Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family of seven sleep in Garda station Mod note post one

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

2 year olds and above get free childcare in the UK if you are on certain benefits.

https://www.gov.uk/help-with-childcare-costs/free-childcare-2-year-olds

God help us if that ever comes in here!

I hope they have to be out working a avail of those

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Ms Cash, her partner and her children are all wards of the state. they've basically been sectioned as they are incapable of looking after themselves.

Thats a very interesting way of looking at it i hadnt thought of before. I really wish in this case we treated them as such and they were given allowances for food, electricity gas etc that was only possible to be used for those and other essentials. IE the vast majority their benefits could only go towards basic living costs with a tiny percentage available for luxuries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Jasper79

maccored wrote: »
    maybe we should take a leaf out of chinas book and limit kids? Right wing much?

or just not support lifestyles of people that have more than they can provide for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Very. And sadly how it goes now, I'd say there are lot of families who would love more kids but just cannot afford them - yet the have a stable home and would raise good people.

I'd guess when it's not money that you've earned and you know another kid will get more rather than cost more, it's easier for the likes of Ms Cash and her ilk.

The ultimate outcome is that the whole system collapses.

There is a pension timebomb already in the western world, but there are also welfare time bombs.

And the situation is being exasperated in certain European countries by the forced addition of unskilled uneducated mostly culturally hostile migrants whose only contribution will be to add further costs to the welfare systems, all the while the employment base is shrinking due to automation and removal of legacy manufacturing and service industries to cheaper cost developing nations.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

read the thread? I'd prefer the actual facts. Afaik she was given one option at 9.30 when she was already in the copshop. Please do tell what 'option after option' she got before going to the garda station

The main point here though is that this country is full of idiots who vote for the same parties, then when housing and health go to hell they blame the people with no houses - probably in this case because they are travellers. then the same posters tell each other how brilliant they each are and more than likely go and vote in the same twits. better to blame the victims of no housing that someone like government officials who can do something about it, yes?

So anyway - what were these 'option, after option ' you mentioned? Why dont they just take over paying the rent from the inner city housing charity for the accommodation she's currently in? Surely thats the handiest solution?

Some salient facts then as you don't want to be bothered reading this thread:

https://www.broadsheet.ie/2018/08/09/im-assuming-theyre-one-of-the-families-that-didnt-seek-further-assistance-from-us/

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/newsireland/no-matter-what-i-have-done-in-my-past-i-have-a-right-to-be-housed-homeless-mother-trolled-on-social-media/ar-BBLOwbO?li=AAo1rF5

Sadly most of the Irish media has bought into her narrative so actual facts are scarce and bull**** is all over.

Two questions to you if I may ?
    1. Who SHOULD we vote for then ?
    2. Why can't she pay her own rent ? She gets enough money.

Poor attempt at a straw man.

Like others have suggested simply capping the number of children at 2-3 for these kinds of welfare payments would likely produce immediate results. It couldn't be applied retroactively to families like the one in question but going forward year by year we would likely see far less of this specific issue.

It would encourage social responsibility with more people considering what they can and cant afford and stop the dependency on the state to pay for all of their poor life decisions.

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    I hope they have to be out working a avail of those

Nope, the laughably named Jobseekers Benefit is on there:
    Income Support
    income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
    income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
    Universal Credit - if you and your partner have a combined income from work of less than £15,400 a year after tax
    tax credits and you have an annual income of under £16,190 before tax
    the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
    support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
    the Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)

jmayo wrote: »
    The ultimate outcome is that the whole system collapses.

There is a pension timebomb already in the western world, but there are also welfare time bombs.

And the situation is being exasperated in certain European countries by the forced addition of unskilled uneducated mostly culturally hostile migrants whose only contribution will be to add further costs to the welfare systems, all the while the employment base is shrinking due to automation and removal of legacy manufacturing and service industries to cheaper cost developing nations.

There aren't many benefits to being 48 but the fact I'll likely have shuffled off and will miss the worst of it is up there with them.

• Advertisement

Melendez wrote: »

She should be vilified, she is using her own children to ensure the state provides for her and she never has to work. Disgusting woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Haven’t they relaxed that rule?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Jasper79 wrote: »
    or just not support lifestyles of people that have more than they can provide for ?

then most of the population would be ****ed .... remember the crash?

She should be vilified, she is using her own children to ensure the state provides for her and she never has to work. Disgusting woman.

Someone posted on here about an elderly lady in hospital being greeted by a cake from the family to celebrate her 100th grandchild.

I imagine that will be Ms Cash in 40 years time. I dread to cost that.

this should be about housing, not the individual.

Haven’t they relaxed that rule?

A few years ago when they realised - as if it wouldn't have been obvious!! - that they were short of women!

Some salient facts then as you don't want to be bothered reading this thread:

https://www.broadsheet.ie/2018/08/09/im-assuming-theyre-one-of-the-families-that-didnt-seek-further-assistance-from-us/

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/newsireland/no-matter-what-i-have-done-in-my-past-i-have-a-right-to-be-housed-homeless-mother-trolled-on-social-media/ar-BBLOwbO?li=AAo1rF5

Sadly most of the Irish media has bought into her narrative so actual facts are scarce and bull**** is all over.

Two questions to you if I may ?
    1. Who SHOULD we vote for then ?
    2. Why can't she pay her own rent ? She gets enough money.

answering your question:

A) someone who will do something about the various crisis this country is in
    B) Thats none of mine, nor your concern. Gossip seems to be your thing.

I think people will dispute your first link - I know on newstalk there was a debate about that very denial

then most of the population would be ****ed .... remember the crash?

What has the crash got to do with this situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭blackwhite

i'm 'on ignore' now so just making a general observation but it amazes me how people can post 200 pages of abuse but the minute someone gently pokes them they lose the plot and get defensive. as i've said, no self-awareness.

This from a poster that's been branding others as "dickheads" on the thread :rolleyes:

Self-awareness indeed

VinLieger wrote: »
    Poor attempt at a straw man.

Like others have suggested simply capping the number of children at 2-3 for these kinds of welfare payments would likely produce immediate results. It couldn't be applied retroactively to families like the one in question but going forward year by year we would likely see far less of this specific issue.

It would encourage social responsibility with more people considering what they can and cant afford and stop the dependency on the state to pay for all of their poor life decisions.

how is it a 'Poor attempt at a straw man'? It was suggested people should have less kids. That WAS the rule in china

• Advertisement

What has the crash got to do with this situation?

people lived beyond their means - which is what you are claiming these people are doing. really though, it should be about housing and not individuals, but I see many of you love to be self righteous

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 173 ✭✭Mike Hoch

immigration is going off-topic for this thread, i have no idea why anyone considers it even an issue in Ireland at the moment beyond how appalling Direct Provision is

- free bed
    - free breakfast, lunch, dinner, supper
    - free clothing
    - free education for children under 18. Including, I'd imagine, free books and uniform
    - free internet access
    - free heat and electricity
    - freedom to come and go from the premises
    - free medical care
    - a 20 odd quid allowance
    - free laptops! https://www.rte.ie/news/2018/0225/943471-laptop/
    - free adult 3rd level in some cases

These are the benefits on offer to anyone arriving in the country from the likes of Georgia, Albania, Bangladesh, South Africa and India as long as one can give a vague account of why you are in fear of your life, no matter how implausible the story is.

It's even better if you are lucky enough to skip DP and get brought straight from Greece or Italy. You'll win a house (allocated within a 3 month target time) and full 193 p/w week welfare entitlement!

Don't talk that guff about direct provision being anything other than what it is, a comfy little scam.

blackwhite wrote: »
    This from a poster that's been branding others as "dickheads" on the thread :rolleyes:

Self-awareness indeed

And arseholes. :rolleyes:

this should be about housing, not the individual.

Indeed it should be but she is the one who also made it about her by going for her photo op much like that woman from a few years ago who got the red tops to fall for the same ploy.

When it was investigated further it was found out she had a house elsewhere in a rural county but had piled her kids into a car and driven to the other end of the country in an attempt to get a better house in a nicer area by getting her picture taken looking sorry for herself.

people lived beyond their means - which is what you are claiming these people are doing. really though, it should be about housing and not individuals, but I see many of you love to be self righteous

And how many got the benefits , this lady is getting as a result of the crash? How many children did she have after going on the housing list as she could not provide for what she already had ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

ELM327 wrote: »
    Change the policy so future "parents" cannot scam the system in the same way.

Ok, but what do you do about this family? What's your solution?

For that Cash wagon to live beyond her means she'd have to start buying diamonds.

Her "means" are more than we workers can dream of.

And how many got the benefits , this lady is getting as a result of the crash? How many children did she have after going on the housing list as she could not provide for what she already had ?

Married at 15, housing list at 17 and then first kid - 6 more followed whilst on list.

For that Cash wagon to live beyond her means she'd have to start buying diamonds.

Her "means" are more than we workers can dream of.

i dont know the woman and Im not the kind of person to denigrate someone I know so little of. Interestingly though, you are.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement