Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family of seven sleep in Garda station Mod note post one

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

ELM327 wrote: »
    We are a welfare nation.
    But on the newstalk show (i listen every morning 6.30-7.20 or so) and they always follow the same format regardless of which 2 presenters are on:
    Raise contentious topic
    one presenter vociferously for it, and one against it

For a news station it's similar to the Adrian Kennedy show at times!

How anyone can listen to that left wing tosser is a mystery

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Renua on immigration. Just posted recently. But your right, write them off based on the fact they will change NOTHING, on social issues. And you wonder why the establishment gets away with the **** it does? Lol

https://www.facebook.com/614189535349194/posts/1446489748785831/

So Renua on economic issues and certain social issues (eg harder jail time for repeat offenders, stopping the likes of ms cash sponging off the state)
    But we need a labor like party on religious and the abortion issue. Also on immigration. We need immigration to keep the workforce growing and to pay pensions.
    It’d be a serious mix of a party alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazzer007

It's official we're now living in a welfare state. Tell us something we didn't already know. It's soul destroying that hard working people pay for those who will never lift a finger to help themselves. The "we're entitled brigade" will leech off the state until they take their last breath.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/report-gives-stark-warning-were-a-welfare-nation-862009.html

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭22michael44

Renua on immigration. Just posted recently. But your right, write them off based on the fact they will change NOTHING, on social issues. And you wonder why the establishment gets away with the **** it does? Lol

immigration is going off-topic for this thread, i have no idea why anyone considers it even an issue in Ireland at the moment beyond how appalling Direct Provision is (indeed people earlier in the thread were saying we need more foreign people - only the right ones with a work ethic presumably), and it is quite telling and not surprising that it's being brought up. the mask, it is never far from slipping

tom1ie wrote: »
    Ok. To be honest I have a decent grasp of the English language but the list of principles on the website is quite hard to follow.
    Also point 8 states:
    “The National Party insists that no law should permit the provision of Abortion in Ireland.“
    So that’s a no for me.

the sensitive people in this thread won't like me saying this, but i can cut through the bull**** for you: they're a fascist party.

• Advertisement

immigration is going off-topic for this thread, i have no idea why anyone considers it even an issue in Ireland at the moment beyond how appalling Direct Provision is (indeed people earlier in the thread were saying we need more foreign people - only the right ones with a work ethic presumably), and it is quite telling and not surprising that it's being brought up.

Agree. This thread is about an Irish citizen robbing fellow taxpayers in the Republic of Ireland who pay their tax towards the betterment of the country. It really has nothing to do with bashing immigration. There’s other threads for that I’m sure.

the sensitive people in this thread won't like me saying this, but i can cut through the bull**** for you: they're a fascist party.

Well yeah, I mean look at the picture on the internet page! But my point is can’t we have a party that mixes the best of both worlds. Some right wing on economic policies and some left wing on social issues. By social issues I don’t mean allowing spongers to continue to sponge by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Bazzer007 wrote: »
    It's official we're now living in a welfare state. Tell us something we didn't already know. It's soul destroying that hard working people pay for those who will never lift a finger to help themselves. The "we're entitled brigade" will leech off the state until they take their last breath.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/report-gives-stark-warning-were-a-welfare-nation-862009.html
    who totally supports these wasters and makes the decision. to keep the ridiculous rates and keep the system as it is... I’ll give you a clue... it’s the government!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,090 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

you need to get a grip if you're looking longingly towards America and their lack of a welfare safety net. you really do.

Nah. There are good proposals there, like capping the limits and not letting you stay on welfare all your life, that Ireland could adopt.

• Advertisement

When is the next election anyway?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

When is the next election anyway?

Could be October, could be 2021!

Igotadose wrote: »
    Nah. There are good proposals there, like capping the limits and not letting you stay on welfare all your life, that Ireland could adopt.

You only have to watch the likes of Judge Judy - you see people being unemployed for a year and then having no choice but to go back to work as their unemployment ran out.

Here we let leeches suck the pot dry for generations.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

LOL you are still trying to push this "renua as a viable option", silliness they have been abandoned by not only every one of their founding members but every member that would even be considered close to credible.

Their last party conference had a keynote being delivered by john "im leaving the country" waters for god sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,090 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

You only have to watch the likes of Judge Judy - you see people being unemployed for a year and then having no choice but to go back to work as their unemployment ran out.

Here we let leeches suck the pot dry for generations.

Herself mentioned to me, that when this reform passed in 1996, all of a sudden, women were able to exist without having huge families in the US. This was partially due to abortion, but more due to willingness to not have kids unless they were funded. Once abortion's finally legalized in Ireland (any day now), I can see the attitude shifting, should the financial incentives for large families go away.

Of course, the RCC will be all over how horrible it'd be to remove those incentives, big families make for more parishioners and more misery, all part of its business model.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭recyclops

a different take on the recent housing crisis is how a whole estate is rallying against the council to make sure someone doesn't get a house there.

bizarre that nobody has picked this up all i can see on it so far is the two articles of local news

https://www.greystonesguide.ie/showdown-at-farrenkelly-close-aug18/

https://www.greystonesguide.ie/wcc-abandon-farrenkelly-close-move/

Igotadose wrote: »

it's not a carvery menu that you pick and choose from. once political parties set about dismantling the welfare state it's a slippery slope.

recyclops wrote: »
    a different take on the recent housing crisis is how a whole estate is rallying against the council to make sure someone doesn't get a house there.

bizarre that nobody has picked this up all i can see on it so far is the two articles of local news

https://www.greystonesguide.ie/showdown-at-farrenkelly-close-aug18/

https://www.greystonesguide.ie/wcc-abandon-farrenkelly-close-move/

Clock the name of the scumbag son's accomplice.....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,639 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

VinLieger wrote: »
    LOL you are still trying to push this "renua as a viable option", silliness they have been abandoned by not only every one of their founding members but every member that would even be considered close to credible.

Their last party conference had a keynote being delivered by john "im leaving the country" waters for god sake.
    I was a renua member.
    I thought they would move a bit left on abortion as the party grew, and I agreed with the rest of their policies (tough on crime, 3 strikes you're out, flat tax, etc).
    But they didnt, and since anti abortionists now make up less than 1/3 of the electorate, I guess the subset of those anti abortion that are also pro renua are very small indeed.

We should set up the "Boards Rational Political Party"... and just implement common sense.

Clock the name of the scumbag son's accomplice.....
    And given the small interbreeding social cycles that they live in (ie travellers normally breed/procreate with travellers) , the likelihood that there is no relation between the two cashes is very small indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

And given the small interbreeding social cycles that they live in (ie travellers normally breed/procreate with travellers) , the likelihood that there is no relation between the two cashes is very small indeed.

My money is on him being a brother

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

dunno

lXJ4jrZ.jpg

PlUnCZ4.jpg

gctest50 wrote: »
    dunno

lXJ4jrZ.jpg

PlUnCZ4.jpg

And that is the kind of venal waste of breath that people think should be entitled to be housed ??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Jesus, you're really digging dip to explain why you think it's perfectly acceptable for young children to sleep in a Garda station at night.

I was a renua member.
    I thought they would move a bit left on abortion as the party grew, and I agreed with the rest of their policies (tough on crime, 3 strikes you're out, flat tax, etc).
    But they didnt, and since anti abortionists now make up less than 1/3 of the electorate, I guess the subset of those anti abortion that are also pro renua are very small indeed.

We should set up the "Boards Rational Political Party"... and just implement common sense.

before setting up the Boards Rational Political Party you might want to have a quiet word with your members and ask them to tone down some of their more colourful views. you won't get very far otherwise. you might realise how much of minority 'tell-it-like-it-is' message board malcontents are, though. so it'd still be a worthwhile endeavour either way

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

I am still surprised this is on-going.

Just reading through some of the papers, facebooks etc.

It seems a bit mad, I know many moons back when I was a father of 2 and lost my job I went out laboring on a building site to get money. It didnt actually cross my mind to go about things this way, more fool me.

Back now on 80K though so all good. And that is from work, before anyone says :)

Lux23 wrote: »
    Jesus, you're really digging dip to explain why you think it's perfectly acceptable for young children to sleep in a Garda station at night.
    It's not acceptable but the blame lays at the culpability of the parents for creating them with no means to support them

before setting up the Boards Rational Political Party you might want to have a quiet word with your members and ask them to tone down some of their more colourful views. you won't get very far otherwise. you might realise how much of minority 'tell-it-like-it-is' message board malcontents are, though. so it'd still be a worthwhile endeavour either way

I think we'll just exclude you, that way we won't have to deal with your nonsense.:)

I am still surprised this is on-going.

Just reading through some of the papers, facebooks etc.

It seems a bit mad, I know many moons back when I was a father of 2 and lost my job I went out laboring on a building site to get money. It didnt actually cross my mind to go about things this way, more fool me.

Back now on 80K though so all good. And that is from work, before anyone says :)

Be proud of that, its what the country was built on - and hopefully will get back to. Once the bleeding hearts p**s off defending scumbags.

It's not acceptable but the blame lays at the culpability of the parents for creating them with no means to support them

I think we'll just exclude you, that way we won't have to deal with your nonsense.:)

Plus at no point did they HAVE to spend the night there, it was engineered thus so the mother had the photo op.

She had options, she just preferred the free one.

No, we shouldn't blame the kids - give that a few years when they're doing the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Sure this woman and her partner probably shouldn't have had seven children unless she can have them but now that they're here -what is your solution? How can it be fixed? How do we get a welfare dependent family away from this kind of life?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement