Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family of seven sleep in Garda station Mod note post one

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

maccored wrote: »
    i dont know the woman and Im not the kind of person to denigrate someone I know so little of. Interestingly though, you are.

She made it her business to flaunt the money WE make available to her; she lied her arse off and used the kids to get more benefits.

She's fair game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Jasper79 wrote: »
    And how many got the benefits , this lady is getting as a result of the crash? How many children did she have after going on the housing list as she could not provide for what she already had ?

so its a witch hunt then .... you have an issue with this woman getting benefits. there are many more you know, getting all kinds.

Personally I think theres too many benefits on offer - but that would be to blame those ACTUALLY responsible, rather than some unfortunate with no home, so you;d probably disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Melendez wrote: »
    • 225g/8oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
    • 125g/4oz Butter or Margarine (room temperature)
    • 125g/4oz Shamrock Golden Caster Sugar
    • 150ml/¼pt Milk (less 2 tablespoons)
    • 2 Eggs
    • 350g/12oz Shamrock Fruit Mix
    • 1 level teaspoon Goodall's Mixed Spice
    • Shamrock Walnut Halves, to decorate

how much can it be?

20 tiers of custom made designer cake several thousand of our finest tax payers euros

She made it her business to flaunt the money WE make available to her; she lied her arse off and used the kids to get more benefits.

She's fair game.

fair game? for what ... internet trolling? Jesus ... you know what, youre saying more about yourself there than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Jasper79

so its a witch hunt then .... you have an issue with this woman getting benefits. there are many more you know, getting all kinds.

Personally I think theres too many benefits on offer - but that would be to blame those ACTUALLY responsible, rather than some unfortunate with no home, so you;d probably disagree.

I agree the system is messed up, however she is not some unfortunate. She had 7 children when she couldn't even afford to put a roof over her own head. Thats all kind of stupid, or smart when you can get somebody else to pay for it..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

I agree the system is messed up, however she is not some unfortunate. She had 7 children when she couldn't even afford to put a roof over her own head. Thats all kind of stupid, or smart when you can get somebody else to pay for it..

this isnt about her though. what it has done is put some pressure ont he government for housing, which isnt a bad thing. whats absolutely disgusting is some of the tripe in this thread. Shameful ****.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

She HAD a home, she was bragging on social media about it. Lovely Waterford crystal decs.

Then she was offered one in Meath. But one of the kids may have had to share, turned that down.

"Unfortunate" ??? That's not the word most would use.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

The thing nobody has really mentioned so far is should we realistically be expecting our councils to be able provide a house at the drop of a hat for 7 children?

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Jasper79

this isnt about her though. what it has done is put some pressure ont he government for housing, which isnt a bad thing. whats absolutely disgusting is some of the tripe in this thread. Shameful ****.

I disagree entirely, this ladies actions are what are disgusting. dressing her children up in uniforms and dragging them around for photo ops, to get her bumped up the list for her free house . People calling her out on it are damn right in my opinion,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

She did use the term ‘entitled to be housed’ didn’t she?

VinLieger wrote: »
    The thing nobody has really mentioned so far is should we realistically be expecting our councils to be able provide a house at the drop of a hat for 7 children?

Apparently so. Ridiculous is it not ?

fair game?

Fair game to have her story picked apart and be exposed for the liar and social welfare sponge she is.

Several times - most notably when trying to cover up her criminal behaviour.

Several times - most notably when trying to cover up her criminal behaviour.

Entitled entitled entitled.

No wonder the country is fcuked

Am I entitled to say that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Must look it up further but any time I've seen it is "They're saying you should be ashamed - I already know that. I am ashamed of being homeless," she told the Irish Sun.

"No matter what I have done in my past, it doesn't take away from the fact that I have a right to be housed."

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Must look it up further but any time I've seen it is "They're saying you should be ashamed - I already know that. I am ashamed of being homeless," she told the Irish Sun.

"No matter what I have done in my past, it doesn't take away from the fact that I have a right to be housed."

I'd say the PBP rep coaching her has said to add a touch of humility to the hubris - better optics going forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

No one has a right to be housed, where do they get this nonsense from?????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

It's the likes of Boyd Barrett, Coppinger and Paul Murphy spout that nonsense

Why has she a right to a house for 7 kids, herself and prob the husband when he gets out of jail despite her never having worked a day in her life?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭22michael44

maybe we should take a leaf out of chinas book and limit kids? Right wing much?

yes, that is very right wing. not really a radical viewpoint in the context of this thread though, so don't be afraid to speak your mind.

• Advertisement

most civilised western democracies do regard having a roof over your head as a basic human right.

A Right to be housed is it?

Ok lads, pack up paying mortgages, ye have a right to free houses.

VinLieger wrote: »
    Fair game to have her story picked apart and be exposed for the liar and social welfare sponge she is.

here we have it - this is nothing more than a bitching thread about a woman then. obviously hasnt anything to do with the housing crisis, certainly going by the content.

Are yous going to compare handbags next?

yes, that is very right wing. not really a radical viewpoint in the context of this thread though, so don't be afraid to speak your mind.

keep in context. thats precisely the point I was making about the comment I was commenting on ... a tad right wing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

most civilised western democracies do regard having a roof over your head as a basic human right.

Yeah which she had.

That’s different to a right to a house.

Ironic considering the poster you are replying to is the first one to have suggested such an extreme idea. Learn what a straw man argument is and come back to us.

keep in context. thats precisely the point I was making about the comment I was commenting on ... a tad right wing

Except your post was a complete straw man so in no way contextual to the discussion whatsoever

Calm down wheelie calm down.

It annoys me too.

She’s being coached by the Paul Murphy’s the Ruth Coppingers the Joan Collins of this world who will probably say she’s entitled to it on 2 grounds

Ethnicity & culture.

A Right to be housed is it?

Ok lads, pack up paying mortgages, ye have a right to free houses.

finlands not doing too bad with that theory. then again, who'd we all have to look down on if there wasnt homeless people (sarcasm, just in case that flew over anyones head)

• Advertisement

I disagree entirely, this ladies actions are what are disgusting. dressing her children up in uniforms and dragging them around for photo ops, to get her bumped up the list for her free house . People calling her out on it are damn right in my opinion,

if one more person (i won't say what i really want to say in place of person because someone will report me) mentions 'uniforms' i'm going to scream

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement