Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alex Jones content removed from Facebook, Youtube, Apple

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

MrFresh wrote: »
    I made a factual statement. You responded with a rant against the authoritarianism of the left. You didn't actually address or challenge the content of my post though.

I did though. You just don't get it. Ah well.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

splashuum wrote: »
    If what Batgoat says is true, shouldn’t RTE,BBC,CNN etc etc all be banned too for spreading the fake Russia gate propaganda?

Can you give an example of a fake story that RTÉ published in regard to US politics? A link will do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Can you give an example of a fake story that RTÉ published in regard to US politics? A link will do.

Certain users are pretty invested in pretending the Mueller report hasn't put Trump in hot water. RTE has basically only ever reported on the investigation in news items...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Apparently RTE reporting on a legitimate investigation into accusations of collusion between Donald Trump and Russia is the same thing as spreading 'fake news'.

Y'know, just like the fake news from Alex Jones saying that murdered children were actually crisis actors. Totally the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

Zorya wrote: »
    I did though. You just don't get it. Ah well.

giphy.gif

i get what you were saying in the post. You still didn't challenge the veracity of what I said though. To remind you, i said

Facebook, Youtube and Twitter were some of the greatest contributors to Trump's win and the Russians attempts to help him. They allowed Trump and his supporters to spread massive amounts of fake news to a massive userbase. .

Do you believe that is true or false? Simple question. Doesn't need a gif or a long rant about how terrible the left is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Patty Hearst

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Apparently RTE reporting on a legitimate investigation into accusations of collusion between Donald Trump and Russia is the same thing as spreading 'fake news'.

Y'know, just like the fake news from Alex Jones saying that murdered children were actually crisis actors. Totally the same thing.

Kind of like the way RTE portrayed crisis actors as murdered children in Syria.

And the way they portrayed the head chopping, child raping Islamists as 'rebel' freedom fighters..remember that?

Or the Italian fake news outlet including footage from films as proof of migrant riots.. Definitely comparable to BBC.

I know. I suspect that the user saw RTE reports like "A special council has been appointed to investigate Russian interference in the 2016 US election" and assumed that RTE was actually saying "OMG TRUMP GUILTY". Some people have difficulty with comprehension and even others have difficulty with comprehension in their native language.

Not RTE but Fintan O'Toole and the Irish Times were fairly blatant in their insinuations that Trump colluded with Russia.

Screen-Shot-2019-05-14-at-11-22-23.png

Screen-Shot-2019-05-14-at-11-22-42.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Not RTE but Fintan O'Toole and the Irish Times were fairly blatant in their insinuations that Trump colluded with Russia.

Yeah, it's not like he was on national television or anything asking them to hack Hilary's emails.

• Advertisement

Eh, that's an opinion piece... It's not remotely comparable to sharing footage from a film as a news story.

Secondly the findings of the Mueller report is that Congress should consider if the obstruction that Trump engaged in is sufficient grounds to impeach. In addition to that, there's been a fair few more scandals that followed including Mueller's issues with how AG Barr summarised the report. For the most part, the media reported accurately and when entirely wrong, they generally retracted stories.

So not remotely similar to intentionally false news stories.

batgoat wrote: »
    Eh, that's an opinion piece... It's not remotely comparable to sharing footage from a film as a news story.

Secondly the findings of the Mueller report is that Congress should consider if the obstruction that Trump engaged in is sufficient grounds to impeach. In addition to that, there's been a fair few more scandals that followed including Mueller's issues with how AG Barr summarised the report. For the most part, the media reported accurately and when entirely wrong, they generally retracted stories.

Yeah sure

Trump-Russia is Qanon for normies

Yeah sure

Trump-Russia is Qanon for normies

Normies... Dear Jesus...

What about the fact that RTE reported on a 'chemical' attack in Douma without much evidence...the same 'Chemical attack' which has now found to have been staged

http://syriapropagandamedia.org/working-papers/assessment-by-the-engineering-sub-team-of-the-opcw-fact-finding-mission-investigating-the-alleged-chemical-attack-in-douma-in-april-2018

What about the fact that RTE reported on a 'chemical' attack in Douma without much evidence...the same 'Chemical attack' which has now found to have been staged

http://syriapropagandamedia.org/working-papers/assessment-by-the-engineering-sub-team-of-the-opcw-fact-finding-mission-investigating-the-alleged-chemical-attack-in-douma-in-april-2018

The OPCW did conclude that a chemical weapon attack occurred. So really you're the one who's engaging in propaganda... Are you able to provide credible sources rather than some blog. Opcw conclusions below.

https://www.opcw.org/media-centre/news/2019/03/opcw-issues-fact-finding-mission-report-chemical-weapons-use-allegation

The OPCW did conclude that a chemical weapon attack occurred. So really you're the one who's engaging in propaganda... Are you able to provide credible sources rather than some blog. Opcw conclusions below.

https://www.opcw.org/media-centre/news/2019/03/opcw-issues-fact-finding-mission-report-chemical-weapons-use-allegation

If you read the report you would see that the evidence is based from a leaked OPCW memo....of course you didn't read it though.

You take your cues from the same sources that claimed Trump colluded with Russia

• Registered Users Posts: 23,287 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Normies... Dear Jesus...

I guess normie is the term for non consiraportial people who actually use facts.

I think its a compliment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

If you read the report you would see that the evidence is based from a leaked OPCW memo....of course you didn't read it though.

You take your cues from the same sources that claimed Trump colluded with Russia

He did.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

DrumSteve wrote: »
    He did.

Actually, I personally never believed that Trump directly colluded with Russia. Certainly members of his team were heavily involved with Russia.

But here's the thing. Trump is, and always has been, a loudmouth bragger who frequently says things he shouldn't. He literally just admitted to messing around with his taxes.

Putin however, is not a stupid man. He'd never directly collude with Trump because it would only end badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

Actually, I personally never believed that Trump directly colluded with Russia. Certainly members of his team were heavily involved with Russia.

But here's the thing. Trump is, and always has been, a loudmouth bragger who frequently says things he shouldn't. He literally just admitted to messing around with his taxes.

Putin however, is not a stupid man. He'd never directly collude with Trump because it would only end badly.

For who?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

This thread is genuinely hilarious. People sticking up for fake news outlets while standing by facebook,twitter,YouTube scandalous actions.

This thread is genuinely hilarious. People sticking up for fake news outlets while standing by facebook,twitter,YouTube scandalous actions.

There's nothing scandalous about it...

Zorya wrote: »
    It's too late. The virus has mutated :pac: Alex Jones is so yesterday, dudes.

well...-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

This young lady is now being targeted by Buzzfeed who are attempting to have her removed from youtube.

Buzzed cannot countenance an articulate, politically aware 14 year old budding comedian who sees through the crap.

This 9 year old below however is perfectly fine with Buzzfeed so much so that have celebrated him in numerous articles.

Screen-Shot-2019-05-14-at-16-09-30.png

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

Great Upload on the Joe Rogan podcast today where they discussed exactly what I have been saying in this thread.

“Social media is in control of political discourse”

Tell me more how I’m a “conspiracy therorist”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mFFFpXX4v8Q

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 474 ✭✭Former Observer

This young lady is now being targeted by Buzzfeed who are attempting to have her removed from youtube.

Buzzed cannot countenance an articulate, politically aware 14 year old budding comedian who sees through the crap.

This 9 year old below however is perfectly fine with Buzzfeed so much so that have celebrated him in numerous articles.ì

Screen-Shot-2019-05-14-at-16-09-30.png

What am I looking at. Looks dodgy AF.

What am I looking at. Looks dodgy AF.

Its a 'celebrated' 9 year old drag queen called Lactatia who has featured in many gushing articles.
    And as you can see extremely dodgy photoshoots which are apparently 'normal' and you're the weirdo for having a problem with it.

Its a 'celebrated' 9 year old drag queen called Lactatia who has featured in many gushing articles.
    And as you can see extremely dodgy photoshoots which are apparently 'normal' and you're the weirdo for having a problem with it.

I googled it, it was controversial in general from all sides. Honestly, I hadn't heard of it until you chose to post the image.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

I'm live and let live, up to a point, when I see this stuff, this is what comes into my head.

"I live back in the woods, you see
    My woman and the kids and the dogs and me
    I got a shotgun and a rifle and a four wheel drive
    And a countryboy can survive, country folks can survive"

Tell me more how I’m a “conspiracy therorist”

I'm not sure how posting a video of Joe Rogan as evidence of a conspiracy makes you less of a conspiracy theorist.

You might as well post a clip of Gemma O Doherty to make the case that chemtrails are a thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,235 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I googled it, it was controversial in general from all sides. Honestly, I hadn't heard of it until you chose to post the image.
    It's used by a certain section of people to say "look, this is what liberals all want". If you don't support Trump, conservatism, anti immigration etc you must support this. Where in reality only a tiny percentage of people actually do.

Advertisement