Margaret Cash is the focus of Ire from angry numptys like Niall Boylan et al it suits them just fine. Every system demands a scapegoat and she s wandered along just in the nick of time ......

I'm no great fan of Niall Boylan,but to make such an accusation against him,on the basis of his putting questions to Ms Cash,that none of the other Irish Media have is simply unfair to him.

Ms Cash is now the go-to person when Irish media outlets require a photo-op regarding the housing crisis,she (and her advisors) are apparently quite comfortable with this,and as a result Ms Cash is not to be found regularly offering a broader set of opinions,as in the mental health point earlier on.

Accusing a "System" of scapegoating this lady is all well and good,but perhaps identifying the particular "System" which is doing this,might allow for a more focused debate ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

Cash is a horror.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

AlekSmart wrote: »
    I'm no great fan of Niall Boylan,but to make such an accusation against him,on the basis of his putting questions to Ms Cash,that none of the other Irish Media have is simply unfair to him.

Ms Cash is now the go-to person when Irish media outlets require a photo-op regarding the housing crisis,she (and her advisors) are apparently quite comfortable with this,and as a result Ms Cash is not to be found regularly offering a broader set of opinions,as in the mental health point earlier on.

Accusing a "System" of scapegoating this lady is all well and good,but perhaps identifying the particular "System" which is doing this,might allow for a more focused debate ?

It’s not a ‘system’...it’s ‘de gubermint’

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I hope Cash keeps giving interviews. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

Why have you no home " Its the Gubberment"
    Why have no means and have never worked in your life " Its the Gubberment"
    Why do you have so many kids but no way to support them " Its the Gubberment"
    why did you leave school with just a basic education despite the efforts of your teachers " Its the Gubberment"
    why can@t you take even a tiny amount of personal responsibility " Its the Gubberment"
    why.." Its the Gubberment"
    why do.." Its the Gubberment"
    Let me finish please no " Its the Gubberment"
    " Its the Gubberment"
    " Its the Gubberment"
    " Its the Gubberment"
    " Its the Gubberment"
    " Its the Gubberment"
    " Its the Gubberment"
    " Its the Gubberment"
    " Its the Gubberment"
    Fu*kin Vermin & and a Pox on any twat who clapped or cheered this consequence

You can ban me now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Imagine if all the homeless agencies were merged together.

At last count there were over thirty!!!

All with "management" staff, and others.

What could the savings do?

My guess is a few hundred house could be obtained.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    I hope Cash keeps giving interviews. :pac:

I hope they don t ban Nassershammaz :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Imagine if all the homeless agencies were merged together.

At last count there were over thirty!!!

All with "management" staff, and others.

What could the savings do?

My guess is a few hundred house could be obtained.

I posted this on another thread.

Its a huge industry that wont be going away any time soon and they use people like Ms Flemming\Mrs Cash to keep it in the spotlight.

Looking at the accounts of Peter Mcverry Trust gives an idea of the figures.

https://www.pmvtrust.ie/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Approved-and-Signed-PMVT-Audited-Accounts-for-2017-Excluding-income-and-expenditure.pdf

Total income of 17 million which over 14.5m came from the state and 15 million paid on wages.

Im sure the money dished out to these charities could be used a lot better.

Anytime I hear Peter McVerry on the radio its the same old nonsense never a solution just blaming the government.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,608 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

as said I support the Raise the Roof ideal -

But just listened to Cash interview on Twitter - she screamed out the Government is robbing her blind - how much are the government actually paying her a week ?

These soundbites are not good for the real homeless in the country , Cash will be looked after , but many more vulnerable - the real homeless - will be sleeping rough tonight. So sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,350 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The Fermoy family are on the front of the local paper!43162592_10156794316613185_8268990094199750656_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=2c7d1b02467dcae3699b4c392bae95fe&oe=5C4BF3BD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

Gatling wrote: »
    No they are being sent to hubs to get them out of hotels which they don't seem in a Rush to move on from.

Nobody should be living in hotels for years for free

Like Alan Partridge :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

I posted this on another thread.

Its a huge industry that wont be going away any time soon and they use people like Ms Flemming\Mrs Cash to keep it in the spotlight.

Looking at the accounts of Peter Mcverry Trust gives an idea of the figures.

https://www.pmvtrust.ie/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Approved-and-Signed-PMVT-Audited-Accounts-for-2017-Excluding-income-and-expenditure.pdf

Total income of 17 million which over 14.5m came from the state and 15 million paid on wages.

Im sure the money dished out to these charities could be used a lot better.

Anytime I hear Peter McVerry on the radio its the same old nonsense never a solution just blaming the government.

I am really fed up of these charities too.

The Gardai have arrested someone who used to work for the hospice in Harolds Cross. A house was left to this organisation obviously so it would generate income for people with cancer. The house was sold for some really low figure and the hospice have now said, sorry, folks for not keeping a better eye on the finances.

What happened to the Console chancer Paul Kelly too,did he ever face any charges at all.

All those housing charities should be disbanded, they are serving no purpose whatsoever.

The Fermoy family are on the front of the local paper!43162592_10156794316613185_8268990094199750656_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=2c7d1b02467dcae3699b4c392bae95fe&oe=5C4BF3BD

Theres ony 3 kids in that photo, ha ha ha ha

your not in the social welfare office now boss :D

Because of the ADHD he cannot have the kids in the confines of a hotel room but your living in mobile home ,what am I missing . Sh*t wheres page 16 Im on the edge of my seat

All he does is blames the government and tries to gulit people into donating or make them feel bad for having money.

half price sale in Mr Mister. I'm listening

• Advertisement

half price sale in Mr Mister. I'm listening

He has had the same in the top corner for years now!

He has had the same in the top corner for years now!

top hat & cane their fierce dapper down Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭ShaneC93

Just got around to listening to her radio interview from earlier today.. She did herself no favours anyway, just shouting to avoid answering the questions.

Margaret: "The State is robbing us alive"
    Niall: "With the greatest of respect, how is the state robbing you?".
    Brilliant response! At last someone asking the hard questions or putting any questions to her at all.

Also:
    Margaret: "I pay my rent"
    Eh, what? You're living in a B&B paid by the council, before that you were in council apartments and in an house on HAP..

For those who've not heard it yet:
    https://twitter.com/niallboylan4fm/status/1047526900242022401

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Why can’t I listen to this?

Just saw the Independent gave her some publicity today as well:

"How many innocent people will die on our streets this winter' - Margaret Cash makes impassioned speech at housing protest"
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/how-many-innocent-people-will-die-on-our-streets-this-winter-margaret-cash-makes-impassioned-speech-at-housing-protest-37381181.html?86868686

• Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

"Winter is coming"

Jaysis this wan just gets worse and worse.

What a spokesperson. Bravo Margaret, Bravo.

Protest organisers would be better off not having her involved. What a wind bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Chewbacca wrote: »
    "Winter is coming"

Protest organisers would be better off not having her involved. What a wind bag.

It just goes tonight show what they’ll resort to. Rent a mob full of students on a Wednesday afternoon. A career welfare parasite speaking to the masses. Zero ****s gen by the rest of us

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

"Winter is coming"

Give the gimme, gimme, gimme idiot enough rope....

Absolutely hilarious carry on out of her.

I’d say her “handlers” were raging with her incoherent, self-entitled rant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Apparently winters coming....

• Advertisement

Protest organisers would be better off not having her involved. What a wind bag

In fairness, the "RaiseTheRoof" organisers (a number of groups, unions & NGOs) has the common sense to say she could not be a speaker and she was not an official speaker on the event's stage today.

The "Travellers for Travellers" group that Margaret goes to these events with instead made plans to bring along their own audio equipment (ended up being a megaphone) on Facebook so Margaret could speak because the event organisers were "blocking" her.

If you view that Facebook video I posted before, someone from the event comes up to them 5-6 mins in and says something along the lines of "Can you please turn that loudspeaker off?" and they posted in the FB group about how the organisers had tried to silence them by having performers play live music to overshadow her speech..

I'm not sure how on earth they thought it would be a great idea to attempt to shout over official speakers and hold their own mini protest at an event organised by many groups who were actually on her side. :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement