Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family of seven sleep in Garda station Mod note post one

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

VinLieger wrote: »
    Except your post was a complete straw man so in no way contextual to the discussion whatsoever

ah here we are with the straw man claim again. Last time it was about china, and wasnt a straw man. whats the strawman this time? or did you just recently learn the word?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭22michael44

Ironic considering the poster you are replying to is the first one to have suggested such an extreme idea. Learn what a straw man argument is and come back to us.

haha, what page did you check in on?

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Jasper79

maccored wrote: »
    here we have it - this is nothing more than a bitching thread about a woman then. obviously hasnt anything to do with the housing crisis, certainly going by the content.

Are yous going to compare handbags next?

There are other threads about the housing crisis, this is about this awful excuse of a woman/mother.

Jasper79 wrote: »
    There are other threads about the housing crisis, this is about this awful excuse of a woman/mother.

well, hope yous are all proud of yourselves. let the kids have a read so they can see what kind of sterling people you all are

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

ah here we are with the straw man claim again. Last time it was about china, and wasnt a straw man. whats the strawman this time? or did you just recently learn the word?

Insinuating i was suggesting we implement a one child policy like china when i suggested nothing of the sort is the definition of a straw man fallacy.

Let me spell it out for you, saying the government should not have to pay for peoples children if they decide to have more than they can afford, which is what I said, is not the same as the government making it illegal to have more than one child, which is what you decided i had said.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

well, hope yous are all proud of yourselves. let the kids have a read so they can see what kind of sterling people you all are

They can blame their mother for putting them in the spotlight.

Insinuating i was suggesting we implement a one child policy like china when i suggested nothing of the sort is the definition of a straw man fallacy.

Let me spell it out for you, saying the government should not have to pay for peoples children if they decide to have more than they can afford, which is what I said, is not the same as the government making it illegal to have more than one child, which is what you decided i had said.

you said they had too many kids and maybe there should be a limit. that sounds like the one child policy in china to me

it's their mother that has put them in this position, well and father.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭arctictree

IMO the biggest problem for Ms Cash is that in her culture, her lifestyle choices are the norm. I'd say she rarely has meaningful discussions about her situation outside her social group. This is not really going to change until they commit to staying in education longer and/or get more involved with the wider community.

They can blame their mother for putting them in the spotlight.

it highlighted an important issue. whats this thread highlighted, other than how ugly and horrible people can be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,356 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

If it was Late Late Show or Ray D'Arcy Show season I'm sure they would have Cash on with her sob story.

it highlighted an important issue. whats this thread highlighted, other than how ugly and horrible people can be?

What important issue, that you might struggle to support 7 kids if you've no job ??

And some mothers will use their own children for their own selfish gains ?

blackwhite wrote: »
    This from a poster that's been branding others as "dickheads" on the thread :rolleyes:

Self-awareness indeed

i called one poster a dickhead after, not before, he told me to piss off (i wonder was he reported?)
    planespeeking, who i thought had me on ignore, says i called someone an 'arsehole' which i do not recall. not really a word i use, it's a bit bland

• Registered Users Posts: 21,792 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

She HAD a home, she was bragging on social media about it. Lovely Waterford crystal decs.

Then she was offered one in Meath. But one of the kids may have had to share, turned that down.

"Unfortunate" ??? That's not the word most would use.
    So she's expecting a seven bedroom house in Dublin?
    This is exactly why I refer to lifetime dolers as the neuveau riche.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

you said they had too many kids and maybe there should be a limit. that sounds like the one child policy in china to me

Heres the post you replied to, please point out to where I said that?

But why should the state be responsible for picking up the tab on the decisions you have made to have more children than you can afford?

i called one poster a dickhead after, not before, he told me to piss off (i wonder was he reported?)
    planespeeking, who i thought had me on ignore, says i called someone an 'arsehole' which i do not recall. not really a word i use, it's a bit bland
    Report someone who has insulted you but quite frankly there is a myriad of space on the spectrum of insult between piss off and arsehole.

what were you saying? haha that was literally the suggestion i replied to, maybe you just posted in a really confusing manner, you're confusing me.

Lux23 wrote: »
    Ok, but what do you do about this family? What's your solution?
    It's a lost cause, but my solution of removing the entitlement for future claimants will stop this rubbish in a few years time.

I mean, what I really want is to remove all child benefits, put a lifetime max of 5 years SW payments for everyone, and remove the children from that woman. But I'll get flamed for that from the bearded lefties/

ELM327 wrote: »
    Report someone who has insulted you but quite frankly there is a myriad of space on the spectrum of insult between piss off and arsehole.

dickhead, not arsehole. i really don't think there is but we're splitting hairs. if i tell someone to piss off in real life i'd fully expect a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,986 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Lux23 wrote:
    Jesus, you're really digging dip to explain why you think it's perfectly acceptable for young children to sleep in a Garda station at night.

I don't think it acceptable at all but remember she was offered accommodation & transportation that night and she turned it down.

Personally I would have let my children to sleep in comfortable beds that were offered rather than a Garda station.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I don't think it acceptable at all but remember she was offered accommodation & transportation that night and she turned it down.

Personally I would have let my children to sleep in comfortable beds that were offered rather than a Garda station.

Yeah sure the optics looked worse at the Garda station which is exactly what she was hoping for

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

NIMAN wrote: »
    If it was Late Late Show or Ray D'Arcy Show season I'm sure they would have Cash on with her sob story.

Perhaps that is Turgidy's "special announcement" - one huge USC increase for everyone in the audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,986 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Tell you what, she's not a bad looking woman judging by the photos published. Not a spec of makeup either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

So she's expecting a seven bedroom house in Dublin?
    This is exactly why I refer to lifetime dolers as the neuveau riche.

We’ve come to the conclusion she might have trouble fitting into the Aras if we send Michael D back to Galway .

Flatley’s mansion is in the wrong location as well

what were you saying? haha that was literally the suggestion i replied to, maybe you just posted in a really confusing manner, you're confusing me.

never mind i see what's happened here is i had you confused with the other poster replying to you. but whoever it was that said that's the first time such a suggestion (China, kids, etc) has been floated, even if it was sarcasm on this occasion, needs to dig back a bit further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Melendez wrote: »
    She was offered a room than didn't have enough beds.

She was offered a house .

Stop making stuff up

never mind i see what's happened here is i had you confused with the other poster replying to you. but whoever it was that said that's the first time such a suggestion (China, kids, etc) has been floated, even if it was sarcasm on this occasion, needs to dig back a bit further.

And apologies to you - it was Melendez said arseholes. Not you.

Melendez wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Did they have to have one bedroom per child, or one bed per child?
    Either way in times of emergency (and especially when 3+ children was more common) when I was younger sleeping top to tail with sibling(s) of the same gender was commonplace.

She's just being spoilt and picky, milking the system for all its worth. And when the oldest is 6, Im sure she'll be up the pole again.

• Advertisement

Did they have to have one bedroom per child, or one bed per child?
    Either way in times of emergency (and especially when 3+ children was more common) when I was younger sleeping top to tail with sibling(s) of the same gender was commonplace.

She's just being spoilt and picky, milking the system for all its worth. And when the oldest is 6, Im sure she'll be up the pole again.

She'll be a grandmother several times over before she is 40 and a great grandmother of dozens before retirement age.

Well not that retirement age means anything to her but you get the drift.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement